What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Practice Report 8/12

Yes. You don't spend a scholly on a JC guy who goes thru spring and then is behind a true Frosh walkon after 1 week and feel like that wasnt a mistake.

Staff didn't know what it had in Hirschman and wanted insurance other than a true freshman who had no D1 offers (Dorman) as our best option if Hansen got hurt. Going into its first spring, they also didn't want only 2 QBs to be throwing all the passes in spring practices. The also knew that the junior class was very light on scholarship count, so adding a JUCO would give them another slot for the 2013 class. It was a calculated gamble. A good decision on a lot of levels, but still one that looks like it isn't going to work out for us.

[video=youtube;IQTKCgxU5ig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQTKCgxU5ig[/video]

Back to lurking. :thumbsup:

seriously, this is like the second time a year-plus member made their first post just today. Who are you people? Where do you come from?

Dude! Yeah. Late 80s and on my way through all of the nineties and beyond but I discovered how to study real hard so only until summer of 1990

Wait? Have we had this converstation? Probably, I know we've PMed a couple of times, and I probably just forgot. I used to grab a sandwich (turkey and swiss with onions, steamed) and a rasberry iced tea from the Cornucopia every day. Were you the grumpy customer-service guy--ala Randall--who complained that any idot visiting Boulder (not me...I lived there) shouldn't want a ****ing sandwich from the ****ing Cornucopia?

Also, if you were, didn't you have an intermittant interest in isometrics as a legitimate workout regime?

Wait? Have we had this converstation? Probably, I know we've PMed a couple of times, and I probably just forgot. I used to grab a sandwich (turkey and swiss with onions, steamed) and a rasberry iced tea from the Cornucopia every day. Were you the grumpy customer-service guy--ala Randall--who complained that any idot visiting Boulder (not me...I lived there) shouldn't want a ****ing sandwich from the ****ing Cornucopia?

Also, if you were, didn't you have an intermittant interest in isometrics as a legitimate workout regime?

Not me, but I understand that sentiment coming from those who worked there. Not sure I can remember your ass in there. I was doing the evening shifts until close about 3 days a week over the course of 89 - summer 90. Lived over in Goss Grove so I walked there. We did some crazy **** in there. We self implemented 2 for one sammich (anything really) hour to the homies. Had a tv behind the counter. Chew was a big hit. Losers!

Staff didn't know what it had in Hirschman and wanted insurance other than a true freshman who had no D1 offers (Dorman) as our best option if Hansen got hurt. Going into its first spring, they also didn't want only 2 QBs to be throwing all the passes in spring practices. The also knew that the junior class was very light on scholarship count, so adding a JUCO would give them another slot for the 2013 class. It was a calculated gamble. A good decision on a lot of levels, but still one that looks like it isn't going to work out for us.

I'm certainly not saying it wasn't the right move at the time. But in hindsight, if the kid is running behind a true freshman after 1 week of practice, having also had the benefit of spring ball, that's a scholly everyone wishes they had back. Sometimes these things happen. As Embree said, it's not the guys you don't sign, it's the ones you do that don't play or something like that.

Back