What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

The Buffs will be mauled in this one. I heard the O line is not really a concern for the lambs. The guys they brought in are all a very solid 7 feet and are 400 lbs of pure muscle. As a unit the worked as road graders all offseason, so that is not really a weakness. Their qb finished second in preseason heisman voting to their rb, so those are two strengths. The wr unit, while not lights out, helped them beat WSU in a bowl game so they are at least as good as Oregon's unit, so no drop off there. They have some holes on defense, but I heard they run a drill in practice where the safeties are the only 2 defenders against the entire O. They simulate CU's offense and they stuff them every time, just the two of them. So even with a few holes in the D, really they only need the two safeties to effectively stop CU.

I am going to go out on a limb and say we are able to keep it close for about a qtr, and then hopefully they take their foot off of the gas at the end of the game to keep it close. Final score CSU 77 gazillion CU 12.

hello allbluffs, and inthefluff. You asked me to post, so here I am.

Just a quick note, your overconfidence and arrogance will prove to be your undoing, again. Rams own Folsom and soon enough Invesco. And, agreed RMS at invesco sucks.

And you realize that our overconfidence and arrogance means zero as to what happens on the feild, right? (J/K)

Welcome lammie. I think CU wins but hope no injuries and both teams do well. I don't dislike CSU, only ahole CSU fans. Well ahole fans of any team, including CU.

whoa ... I wouldn't go that far

csu does have a senior QB and it's one of only two chances to beat a P5 team this season so they will be way up for the game-

There is no reason for this CU team to overlook anyone. This is a must win for HCMM.

There is no reason for this CU team to overlook anyone. This is a must win for HCMM.

Hawkins didn't get fired on the spot after losing to the lambs at Folsom. Embree did not get fired on the spot for losing to them at SAF. HCMM will not be fired if he should lose to them in 2 weeks. Get over it. A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then, and in this case they find one about 25% of the time. Which is coincidentally as often as we shut them out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the correction, I miscounted my years. Mistakenly counted 2014

CU has NEVER been this bad, well maybe during the Fairbanks era. CSU has ALWAYS been this level of mediocre except for that brief period of time under Lubick. There is a difference.

on this we agree, cu is really bad.

Pac-12 level of suck is much different than MWC level of suck. Regardless of how bad the team is, they are still better than CSU and I know that is what bothers all of you over that at lambnation.

We gotta have better smack then who sucks the least. Hopefully we're both making inroads there (that's the nicest thing I'm gonna say).

We gotta have better smack then who sucks the least. Hopefully we're both making inroads there (that's the nicest thing I'm gonna say).

I agree. I cant wait to move this game back on campus and watch a game in that new stadium of yours. When will that be completed?

I agree. I cant wait to move this game back on campus and watch a game in that new stadium of yours. When will that be completed?

We can just play the game for a few years at Folsom since our renovations will be done, until they finish building it. How close are you to that $110M goal? $25M?

About the new stadium, I know you all believe we're delusional. But, IMO, we are too invested in this not to move forward. I trust Tony Frank has a plan. Hopefully still by 2017, but?

I'll bite. Both fan bases have some reasons to be optimistic, it just depends on your perspective.

From a CSU fan's pov: we got better as the season progressed, the players have another year in the system, jmac is getting better and more comfortable at being a head coach, Grayson looks decent so our qb play shouldn't be as anemic as it's been in the last few RMS games, even though we acknowledge that Washington State gave us the win we were still competitive with a team that probably would have beaten CU last year (I realize you beat them the year before), we won 8 games and even if the competition wasn't great just winning is a positive step, CU just isn't very good and isn't scary.

What CSU fans try to forget: we didn't beat anyone last year with a winning record and weren't really competitive in our loses to half decent teams, we might have been the sorriest 8 win team in the country, we lost to CU and couldn't move the ball, we looked even worse in a loss to Tulsa, we lost a guy who scored 31 TDs - who will replace that production?, the Oline is unproven and might be worse than we are imagining them to be - especially early, history, Grayson might have been decent and broke records but he never looked dominant, we've been a slow starting team the past few seasons - could be partially due to how the schedule works out.

From a CU fan's perspective: you beat CSU by a decent margin last year, how can CSU not be worse with the personnel they lost?, CU will be better with another year under MMac, MMac doesn't lose to JMac, CSU gets worse recruits and is less talented, history.

What CU fans forget: CSU really did get better as the season went on and was definitely a better team at the end of the season compared to game 1, CU would have probably been blown out by Washington State, the degree to which CU recruits are more highly touted and more talented isn't as significant as you'd hope (not saying it doesn't exist though), CSU probably has the better QB (at this point in time), CSU probably has better special teams, this series has been closer lately than history would indicate.

Truthfully, this is a game between two bad to mediocre teams and no one really knows where along that scale they will be. It will be interesting to see if one or both of the teams takes a step forward. I'm expecting a close game and either team winning won't surprise me. Good luck the rest of the way, the state could sure use some college football success.

I tend to think there isn't much different between these two teams right now. I think this game will tell us something about our respective coaches.

About the new stadium, I know you all believe we're delusional. But, IMO, we are too invested in this not to move forward. I trust Tony Frank has a plan. Hopefully still by 2017, but?

That's the thing, based on the fundraising numbers we're hearing it sounds like you're really NOT all that invested.

Ramfan is far too reasonable for this thread! Good luck and enjoy the game. The other guy really isn't getting it yet.

^So apparently there are at least two CSU fans that aren't full on stupid. Welcome ramfan.

Most of them are more like Ramfan. One of the reasons for Ramnation's lack of popularity is some of the loud, belligerent idots who have brought their act to AllBuffs.

Honestly, I looked through some threads over there following the Graham news. Most of them were normal and trying to respond in a reasonable way. They get drowned out by the idot fanboys and a couple on there that almost have to be AD plants who made "spin doctor" posts that were similar to some things we ran some people off this board for when a noob showed up and tried to pull that.

Great, now we can't even hate our "rival". CSU truly is a little brother. You get pissed at him, you say things to him and him to you that you both don't mean and at the end of the day you hug and share a beer together. Cumbya.

That's the thing, based on the fundraising numbers we're hearing it sounds like you're really NOT all that invested.
I think what he meant is too much energy, hype, and money has been put into the planning and design stages of the stadium. To not go forward with it now would be viewed as a waste of the money already spent and a huge let down. It's clear that CSU won't raise enough money to meet their self imposed requirement. Tony Frank's recent comments seem to indicate he will either try to get fancy with financing options and do the stadium as planned or build something cheaper. I think the latter option is most likely. The alternative to building a new stadium is to use the general fund to complete a large amount of basic maintenance at Hughes. If you can build a new stadium, any stadium, on campus and without using tuition to do so that's the direction I think they will go.

I don't post and don't really look on Ram Nation due to the horrendous format. I don't think that needs further explanation.

I think what he meant is too much energy, hype, and money has been put into the planning and design stages of the stadium. To not go forward with it now would be viewed as a waste of the money already spent and a huge let down. It's clear that CSU won't raise enough money to meet their self imposed requirement. Tony Frank's recent comments seem to indicate he will either try to get fancy with financing options and do the stadium as planned or build something cheaper. I think the latter option is most likely. The alternative to building a new stadium is to use the general fund to complete a large amount of basic maintenance at Hughes. If you can build a new stadium, any stadium, on campus and without using tuition to do so that's the direction I think they will go.

I don't post and don't really look on Ram Nation due to the horrendous format. I don't think that needs further explanation.

Those are sunk costs. Throwing good money after bad usually doesn't work out, unless the majority of folks really feel you're headed down the right track with this endeavor which is a different debate. It would take a lot of guts to change course now, but if it's the right move your better off than being financially strapped for years to come. I believe this is a major reason for the Graham firing...it's easier for the next guy to make the case his predecessor screwed up than it would have been for Graham to change course after all his bluster.

How is there not much difference?

I think our team has more potential and probably more talent, but most of it is younger. I don't think that bodes well for game 1. I suspect we'll need some time to come together. CSU is replacing a lot of starters, but they are doing it with seniors and juniors who have been in the program for some time. While they may not be as talented they will likely be competent and know their assignments.

Ramnation has a sticky that says that the site is moving to a new format, but gives no timetable. Don't tease me, ramnation. I hope it's better than the "new" netbuffs, which recently upgraded but still has the same post-tree idiotic format that makes it impossible to follow or sustain a conversation.

Back