What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PRich playing this fall?

You guys would be better off red shirting him this year. Playing him and risking it especially the first game of the season just isn't worth it. Especially since according to you guys its a guaranteed win for CU

Only person ive ever seen tear it and play the same year was Rod Woodson. Matter of fact, I dont know that anyone else ever has.

But there are plenty of people who tear an ACL in early spring and play sept or oct. Not everyone does but its possible.

The last guy to return from knee surgery at CU and be even remotely close to previous form was....... ______________ n/a

I wish the best for PRich.

This is a major injury and it would benefit him to not rush it.

Big difference from running in a straight line to cutting and running routes.

Would love to see him play this year, but I'm not sure if it's realistic or not...

You guys would be better off red shirting him this year. Playing him and risking it especially the first game of the season just isn't worth it. Especially since according to you guys its a guaranteed win for CU

I agree. We'll be fine with our 2nd and 3rd string WR's against CSU.

Vic Lombardi

Good news for CU football fans. Paul Richardson thinks he'll play this season. You'll hear him talk about it on CBS4 at 6.

I am not sure if anyone else in this thread has suggested this but I am hopeful he actually does play this year, if he is truly health, even if it is for only a few games. Here is why:

1.) He is our most explosive player and perhaps our only hope of winning some of the tough games we have towards the end of our schedule
2.) I think he may only play one more full season for us anyway b/c I sense he would like to move on to the NFL sooner rather than later; thus...
3.) Even if he redshirted this year I still don't think we'd get him for 2 more years after this year anyway. If he plays well but not like Heisman caliber in a handful of games at the end of the season it probably won't be enough to get his draft status to where he'd want it to be, so he would likely still have one more full year with us.

Anyway, it is a theory and I am sticking with it because I'd love to see him on the field this year.

The guy seems to be the most motivated player on the team. If he is cleared he will play. I hope that decision is a medical one and not a "political" one.

I was plesently surprised at Coaches comment regarding P-Rich at P-12 Conference presser.

Embree on Paul Richardson: "I'm a lot more optimistic than I was before. He's been progressing very rapidly. As he does more football movements, we'll have a better feel for if and when he'll be available. I don't think it's something that's out of the question."

Even if he is at 90% PRich could make a huge difference to this offense. Having a guy who is a threat to score on any given play and can force the defense to respect the deep ball and play back could change how the entire offense works.

We can hope that one of the young guys steps up but right now PRich is the only guy we have who has shown he can demand attention from the defense.

Unless P-rich is back to 100% (or close) by the time conference play begins, I'd rather let him preserve the year and redshirt. He's by far our best WR, but I'd hate to see him burn a redshirt for only a few games (or worse, re-injure his knee).

Embree wants to win now. I could see him playing PRich if there's 5 games left (assuming we're still in the bowl hunt).

Last edited:
Embree wants to win now. I could see him playing PRich if there's 5 games left (assuming we're still in the bowl hunt).

The good news is they won't have to rush to decide. Give him the non-conference games as bench time for additional healing and to see what or young guys can do. From there see how the W-L totals stack up and go game to game based on his health and what it is going to take to make a bowl eligible record possible. There are lots of factors at play here, but barring a complete disaster and a 1-4 or 0-4 start I think there needs to be consideration of using him just to keep the momentum from stalling out. On the flip side - if any of our young receivers show signs of shocking the world with fast development and can keep the momentum going with a 4-5 win season w/o Prich...... I would drool at the idea of PRich coming back with a year's rest and as part of a duo...

The good news is they won't have to rush to decide. Give him the non-conference games as bench time for additional healing and to see what or young guys can do. From there see how the W-L totals stack up and go game to game based on his health and what it is going to take to make a bowl eligible record possible. There are lots of factors at play here, but barring a complete disaster and a 1-4 or 0-4 start I think there needs to be consideration of using him just to keep the momentum from stalling out. On the flip side - if any of our young receivers show signs of shocking the world with fast development and can keep the momentum going with a 4-5 win season w/o Prich...... I would drool at the idea of PRich coming back with a year's rest and as part of a duo...

Talented duo of receivers and a QB with a full year of starting experience in our system under his belt. (Either of the 4 that will be competing will likely be the starter the following year as well.)

Back