What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predict the Next Commit - Black Friday Edition

I don’t care, just give me someone. I’m having withdrawals over here.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Everybody stealing my Tyrone Biggums, CU commit fiend, meme.

We have a max of 24 for the 2020 class because Stillwell (TE) was a blueshirt this year who counts against the 2020 class.

Stacks, likewise, will count forward to the 2021 class as a blueshirt.

We're at 22 verbals and 1 signee for the 2020 class right now, with 2 spots probably available for a full class of 25. Could be that everyone doesn't stick, though, so we could see more than 2 new names by the time it is all said and done.

We have a max of 24 for the 2020 class because Stillwell (TE) was a blueshirt this year who counts against the 2020 class.

Stacks, likewise, will count forward to the 2021 class as a blueshirt.

We're at 22 verbals and 1 signee for the 2020 class right now, with 2 spots probably available for a full class of 25. Could be that everyone doesn't stick, though, so we could see more than 2 new names by the time it is all said and done.
How do early enrollees affect the numbers?

How do early enrollees affect the numbers?
I was wondering about that and I'm not sure that it's a thing any more. The early signing day in December might have eliminated that as a thing. Maybe someone else knows for sure, but I haven't heard the usual talk about counting scholarships back ever since the signing day change happened.

I'm not sure if they can or not anymore. Pretty sure we were at the full 25 last year though so being an EE wouldn't be able to count to last year regardless.

The numbers are fluid over the next few weeks. Would be shocked if we signed every single current commit.
Also have to be aware that signing 25 doesn't always mean 25 guys get admitted and show up to fall practice. How much attrition will we have to deal with.

If that is a real concern, we got issues.
It is always easy to get excited about a class on signing day. Attrition is less a concern than a reality. I would gladly bet you a cold one that of the 25 guys signed on LOI day at least one isn't on the team for fall camp.

This is something every program deals with, they may or may not have an idea of who is most at risk.

Sometimes kids don't take care of academics their final semester (senioritis,) some just have second thoughts about leaving home or leaving a girlfriend behind, some have other issues.

I always hope that the full class makes it and that they all become contributors but that rarely happens. Same stuff happens to everyone else as well though so it evens out.

Talking about one player not making it is one thing, but having attrition as a real issue to deal with before they even get to campus would be a disaster. That is not normal.

Back