What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Power 5 Preseason Predictions

Utah is ranked high enough going into the season that if they end up 12-1, they’ll get in. So much of the the rankings come from confirmation bias

I just have a hard time seeing them get in over say a 12-1 Michigan/OSU or a 12-1 OU/Texas. This of course assumes that the other 2 spots go to Clemson and the SEC Champion. And Utah is already ranked behind all 4 of those teams in the preseason coaches poll, using that as a gauge.

I just have a hard time seeing them get in over say a 12-1 Michigan/OSU or a 12-1 OU/Texas. This of course assumes that the other 2 spots go to Clemson and the SEC Champion. And Utah is already ranked behind all 4 of those teams in the preseason coaches poll, using that as a gauge.
You’re probably right. In the event there are five or more teams with 0 or 1 loss and they all have at least won their conference, Utah probably doesn’t make it.

You’re probably right. In the event there are five or more teams with 0 or 1 loss and they all have at least won their conference, Utah probably doesn’t make it.

Not necessarily-here's a what if for you. Let's say 12-1 Ohio State wins the Big 10, but their loss is the kind of beatdown Iowa and Purdue have given them to say.....Northwestern. Let's say Utah goes 12-1, loses to Washington, and then beats either them or Oregon to win the Pac 12-you really think OSU goes ahead of Utah in that scenario?

Not necessarily-here's a what if for you. Let's say 12-1 Ohio State wins the Big 10, but their loss is the kind of beatdown Iowa and Purdue have given them to say.....Northwestern. Let's say Utah goes 12-1, loses to Washington, and then beats either them or Oregon to win the Pac 12-you really think OSU goes ahead of Utah in that scenario?
It’d be close but reputation probably gets tOSU in. They would have also beaten Wisconsin, MSU, Neb, PSU and Michigan, it to mention UW/Iowa in BIGCG. Utah doesn’t have quite that kind of schedule lineup to impress

It’d be close but reputation probably gets tOSU in. They would have also beaten Wisconsin, MSU, Neb, PSU and Michigan, it to mention UW/Iowa in BIGCG. Utah doesn’t have quite that kind of schedule lineup to impress

Agreed that would be fairly close given that tOSU doesn't have a P5 opponent on their non-conference schedule (although neither does Utah) but I don't see tOSU getting left out in this scenario. Of course there's always the unique set of circumstances that could work for Utah where Michigan, MSU, and PSU all have 3+ losses and Utah beats an undefeated/1-loss Oregon in the Pac12 title game.

That's the thing about Utah, if they go 12-1 as Pac-12 champs they're likely gonna end up behind any other 1-loss P5 champ in the CFP standings. And even if they go 12-0 going into the Pac12 title game they'll have to turn around and beat UW a 2nd time or play an Oregon team who is arguably better.
That depends on how the PAC does in their out of conference games against other P5 teams. If they can go net positive overall in those games in the W/L column, PAC perception will change for the better quickly.

That depends on how the PAC does in their out of conference games against other P5 teams. If they can go net positive overall in those games in the W/L column, PAC perception will change for the better quickly.

Mainly the high-profile games:
Oregon-Auburn
USC-ND
ASU-Michigan State
Stanford-UCF
Nebraska-CU

Corso has Alabama over Utah in the National Championship. He also had Wisconsin in the CFP last year and they were ****ty.

Corso is the Barkley of College Football analysts........the dude's predictions are way off, but I still enjoy watching him.

Corso is the Barkley of College Football analysts[insert punctuation here][insert punctuation here]..the dude's predictions are way off, but I still enjoy watching him.
He was struggling on Saturday. I think it’s time that he starts limiting appearances like Vitale did for hoops.

He was struggling on Saturday. I think it’s time that he starts limiting appearances like Vitale did for hoops.

Vitale was actually broadcasting games last year with Bob Wischusen lol, but I agree. Had I been ESPN, I'd have gone hard after Neuheisel. Rick could fill the shoes of Corso when he can't do it anymore. I frankly wouldn't be mad if ESPN held him out until the pick segment started-dude still knows how to troll at 84 or whatever he is......as evidenced by Alabama/LSU LY.

Mine:
SEC Champ-Georgia
Big 12 Champ-Oklahoma
ACC Champ-Clemson
Big 10 Champ-Michigan
Pac 12 Champ-Utah

CFP: 1)Clemson over 4)Alabama
2)Georgia over 3)Michigan

Georgia over Clemson for NC

P12 South
1)Utah
2)Colorado