What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions: Quack

i know oregon will probably win by 50 or more, but i am "officially" going to predict the upset, just out of a perverse sense of loyalty and hope:

CU 31
ou 30

in overtime

I originally put this in the "clobbered at home" thread (which is probably what will happen), but because I refuse to predict a loss for my team, and FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION, I give you...

SHOCK THE WORLD! And by that I mean, keep them under 70...

Seriously, the only chance we have to to control the clock by running the ball. Oregon has too much speed to run wide, so it will have to be between the tackles. That makes jives with the tweet from Creer about getting to play. We've got to try and pound the ball between the tackles and then hit some play action off of that.

Oregon knows that it has to win big. In a best case scenario, they have an early turnover or two and we have some success running the ball and controlling the clock. Then Oregon starts to press and make some poor decisons, trying to hit the big play.

I certainly don't expect to win (and I certainly expect to get spanked tomorrow - in the words of Wally, not a eupemism), but if we do, I think it will be:

CU - 24
OU - 23​

+1. It really sucks that Stewart and so many other guys are out. With LaMenace and "Munchies" Thomas both possibly out, the Buffs could've made this game a lot closer than people expect. And don't underestimate the effect of the altitude. Eugene is like 200 feet above sea level, and I think they'll find it a lot tougher tomorrow to run their fast-break offense than usual. Anyway, we're gonna get pounded, but I'll still be there tomorrow cheering like heck for the Buffs. First of all, because they're the Buffs. Secondly, and most importantly, BECAUSE THEY'RE PLAYING THE DUCKS!!! GO BUFFS!!! And I hope Ralphie effing tramples that Disney ripoff of a mascot. :nod: :thumbsup:

I know this is irrelevant because it's not possible, but hypothetically, if all of our starters were healthy-I mean Rippy, Rodney, PRich, I honestly think we could have an outside shot of pulling off one of the upsets of the decade here. Oregon is awesome but they are beatable. They have a bunch of injuries as well. Their style of play could exhaust them at altitude, and since we don't have a deep bench anyway, not being able to switch out defensive players wouldn't affect our game planning as much as other teams. Surely ORegon is coming in here thinking this is going to be one of the easiest games of the year. It is our homecoming game and we are waiting for a signature win-which probably won't happen this year.

So saying all that-if our starters were all healthy, my prediction:
CU 27
UO 24

Current situation with half the team injured (does anyone know if the injury bug has gotten to Ralphie too?)
UO 59
CU 10

Back