What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prediction Thread- Game 1- Hawaii

Exactly

Hell, i predicted cu wouldn't win another game after hawaii win at home. Not a prediction I wanted to happen. But, phil steele and athlon did call....
And your prediction was extremely unlikely. To lose 4 more games by less than a TD is very unlikely.

And your prediction was extremely unlikely. To lose 4 more games by less than a TD is very unlikely.

And he's set himself up for a season of either not being too upset because what he resigned himself to expect actually happened... or absolute ****ing bliss because the team did so much better that he believed was going to happen. I've done that before and it's not a bad way to approach things when you've been beaten up as a fan for a while. :sneaky:

And he's set himself up for a season of either not being too upset because what he resigned himself to expect actually happened... or absolute ******* bliss because the team did so much better that he believed was going to happen. I've done that before and it's not a bad way to approach things when you've been beaten up as a fan for a while. :sneaky:
amen

To Duff's point here enough with the crusades and name calling this thread is for basic predictions, dont shout people down, dont insult them and dont be a jackass if you are proven right later.

And he's set himself up for a season of either not being too upset because what he resigned himself to expect actually happened... or absolute ******* bliss because the team did so much better that he believed was going to happen. I've done that before and it's not a bad way to approach things when you've been beaten up as a fan for a while. :sneaky:

We may be bad on the road, but we still beat UMass last year who was way better than this Hawaii team. Also I don't actually think we were that bad on the road last year, a 2OT game against Cal, a solid fight against the Pac-12 South champs, and 2 games against teams that would blow us out anywhere, and the year before we lost to Utah by 7 in an extremely tough place to play. Hawaii only ever plays people close because of a 2nd half surge, I don't see Leavitt allowing that sort of thing to happen, although he isn't on the field. Wittek would have to be their savior and we've played much better QBs with much better WRs in the Pac-12. As long as the secondary comes to play (which isn't a sure thing), Hawaii has no chance.

35-21 Buffs

i'm going with CU 38, uh 17, and we dance a happy hula jig after the witching hour. the bourbon will flow like the mighty mississippi, the birds will wake and sing a song of victory, and dancing romanian girls shall reward our celebratory efforts in the traditional way. when the sun arises, we will realize, again, how much we love Colorado Football. heads pounding and limping from over-exertion, many of us will throw on our finest old CU jerseys and drag ourselves to work, where we will proclaim "SO THERE, WORLD! WE ARE BACK!" and the dancing romanian girls shall pleasure us again in the stillness of the afternoon on Friday.

thus, we shall rejoice in our rebirth. bring me whiskey, bring me women, bring me song. let's snort lines off the arses of recently minted naturalized americans. savor it, chil'lun. the world is our oyster. the Buffs are returning to their rightful place. and, somewhere, a fusker will be laid low by the fates in our honor.

these are salad days, my friends. suck the marrow from the victories when they come. the dark days are past.

To Duff's point here enough with the crusades and name calling this thread is for basic predictions, dont shout people down, dont insult them and dont be a jackass if you are proven right later.
That jackass part is going to be hard for me.

23-17 Buffs

Couple drives fall short and settle for FG. But an overall encouraging performance on both sides of the ball for the first game, and being in Hawaii.

I thought this was light-hearted and something that Duff would bump at the end of the year so we could laugh at ourselves and our "expertise"?

WTF, guys. This is why I generally don't make predictions and when I do I almost always go with obviously-ridiculous sunshine in order to goof around with it.

CU 49
UH 42

We will see the offense roll in this one and backups playing early. CU 47- 17

I was about to post that it would be great if it was a blowout and I could go to bed early... but then I quickly realized that I was deluding myself. I'll be up until 2:30 or whenever this thing ends and probably won't need coffee to do it. :D

Big Jim changes tune after slider says W. Hmmmm.

Lost great DL and great DC. Mg await is going to throw picks. We will just control w/ ground game. 8 days from now the game still won't be on yet.

56-10. It's a track meet. Buffs run for over 300 yds. Lindsay and Adkins remind us of Purify and Brown. The new 98 G makes its debut for the buffs.

i'm going with CU 38, uh 17, and we dance a happy hula jig after the witching hour. the bourbon will flow like the mighty mississippi, the birds will wake and sing a song of victory, and dancing romanian girls shall reward our celebratory efforts in the traditional way. when the sun arises, we will realize, again, how much we love Colorado Football. heads pounding and limping from over-exertion, many of us will throw on our finest old CU jerseys and drag ourselves to work, where we will proclaim "SO THERE, WORLD! WE ARE BACK!" and the dancing romanian girls shall pleasure us again in the stillness of the afternoon on Friday.

thus, we shall rejoice in our rebirth. bring me whiskey, bring me women, bring me song. let's snort lines off the arses of recently minted naturalized americans. savor it, chil'lun. the world is our oyster. the Buffs are returning to their rightful place. and, somewhere, a fusker will be laid low by the fates in our honor.

these are salad days, my friends. suck the marrow from the victories when they come. the dark days are past.

A new day is for Colorado Football is here. Rejoice.
apr_10_2010_chs_sunrise.gif

CU 33
UH 24

Odd score because we manage to screw up on STs. Buffs should not have trouble scoring on anyone this season, we did it last year and return almost everyone a year better. Defense is still a big question mark but UH isn't good enough to exploit our weaknesses.

I also wouldn't bet a stale donut on the above until CU proves it can win road games, games at odd starting times, first games of seasons, etc. Everything points to CU turning it around but until it happens it's hoping.

Back