What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Practice report

I'm pretty sure the walk on DE, Kevin Cooney, is the son of Mark Cooney who played on the D-Line back in the 70's. Mark was the MVP of the Gator Bowl or something and went on to play a year at Green Bay.

my favorite part:

Is the overall strength of the team now comparable to the teams that Hawkins and strength coach Jeff Pittman fielded at Boise State? "Yes," Hawkins stated. "In fact, Pitt said based off of what we did in the summer this is the strongest team he's had. That is saying something."

I sure hope Harrison spit Obi out after he swallowed him. They do not say.

I hope young Obi gets to learn a lot of those lessons during fall camp so he learns how to beat 'em when it counts.

Heard our o-line has been playing with quite an attitude this summer which is good to hear. Bring it on!!!!!

Like seeing that we also have 3 or 4 walk on O-linemen this year. So with the 7 or 8 signed, and the retuning guys, plus the wlak ons, we are looking better.

Like seeing that we also have 3 or 4 walk on O-linemen this year. So with the 7 or 8 signed, and the retuning guys, plus the wlak ons, we are looking better.

I believe we have something like 15 O-linemen on the team right now. Many are first-year players, but Sau and Miller are men-mountains who already have the size to play the position. I think O-Line is going to be a strength of this team - next year. Right now, it's still too thin at the top.

I believe we have something like 15 O-linemen on the team right now. Many are first-year players, but Sau and Miller are men-mountains who already have the size to play the position. I think O-Line is going to be a strength of this team - next year. Right now, it's still too thin at the top.

In watching Ryan Miller in high school, I felt that he had a lot of work to do on technique. But I'm no expert. Anyone have any opinions about that?

In watching Ryan Miller in high school, I felt that he had a lot of work to do on technique. But I'm no expert. Anyone have any opinions about that?

I never saw him play in high school, but what you're saying would make perfect sense. When you're 6'8" and weigh 300 lbs, you don't need technique in high school. You just need to push the poor son of a bitch in front of you out of the way. D-1 football is a little different, as the poor son of a bitch in front of you might very well be playing in the NFL in another year.

I'm pretty sure the walk on DE, Kevin Cooney, is the son of Mark Cooney who played on the D-Line back in the 70's. Mark was the MVP of the Gator Bowl or something and went on to play a year at Green Bay.

It might very well be that Kevin Cooney is Mark Cooney's son. I'll be interested to find out for sure. It would be great to see him make it. Mark's locker was next to mine in '71 when he was a sophomore. He was a nice guy and welcomed me when I walked on back way back then.

Back