What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Preseason National Predictions

Hey guys...I've been lurking here for a few weeks. I'm a Clemson grad who moved to Colorado last year. I've had a lifelong connection with Denver and I've always had a soft-spot for the Buffs, so, since I'm living here, I'm paying attention to some message boards so I can know what to expect this upcoming year.

I didn't intend my first post to be non-Colorado related, but how in the world is Miami getting multiple votes to win the ACC?
I tried to tell people lol. Family friends with Ricts college roommate at Miami and it's definitely not this year.

I tried to tell people lol. Family friends with Ricts college roommate at Miami and it's definitely not this year.
Yea, I think we'll see a lot of improvement with Kaaya due to Richt's ability to coach up QBs, and they've also recruited well despite lack of on-field success...but I think their ceiling this year is probably #4 behind FSU, Clemson & Louisville (who could be a big surprise nationally).

Hey guys...I've been lurking here for a few weeks. I'm a Clemson grad who moved to Colorado last year. I've had a lifelong connection with Denver and I've always had a soft-spot for the Buffs, so, since I'm living here, I'm paying attention to some message boards so I can know what to expect this upcoming year.

I didn't intend my first post to be non-Colorado related, but how in the world is Miami getting multiple votes to win the ACC?

For me it was only because I thought it would be boring to pick Clemson. Plus, they don't play you guys or Louisville and get FSU at home.

For me it was only because I thought it would be boring to pick Clemson. Plus, they don't play you guys or Louisville and get FSU at home.
It's not boring to pick Clemson! It's fun! It's very, very fun! :)
All that is true, but I think the whole ACC Coastal is going to be filled with trip-up games. North Carolina, Pitt, @ Va Tech, @ Notre Dame. I just don't see them doing enough. Either way, thanks for explaining!

My list isn't too exciting:
SEC: Alabama
B1G: Ohio State
ACC: Clemson/Florida State
PAC12: Stanford
Big XII: Oklahoma

Shocked at the Michigan State selections. There's a reason their over/under on wins this year is 8.5 compared to 10 for Michigan and 11 for Ohio State.

They lost a ton of starters and unlike OSU, don't have a bunch of 4/5 stars ready to immediately fill the void and contribute at a high level. At least not a high enough level to compete with OSU or Michigan this year.

It's a two horse race in the Big Ten this year.

UNCheat has the potential to put up a pretty gaudy record. Makes me sick. Although the Coastal is usually a muddled mess. This is Clemson's ACC unless FSU pulls another QB surprise.

Leash, as for UVA, I'm as jaded as they come to the point where I don't think I carry much (if any) bias anymore for football. I would be stunned if they only managed 2-10. Don't expect any immediate Mendenhall magic as his changes from London have been drastic to say the least, but they weren't getting drilled in games under London. For the most part, they were losing close games due to him being inept. Mendenhall - for all his weirdness - has a knack for winning the close ones. They also seem to have found themselves a decent QB. I could see them even sitting at 4 wins by Oct. 1 without getting too carried away. At a minimum with an FCS opponent, UConn, Central Michigan (decent, but not the MAC's top tier), Wake Forest, Duke with a QB mess and a Louisville squad whose number they have, 2-10 would be a disaster. Not like the remaining dwindling fans around here aren't used to disaster, though.

UNCheat has the potential to put up a pretty gaudy record. Makes me sick. Although the Coastal is usually a muddled mess. This is Clemson's ACC unless FSU pulls another QB surprise.

Leash, as for UVA, I'm as jaded as they come to the point where I don't think I carry much (if any) bias anymore for football. I would be stunned if they only managed 2-10. Don't expect any immediate Mendenhall magic as his changes from London have been drastic to say the least, but they weren't getting drilled in games under London. For the most part, they were losing close games due to him being inept. Mendenhall - for all his weirdness - has a knack for winning the close ones. They also seem to have found themselves a decent QB. I could see them even sitting at 4 wins by Oct. 1 without getting too carried away. At a minimum with an FCS opponent, UConn, Central Michigan (decent, but not the MAC's top tier), Wake Forest, Duke with a QB mess and a Louisville squad whose number they have, 2-10 would be a disaster. Not like the remaining dwindling fans around here aren't used to disaster, though.

Yea there's quite a bit of hype about UNCheat but I still don't think they beat UGA on Saturday.

I think Feldman had a bold prediction that fedora would be the head coach at Baylor after this season. I know it's a basketball school but why in gods name would be leave UNC, on a roll, for that situation.?

i'm focused on the Buffs winning the p12 and then the national championship. i'm also focused on world peace and mixing the perfect manhattan.

Back