What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projected MBB starting 5 for 2012-13 Season

I see what you're tryign to do, but it just won't work. Height is one thing, but bulk is another. Dre is not physical enough to play the 5. Honestly, in my perfect world, he'd be starting at the 3. He's only 220 or so lbs, so he's going to get pushed around down low. Jenkins is 6'7", but 180 lbs.. That's slight and couldn't play any time at the four really. XJ might be able to slide between 3 & 4, but he's better suited for the 3. Ski is 6'1" (allegedly), but 160 lbs.. That's a tiny team that would get pushed around by anyone with size.

We need Scott or Simba to start next year in Austin's spot to give us some physicality. I would place serious money on it being Scott, but you never know.

Agree with all of this.

Even at the 4 Dre was often playing against guys who were significantly bigger and stronger than he was. Even at that he was a tremendous player for us. From what I have seen he has the quickness and the feet to defend the 3, he is also developing more of an offensive game away from the basket that he could use at the 3. Playing him there would make him a significant mismatch for the 3s who have to deal with him.

As we have seen, Tad doesn't worry a lot about having a "normal" line-up on the floor. Playing Dre along with a 5 and a 4 or even with a couple of guys who are more 4s could make the Buffs very hard to deal with while still letting us work defensively against the opponents.

Dre from the 3 is perfect for the way he likes to rebound. He's much more of a timing and angle guy to sweep in than he is a box out and hold position rebounder. Similar to how Rodman always played the "3" while leading the NBA in rebounding.

Dre from the 3 is perfect for the way he likes to rebound. He's much more of a timing and angle guy to sweep in than he is a box out and hold position rebounder. Similar to how Rodman always played the "3" while leading the NBA in rebounding.

Could you imagine if we had Austin one more year? Scott at 5, Austin at his natural position of 4, Dre at 3, XJ at 2 and Dinwiddie running the point?

Damn...

A lot of what we'll see from Jenk is going to depend on whether he can get up close to 200 lbs by the time the season starts. He said on BuffChips last night that getting bigger is one of his priorities.
his twitter feed seems to be 50% talking about how much he works out. BEEFCAKE

Could you imagine if we had Austin one more year? Scott at 5, Austin at his natural position of 4, Dre at 3, XJ at 2 and Dinwiddie running the point?

Damn...

i always respected Austin for the sacrifice he made in playing 5 for us. He was a very good player for us but I wonder how much he could have done with a couple of years at the 4 playing alongside a real 5 to do the banging underneath.

can we not call SHT a good low post passer? He had one good game where he was able to get the ball to the low post from the top of the key, in other games he was unable to find the open man and would get his pocket picked over and over by defenders with faster hands than his.

I really think this had more to do with everybody standing around than Simba's passing ability. There was no movement on offense this year. I watched many of the CU games more than once and have difficulty explaining to anybody or understanding what you would call CU's half court offense.

I really think this had more to do with everybody standing around than Simba's passing ability. There was no movement on offense this year. I watched many of the CU games more than once and have difficulty explaining to anybody or understanding what you would call CU's half court offense.
It was almost always worse in the last 10 minutes too. With the low minutes the bench got this year, my theory is that our team was resting on offense so they could go back and do what they did best, play D :lol:

In short, there has to be a cutter for someone to hit one.

Very, very frustrating. This has got to vastly improve.

Back