What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prognosis for Rest of the Year?

guys we lost in ot because our qb was cramping and couldn't run the offense, but you don't want to put in nick to even give it a shot? Hawk has turned us into bitches who are too scared to try and win. I'm not sure if playing nick is the right answer but sure as hell know playing Hansen wasn't. The scoreboard proves that.
Because throwing a brand new QB into the fire in OT is a fantastic idea.

yup playing injured players is better you always win 65% of the time.
Anchorman-1-511V10AYL2-1024x768.jpg

yup playing injured players is better you always win 65% of the time.

A cramp is not an injury. He's a senior and a captain - drink some gatorade, stretch it out, and get the f**k back out on the field. Putting in your backup, who is cold and has never taken a D1 snap, in overtime is ridiculous.

A cramp is not an injury. He's a senior and a captain - drink some gatorade, stretch it out, and get the f**k back out on the field. Putting in your backup, who is cold and has never taken a D1 snap, in overtime is ridiculous.
:nod:. Unless you're Tante and think that is a winning strategy. Maybe Hirschman wins us the game (unlikely), maybe he does... still the wrong decision, just a lucky one.

I am not a big fan of the fact that a bunch of you guys are writing off the rest of the season because we lost to Cal. We put up 600 yards of offense on Cal.... Which is basically a middle upper level team in the PAC12 talent wise. This team has a chance to win a hell of a lot more than 2 games as some of you are saying. This team competed today and statistically blew Cal out. They have a chance to beat EVERY SINGLE TEAM on the schedule if they put up these kinda numbers. Realistically is that gonna happen.... probably not. I think Oregon and Stanford are gonna be really hard to win. BUT I hate the attitude from some fans that they expect us to lose 7-9 more games. That is the kinda attitude I expect from a CSU fan.. not from our fans. I understand trying to realistically guess what we might win.... but saying 2 wins basically means to me you didn't see the game today, understand statistics, understand football or are too stupid to see the MASSIVE improvement made in only one week. Get behind your boys and coaches and stop expecting 2 win seasons.

I am not a big fan of the fact that a bunch of you guys are writing off the rest of the season because we lost to Cal. We put up 600 yards of offense on Cal.... Which is basically a middle upper level team in the PAC12 talent wise. This team has a chance to win a hell of a lot more than 2 games as some of you are saying. This team competed today and statistically blew Cal out. They have a chance to beat EVERY SINGLE TEAM on the schedule if they put up these kinda numbers. Realistically is that gonna happen.... probably not. I think Oregon and Stanford are gonna be really hard to win. BUT I hate the attitude from some fans that they expect us to lose 7-9 more games. That is the kinda attitude I expect from a CSU fan.. not from our fans. I understand trying to realistically guess what we might win.... but saying 2 wins basically means to me you didn't see the game today, understand statistics, understand football or are too stupid to see the MASSIVE improvement made in only one week. Get behind your boys and coaches and stop expecting 2 win seasons.

Agreed. We honestly still have a chance at finishing 2-2 after watching Ohio St. play Toledo. I'm not sure they are that much better than Cal. USC also looked weak against Minnesota earlier on. I am checking down losses to Oregon and Stanford but I think we have a moderately fair shot in the rest of the games.

If we keep improving week to week as we did from 1-2 between now and OSU, the suckeyes better watch out. I think 5 is likely but 6 wins is doable. Probably won't go bowling this season. But I am very excited with the play of the younger guys on this team, and with a loaded QB roster I think we have a good chance next season.

Changing my prognosis to 2 wins (CSU, WSU) and possibly a 3rd stolen one in there.....still don't see this team getting over the massive road hurdle anytime soon, and they're 1 injury away to P-Rich from being a 0 win team to which our awful O-line and mediocre QB could not overcome.

Unfortunately this team has a losers mentality and for everything they "showed" on offense yesterday they still found another way to lose a close game.....we won't have many opportunities to win blow out games and they still don't have what it takes to make the extra play needed to win the close ones yet

Changing my prognosis to 2 wins (CSU, WSU) and possibly a 3rd stolen one in there.....still don't see this team getting over the massive road hurdle anytime soon, and they're 1 injury away to P-Rich from being a 0 win team to which our awful O-line and mediocre QB could not overcome.

Unfortunately this team has a losers mentality and for everything they "showed" on offense yesterday they still found another way to lose a close game.....we won't have many opportunities to win blow out games and they still don't have what it takes to make the extra play needed to win the close ones yet

Out of meds? You are delusional

Out of meds? You are delusional

Just tired of this same **** of trying to find positives in another loss.....end of the day we lost again to another mediocre team at home

You can semi-glaze it all you want and say that there were rays of sunshine out there (kicker, p-rich, Embree going bazerk on the sidelines), but there were just as many giant black clouds out there (O-line/Nonexistent running game, TE's, HaLk-Style Penalties, CB's, Inexperienced play calling from EB)......just don't see this team overcoming all of those hurdles especially when we've just finished losing to 2 of the 5 easiest teams on our schedule

A) it remains to be seen if Cal's mediocre

B) it would be ridiculous at this point to think that just because this team is 0-2, there's no positives to be taken. This team, with this schedule, was bound to have a difficult season. This isn't 1994. This program has a long ways to go. Learning a new system, getting over the Hawk mentality of no discipline and no mental toughness is going to take time.

C) if CSU beat us, feel free to take shots

Today isn't really a loss we can write off and say "oh, they just didn't have the talent or depth - valiant effort though!". It's fair to compare this game to the last few years because it's the same problem - this team doesn't know how to win. This is a game that should have been won. They played better, but the 'real' proof of improvement this week would have been stepping up and putting this game away while up 27-23 or in OT.

We should take care of CSU, but should we build a decent lead, our lack of a running game is going to give them chances to get back in it. It's nice that Hansen was able to put up the yards he did today, but our lack of a running game is truly frightening. I didn't think we'd be the "smash mouth" team that some thought, just because our OL has been so horrendous for years, but for it to be as ineffective as it has been is truly surprising. Is Tony Jones really this bad? I thought everyone was raving about him in fall camp

I disagree with this analysis. A Hawkins team would have gone in the tank at half-time and lost 52-6. Embree won't let that happen. I have said all along that we may not win any more games than last year but we will be in the games and competitive. This team will push the boulder along way up the hill without letting it fall. This was a Buff team that played with some fire for the whole game. They made a bunch of bone-head mistakes but I believe those are being addressed as well. For the first time since 2005, I saw Buffalo football being played. On defense for the whole game and on offense in the second half. In my opinion, we should be glad someone like Embree and EB love this place enough to come back rebuild the smoldering ruins of a once-proud program. Our DNA is still there and these guys are going to build it back up based on that DNA. That said, this thing is going to take a couple of years to get back. If you could wave a magic wand it would be great. We are talking about coaching up the talent we have and upgrading the next bunch. I predict a trajectory where we double our wins in 2012 and win several more the year following. Vince freakin' Lombardi couldn't rebuild this thing in a year.

I disagree with this analysis. A Hawkins team would have gone in the tank at half-time and lost 52-6. Embree won't let that happen. I have said all along that we may not win any more games than last year but we will be in the games and competitive. This team will push the boulder along way up the hill without letting it fall. This was a Buff team that played with some fire for the whole game. They made a bunch of bone-head mistakes but I believe those are being addressed as well. For the first time since 2005, I saw Buffalo football being played. On defense for the whole game and on offense in the second half. In my opinion, we should be glad someone like Embree and EB love this place enough to come back rebuild the smoldering ruins of a once-proud program. Our DNA is still there and these guys are going to build it back up based on that DNA. That said, this thing is going to take a couple of years to get back. If you could wave a magic wand it would be great. We are talking about coaching up the talent we have and upgrading the next bunch. I predict a trajectory where we double our wins in 2012 and win several more the year following. Vince freakin' Lombardi couldn't rebuild this thing in a year.

i *heart* this post.

Fan ****ing tastic post. You said everything I wish i would have said. Can you come over and talk to my wife?

We won't know and why in the **** are you here still? Shouldn't you be worrying about not losing to UW again?

Ever been to Nebraska? Absolutely nothing to do there....so, this guy spends time here.

Back