What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predicted Pac-12 Regular Season Finish

HawaiiBUFF

Club Member
Club Member
I know everyone has been talking about our predicted finish, but what about a complete predicted regular PAC-12 season finish. I know it's a little premature without everyone's complete schedules out, but based on talent left and incoming freshman/transfers what does everyone think?

I think the Pac-12 is going to end up looking like this:
1)Arizona 2)Colorado 3)UCLA 4)Standford 5)Washington 6)Oregon 7)CAL 8)Washington State 9)USC 10)Oregon State 11)Utah 12 ASU

I am also tempted to switch us with UA just because I feel like we are a deeper team than UA. I am also skeptical about UCLA because of their attitudes and their lack ability to mesh well with one another. I think Washington also might fall farther then expected because of their loses in Wooten and Ross. They also were unable to really reload with some new young shooting guards. I feel like Stanford has a solid core and may surprise some people. I really feel like we have a good chance to win the regular season this year around. Everyone else is basically in our wake at the moment.

I can't wait for the season to start, GO BUFFS.

Last edited:
1)Zona
2)UCLA
3)Washington
4)Colorado
5)USC
6)Oregon
7)Cal
8)Stanford
9)ASU
10)OSU
11)WSU

4-8 are going to be very close and could end up in any order really

My completely uninformed guess right now:

1.) Arizona
2.) UCLA
3.) Stanford
4.) Washington
5.) Oregon
6.) Colorado
7.) USC
8.) Cal
9.) Washington State
10.) Oregon State
11.) Arizona State
12.) Utah

And honestly, Washington State and USC could surprise people a bit this year too. The conference isn't back, but it's tougher than last year.

1. UCLA
2. Stanford
3. Colorado
4. Arizona
5. California
6. Oregon
7. Washington
8. USC
9. Washington State
10. Arizona State
11. Oregon State
12. Utah

**** you all! Buffs are #1! **** yeah! First Place Bitches! :gobuffs: :goldcup: :finger2:

OK, I've seen a few people put UCLA at #1. I'm curious why. Is it Shabazz & Anderson? Do you have hope that Josh Smith finally pulls his head out of his ass? Do you think Howland will finally have his water at the exact right temperature? I'm honestly curious because while I like the frosh they have coming in, I think that team just screams "underachievers" to me, and I think they'll be closer to Stanford at #3 than Zona at #1.

1. Arizona
2. Stanford
3. UCLA
4. Washington
5. Colorado - it is gonna take the youngsters time to gel...patience early
6. Oregon
7. Cal
8. USC
9. Washington State
10. Oregon State
11. Arizona State
12. Utah

1. Arizona
2. Stanford
3. UCLA
4. Washington
5. Colorado - it is gonna take the youngsters time to gel...patience early
6. Oregon
7. Cal
8. USC
9. Washington State
10. Oregon State
11. Arizona State
12. Utah

I understand that we have a lot of young talent, but they are very talented. It will take a bit for them to gel together but by the time League play comes around we'll be solid and thats what the order of finish will be determined by, not our non-conference play.

-In repsonse to SECOBuffsFan

I understand OOC doesn't count towards conference standing....I think a young team will struggle on the road just like CU teams have in the past

We will peak by conference tournament...and that is really all that matters as long as we don't throw some dud losses in there, which I don't think we will

I'm also confused by UW in 4th. Didn't they lose two first round picks? It's time to have confidence in Boyle and expecting big things from this team, young or not. Anything less than 25 wins this season will be disappointing.

I have extreme confidence in Boyle....but if you asked him I bet he would say the same thing....learning to win on the road consistently is when this team will become elite...and I believe this year will be the learning curve year

I have extreme confidence in Boyle....but if you asked him I bet he would say the same thing....learning to win on the road consistently is when this team will become elite...and I believe this year will be the learning curve year

Of course he would, he's the coach. Extreme confidence in Boyle and a 5th place finish in a weak PAC 12 don't make sense.

Yep. That's the final step.

1. 'Zona (loads of talent)
2. fUcla (talent, and they'll be playing in Pauley this year)
3. furd (height/length pose problems)
4. CU

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 -- doesn't matter

They have some serious frontline size and are just a bad matchup for Colorado in Washington
We have also seriously upgrade our frontline size with Gordon and Scott. I was not impressed one bit with N'Diaye when I saw him. The transfer from Florida International wasn't impressive either averaging just 2.6 ppg and 2.4 rpg. The transfer from San Fran looks pretty good but overall their big men seem meh.

I feel if we don't win the Pac-12 again this year, it will be very hard to win again. I honestly think we need to win this year, if not the regular season the Tourney. We need multiple wins in the Ncaa Tourney to reach the sweet 16. We get there we will land top notch recruits. With getting to the sweet 16, taddy and the boys and recruit lights out. In order to keep the momentum we need to best last year.

p.s. We also need to beat the **** out of Bailer in the CC.

In the same breath we also could have easily finished 2nd or 3rd (can't remember which one) had we not went on scoreless streaks that lasted forever.

But we didn't, did we? It is there not inconceivable that a Tad Boyle team finish 5th in the Pac 12.

Back