What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Precamp positivity.

it is easy to predict improvement and 4-6 wins. any part-time innerwebz sports "journalist" aspiring to actually have a media credential someday can make that prediction and be in the safe zone. that's why the consensus opinion out there is that we will be improved but still suck overall.

but maybe they are wrong. statistically, they are making a safe bet. but, events land at the far ends of bell curve from time to time. we could be significantly suckier than the pundits suggest or we could be significantly better.

more than once, i've been at a craps table where a shooter has avoided rolling 7-out for dozens of rolls. it happens. the dice have no memory.

every year, someone jumps up and over delivers.

this year, maybe it will be us. don't bother me with the ****ing facts. i'm aware of all the reasons why it is improbable. i also know we are so ****ing overdue for some breaks our way. we've been lap-danced to the edge of almost-goodness and it is time for some payoff.

Go Buffs.

Like that year when Coach Fox ran the table at Minnesota State and kept saying that they weren't as good as their record until finally he was able to accept that sometimes the ball bounces your way and you need to enjoy the ride. We need one of those.

"The facilities are exceeding our wildest expectations, and having a tangible effect on recruiting."

The 1st half of that sentence is correct - where is evidence of the 'tangible effect'. I think we have a good chance to win 4 this year.

You been living under a rock? We just got a commit yesterday who specifically mentioned the facilities.

lets see, AZ had three minions:

nikkkk - it doesn't sound like him, that guy was dumber than spit
idle - in jail for diddling kids
sly - ding ding ding

Thing is, college football have a habit of being good one year before everyone expects them to good.

I'm hoping there's a corollary to that: that CU will be halfway decent one year before everyone expects them to be halfway decent.

How can people NOT be excited at this point. We know the staff can coach X's and O's because they're taking kids who were losing by 45 each game to a team that was leading seven games in the 4th quarter last year.

This gets to how I knew we were about to turn a corner.

Get to 7 wins and the New Mexico Bowl is likely. Road Trip!

Go Buffs! Make it happen Fellas!!

Get to 7 wins and the New Mexico Bowl is likely. Road Trip!

Go Buffs! Make it happen Fellas!!

What you really want is the Las Vegas Bowl. Saturday, December 19th.

Stay through the 23rd for the Las Vegas Classic finals for hoops.

oh, holy ****e. vegas would be epic. after all the pent-up frustration from being a CU football fan, coupled with my natural tendencies when in vegas, we'd tear the roof off the mutha.

That all comes to pass I might have to find a way to Vegas from Barcelona! Although Nik with so much spiked Kool-Aid going around I would have expected you would predict at least a New Years' bowl.

That all comes to pass I might have to find a way to Vegas from Barcelona! Although Nik with so much spiked Kool-Aid going around I would have expected you would predict at least a New Years' bowl.

Take our non-conference schedule and put us in any other division besides the SEC West and I'd be predicting 9-4 this year... which might be a New Year's Day bowl. In the Pac-12 South, I think we win 7.

I think I'm about as positive about the Buffs and their likelihood of getting a lot better this year as just about anyone.

And if I were to vote on the Pac-12 South this year, my vote would have looked like this:

1. USC
2. Arizona State
3. UCLA
4. Arizona
5. Utah
6. Colorado

For the North, I'd go:

1. Stanford
2. Oregon
3. Cal
4. Washington
5. Washington State
6. Oregon State

Overall, I'd put the Buffs 9th in the conference behind Cal and ahead of Washington this season. And Cal only gets that nod because I believe they have the best quarterback in the country. I don't like the rest of their team as much as CU's.
Negative Nancy!!! Booooo!!

I'll put this in this thread because I think it qualifies as a little precamp positivity... Athlon's "Pac-12 Coaches Talk Anonymously About Other Conference Foes"

Pretty much the same stuff we've been hearing. Improved, close to winning 4 more, tough schedule, etc.

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/pac-12-coaches-talk-anonymously-about-conference-foes-2015

Pretty much all the same stuff I thought about Stanford. Not sure why everyone is so high on them.

Problem is I may have spend too much money by then after my 12/4 trip to California. Hotels next to Levi's Stadium are expensive.

Not this year. Name a top QB there.

That wasn't the question. The SEC West is the only division close to the Pac 12 South in terms of parity. Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, MSU, Arkansas, and Texas aTm are all right there with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't the question. The SEC West is the only division close to the Pac 12 South in terms of parity. Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn, LSU, MSU, Arkansas, and Texas aTm are all right there with each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Touche

Back