What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prognosis for Rest of the Year?

Today isn't really a loss we can write off and say "oh, they just didn't have the talent or depth - valiant effort though!". It's fair to compare this game to the last few years because it's the same problem - this team doesn't know how to win. This is a game that should have been won. They played better, but the 'real' proof of improvement this week would have been stepping up and putting this game away while up 27-23 or in OT.

We should take care of CSU, but should we build a decent lead, our lack of a running game is going to give them chances to get back in it. It's nice that Hansen was able to put up the yards he did today, but our lack of a running game is truly frightening. I didn't think we'd be the "smash mouth" team that some thought, just because our OL has been so horrendous for years, but for it to be as ineffective as it has been is truly surprising. Is Tony Jones really this bad? I thought everyone was raving about him in fall camp

Yeah where the **** is Tony Jones? And even B-lock, why not give him a touch or two? What happened to him, he played a decent amount as a freshman and now doesn't see the field as a senior?

Today isn't really a loss we can write off and say "oh, they just didn't have the talent or depth - valiant effort though!". It's fair to compare this game to the last few years because it's the same problem - this team doesn't know how to win.

And that's something that's probably not going to change for a while. That kind of killer instinct can't come from the coaches, the players have to have it. I do think coaches can take it out of players, though. And we're seeing what happens when they do.

One thing I do know, if anybody is going to bust their asses trying to establish that kind of environment in this program, it is Embree and EB....

mmm. I picked 6 before the season. after hawaii I felt we would win 4 (it was bad, very bad). I'm gonna stick with 4. I really love seeing the team get better week to week. And these coaches are learning a lot too.

I mean, do you think EB ever thought he would have a QB and WR break the all time CU single game receiving records in his 2d game as a coordinator? :lol: These guys are learning about their team, and exploiting what they learn.

Coaches that get better... I'm still digesting that and the thought of not groaning when the FG kicker comes on the field.

I know I am in the minority, but not sold on embree. He has been outcoached twice

prich is the reason we outgained them. A few examples

overtime was awful for us in terms of play selection, the continued dives were painful.
the drive leading to overtime got bad, in fact our red zone offense was terrible, we still don't involve the te or fb enough
ours cb's haven't been coached to play the ball properly
and the amount of penalties is staggering

I don't see how you can coach better than the other guy and lose, it doesn't make sense.

prich is the reason we outgained them. A few examples

overtime was awful for us in terms of play selection, the continued dives were painful.
the drive leading to overtime got bad, in fact our red zone offense was terrible, we still don't involve the te or fb enough
ours cb's haven't been coached to play the ball properly
and the amount of penalties is staggering

I don't see how you can coach better than the other guy and lose, it doesn't make sense.
eh, Tyler couldn't move anymore... play selection was limited.

And that's something that's probably not going to change for a while. That kind of killer instinct can't come from the coaches, the players have to have it. I do think coaches can take it out of players, though. And we're seeing what happens when they do.

One thing I do know, if anybody is going to bust their asses trying to establish that kind of environment in this program, it is Embree and EB....

It'll definitely take a while to cement a change in culture to where CU is nearly always winning these types of games, but I think we're going to see positive steps in the culture change this season. Beating Arizona and then turning around and getting a win at UCLA would signal a huge step in the right direction.

I thought before the season we could get 6 wins and 7 if we got lucky. Now think we get 4 and may be 5 if we can steal one of these: ASU, Utah, Oregon, USC, UW. still think we beat CSU, Arizona, WSU, UCLA. I know I left Stanford off the list and that is one I do not think we can win.

Ohio State held on in the last minute at home today to beat Toledo.

I can tell you who I think did a better coaching job in that one...

that sounds like an excuse to me, you learned a lot the last few years under coach sunshine.
noice. Well genius, you do realize that in this chess match, one dude had more talent than the other. Sometimes, the horses are what matters.

noice. Well genius, you do realize that in this chess match, one dude had more talent than the other. Sometimes, the horses are what matters.

don't tell that to rice, their ****** horses still think they won.

Hirschmans first real game experience in OT? If Hansen is able to throw, I think they made the right choice.

guys we lost in ot because our qb was cramping and couldn't run the offense, but you don't want to put in nick to even give it a shot? Hawk has turned us into bitches who are too scared to try and win. I'm not sure if playing nick is the right answer but sure as hell know playing Hansen wasn't. The scoreboard proves that.

guys we lost in ot because our qb was cramping and couldn't run the offense, but you don't want to put in nick to even give it a shot? Hawk has turned us into bitches who are too scared to try and win. I'm not sure if playing nick is the right answer but sure as hell know playing Hansen wasn't. The scoreboard proves that.
Says the guy who quit cheering.

:nod: Fire Embree

Back