What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pro Track and Field Buffs- 2018 outdoor season news and highlights

Emma Coburn ends up 4th in 9:06.XX. Solid finish to her steepling season. (She's got at least one other "flat" race I know about left this year.)

Not a big deal, but she does restore the hierarchy among Americans, as Courtney Frerichs, who beat Ms. Coburn for the 1st time after 13 straight defeast last time out and set the U.S. record, finishes 6th. (The discussion by running fans for both going into this race was whether one or both might become the 1st American(s) under the 9 minute mark, but that obviously didn't happen today.)

Jenny Simpson's race just completed. She did NOT have it today, and finishes in 10th. Hope she is healthy. (She was looking OK in the 1st chase group til around the gun lap, but then it was obvious on the back stretch of the final lap she was going backwards quickly compared to the field, which NEVER seems to happen.)

Actually, time wasn't horrible (4:04.57), but not nearly good enough to compete.

Wanted to mention what I believe is the final major races of the year for many pros is tomorrow, the New Balance 5th Avenue Mile, and is being televised from 10:00 AM-11:00 AM MT on NBC. (Unlike most races for the Buff track stars, this is a road race going (I believe) straight down 5th Avenue in New York, so has quite a different feel to the more common races going around a 400M track.)

Looking at an entry list/ preview article from a couple weeks or so ago (https://nyrr.org/media-center/press...balance-5th-avenue-mile-on-sunday-september-9), looks like the women's field may include FOUR #ForeverBuffs- Jenny Simpson, Emma Coburn, Sara Sutherland and Sara Vaughn.

Ms. Simpson has already won this race more than any other person (male or female), and is going for her SEVENTH championship (and I believe sixth in a row).

Believe the women's pro mile is scheduled to start at 10:10 AM MT (12:10 PM local New York/ Eastern Time), with the men's at 10:45 AM MT.

Back