What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Preseason Coaches Poll

Disagree with you on Texas, and I think Oklahoma is overrated. I need to see Hurts in that offense before I buy them this year. The Nubs (as usual) are also overrated.

Texas overachieved last year by winning several close games. Tougher schedule in 2019 means they finish closer to 20 than 10.

Stanford with only 9 returning starters and a tough ass schedule seems underrated?

Not many returning starters, but still a veteran team overall. The schedule is tough, but it is actually a pretty favorable home schedule.

Tennessee could win 8 or 9 easily-They play BYU at home and three cupcakes in the OOC. They get the bulk of their swing games (South Carolina and Mississippi State) at home.
I wouldn't say easily. I think they will win 6 maybe 7, but certainly not against anyone that is worthy getting them votes in the rankings

I'm high on both Florida and Texas this year.

Funny thing with Wazzu is that it looks like the coaches decided to stop getting bitten by underrating Leach teams in the preseason after annually proving them wrong. Media hasn't caught up based on where they were put in the Pac-12 media day poll.

Texas overachieved last year by winning several close games. Tougher schedule in 2019 means they finish closer to 20 than 10.

Not many returning starters, but still a veteran team overall. The schedule is tough, but it is actually a pretty favorable home schedule.
I guess I could get behind that if they were a little better last year. They cvould be pretty beaten up by week 7 and drop some games they shouln't down the stretch.

Every PAC-12 team receiving votes is on the CU schedule. Plus Nebraska at #26.

That’s 9 of the 12 teams on our schedule with votes. CU not receiving any. Air Force, CSU, and Arizona also did not receive votes.

Interesting, even though the poll is meaningless right now.
That explains the offseason predictions of CU having one of the toughest schedules in the nation and that it won't result in many wins.

I've gotta say, there's something I like about being dismissed going into a season where I know that the team has a lot of reason for confidence.

Curious as to how much of a step forward TAMU take with that schedule.

Gator fans really think they are back.

If LSU stumble and Coach O gets fired watch for Hugh Freeze to find his way back to the SEC....dude is getting borderline 4 stars to commit to Liberty!!

I don't live too far from West Point and enjoy going up there for a game. Especially if you have kids, it's great. But man that is a boring ass home schedule for Army this year. Terrible. Not one game of any remote interest for me. Sorry if that is off topic!

Curious as to how much of a step forward TAMU take with that schedule.

Gator fans really think they are back.

If LSU stumble and Coach O gets fired watch for Hugh Freeze to find his way back to the SEC....dude is getting borderline 4 stars to commit to Liberty!!

I don't live too far from West Point and enjoy going up there for a game. Especially if you have kids, it's great. But man that is a boring ass home schedule for Army this year. Terrible. Not one game of any remote interest for me. Sorry if that is off topic!

I want Ol' Danny Hugh to stay there long enough to take them to the Grove in 2021 lol

Oregon might be overrated based on what their final ranking is going to be but that's because their schedule is absolutely nuts. Auburn in Texas, @UW, @SU, @USC, @ASU. Meanwhile UW is @BYU, @SU, @OS, @UA, @CU. Flip those schedules and what happens?

Oregon might be overrated based on what their final ranking is going to be but that's because their schedule is absolutely nuts. Auburn in Texas, @UW, @SU, @USC, @ASU. Meanwhile UW is @BYU, @SU, @OS, @UA, @CU. Flip those schedules and what happens?
Except Oregon Sucks

Washington had a similar schedule in 2018 and won the conference.

I'm not quite as high on Georgia as most everyone else is. Yes they have Fromm, a great OL, and a talented set of RB's but they lose their top 5 receivers and both coordinators. They'll likely roll into November undefeated but the schedule gets much tougher at that point and the winner of the East is likely to come down to whoever wins the cocktail party. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Florida win that division.

I think ND takes a big drop this year with that schedule. I'm saying 8-4 for them.

I'm not quite as high on Georgia as most everyone else is. Yes they have Fromm, a great OL, and a talented set of RB's but they lose their top 5 receivers and both coordinators. They'll likely roll into November undefeated but the schedule gets much tougher at that point and the winner of the East is likely to come down to whoever wins the cocktail party. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see Florida win that division.

I think ND takes a big drop this year with that schedule. I'm saying 8-4 for them.
Like with Clemson last year, the talent of the last 2 recruiting classes is so ridiculously high at UGA that if they can get through the first couple months then I'd expect them to get so much better with experience that it's going to be really hard for anyone to beat them.

Like with Clemson last year, the talent of the last 2 recruiting classes is so ridiculously high at UGA that if they can get through the first couple months then I'd expect them to get so much better with experience that it's going to be really hard for anyone to beat them.

They're in the same situation as LSU-Eventually, Smart will be judged on whether or not he can beat the GOAT at Alabama.

True, and it helps that their toughest games aren't until November when the younger guys have that experience.

Back