What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Press Conference

Gotta disagree - if I'm Polk's backup I hate Jon Embree even after hearing the context. He's not a good enough coach to be throwing players under the bus.

Did you happen to play football. The things my coach said to me were mean. And I wasn't even that bad. :lol:

Well, I would hope our players aren't so sensitive.

College kids are sensitive because they are kids. If they are collecting a paycheck then you get to be critical of them in the media, but singling a guy (underclassman to boot) is just not cool. I hope the kids don't take it as personally as me either, but man, I'm just getting tired of every day being amateur hour in Boulder.

Did you happen to play football. The things my coach said to me were mean. And I wasn't even that bad. :lol:

Definitely - but I think there is a difference between having a coach who you trust lay into you in the proper setting vs. being called out in the media unfairly. JMO.

Definitely - but I think there is a difference between having a coach who you trust lay into you in the proper setting vs. being called out in the media unfairly. JMO.

True. There was never any reporters or much less my mom to hear what he said.

College kids are sensitive because they are kids. If they are collecting a paycheck then you get to be critical of them in the media, but singling a guy (underclassman to boot) is just not cool. I hope the kids don't take it as personally as me either, but man, I'm just getting tired of every day being amateur hour in Boulder.

I think you are way over the top in your criticism. He did not single anyone out, he is basically saying they miss Polk's leadership on defense...coaches across the country say this stuff every week. There is enough issues to criticize without manufacturing items.

Gotta disagree - if I'm Polk's backup I hate Jon Embree even after hearing the context. He's not a good enough coach to be throwing players under the bus.

I hope you're not his backup. Guy is playing football, and if it doesn't make him work his ass off then he doesn't have what it takes

I think you are way over the top in your criticism. He did not single anyone out, he is basically saying they miss Polk's leadership on defense...coaches across the country say this stuff every week. There is enough issues to criticize without manufacturing items.

In a vacuum I may agree with you. But OUR coach hasn't done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt, especially after he threw the team under the bus after the Cal game last year. I'm taking into account his entire body of work, including a bunch of overly emotional stinker press conferences.

Am I being too critical? Probably. But I am annoyed by just about everything this team does at the moment.

In a vacuum I may agree with you. But OUR coach hasn't done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt, especially after he threw the team under the bus after the Cal game last year. I'm taking into account his entire body of work, including a bunch of overly emotional stinker press conferences.

Am I being too critical? Probably. But I am annoyed by just about everything this team does at the moment.

Hey as long as the player tries hard, that's enough right? Productivity be damned.

These guys get a free education and all the perks of being a college athlete (cleat chasers most importantly, free gear, travel all around the country). They're not above criticism. stfu

Hey as long as the player tries hard, that's enough right? Productivity be damned.

These guys get a free education and all the perks of being a college athlete (cleat chasers most importantly, free gear, travel all around the country). They're not above criticism. stfu

Neither is our ****ing under-qualified, overly emotional coach.

Some people see this as a challenge and respond with better effort.

And he has no problem passing along the blame to his players.

His staff have taken a lot of blame and didn't direct it to the players, nor do I think they were passing the blame onto Mosley or Orms or Smith, but were rather just saying how important Polk is to the team on defense.

Man, what a pussy. Have you seen our secondary play this year? They need help and experience, badly. Embree's comments were totally in line and justified. We are in trouble in this country with attitudes like what is represented in the quote above.

Man, what a pussy. Have you seen our secondary play this year? They need help and experience, badly. Embree's comments were totally in line and justified. We are in trouble in this country with attitudes like what is represented in the quote above.
Thank you for saying what I wanted to say.

The backup to Polk was not expected to communicate to the other players, get them into the right positions, and cover for them if they didn't go to the right place. The backup was expected to play his individual position <<full stop>>.

NOTHING in Embry's comments could be taken to imply that the backup did not do his job. Unless you're a thin skinned internet poster who looks for places to find offense, that is.

If anything, Embry's comments were a challenge to the rest of the defense, for one of them to step up and become the leader on the field.

I like Embree, but I don't agree with using Polk's absence as an excuse for losing to CSU. As far as I'm concerned, there's no excuse whatsoever for the losses to CSU and Sac State. Period. Also, losing to Fresno State on the road may have been ok if we'd played well and lost a close one, but we were awful. Having said all that, the team looked considerably better against WSU (and UCLA until Hobbs fumbled the ball after which it was a blowout).

Back