What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Preview – Washington State

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

Preview – Washington State
It’s been a long time since I’ve been able to use the transitive property of equality. Like say 40 years.
But let’s give it a try …
Washington State destroyed UNLV at home, 59-7.
Back home in Las Vegas, UNLV took out its frustrations on Hawai’i, 40-20.
This after Hawai’i opened the season on the islands with a dominating win over Colorado, 34-17.
So, it’s real easy – WSU > UNLV; UNLV > Hawai’i; Hawai’i > Colorado.* Therefore, Washington State > Colorado … and by a wide margin.
Thing is, college football doesn’t really work that way.
Which is why we have this week’s “T.I.P.S.” …
T – Talent
Senior Washington State*quarterback Marshall Lobbestael didn’t have much to look forward to this fall. Junior Jeff Tuel had been tabbed as*the starter*for the Cougars for the 2011 season. Lobbestael, who had 19 career games under his belt (including six starts), was relegated to clipboard duty, with playing time only in mop up victories (few and far between in Pullman) and blowout losses.
That plan didn’t last long.
Jeff Tuel went out with a fractured clavical early in the opener against Idaho State, putting Lobbestael back onto the field.
All the senior has done since then is impress.
In three games, Lobbestael has thrown for 959 yards and ten touchdowns (with only two interceptions). Lobbestael has completed 62.4% of his passes, and has a passing efficiency rating of 180.2, tops in the Pac-12.
When Lobbestael drops back to pass, he has a number of options. In each of the first two games (blowout victories over Idaho State and UNLV), 11 different receivers caught passes, with no receiver grabbing more than five in a game.
Lobbestael’s favorite target, though, is sophomore wide receiver Marquess Wilson. Remember Paul Richardson’s performance against California – 11 catches for a record-setting 284 yards? Wilson is Richardson’s equal. Against San Diego State, Wilson had six catches for 236 yards and two touchdowns (including an 80-yarder on the first play of the game). “Their receiver, No. 86 (Wilson), is a real good player, he reminds me a little bit of our guy, 6 (sophomore wide receiver Paul Richardson)”, said Colorado head coach Jon Embree earlier this week.

Wilson is not Lobbestael’s only target. “They have some other guys they go to with the ball,” said Embree. “84 (senior wide receiver Jared Karstetter, who is 6’4

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back