What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projecting Next Week's Top 25 (CU mentioned)

I just don't think a couple of votes is much of a measure. It's pretty clear the rise is real by the on-field performance.

With about 60 college games every weekend, it's also pretty clear that most college football fans around the nation aren't going to move heaven and earth to find a Pac12 Mountain Network to witness The Rise first hand.

Think of these 2 votes as a little telegram to some bumpkin in SEC country who hasn't thought about Colorado since ESPN's 30 for 30 piece on Bill McCartney.

They did have a rule misapplied, but I think the rule exception is stupid. Why should a team benefit from purposefully breaking a rule?
The officials screwed up by doing what SHOULD be right.
Shame for OK State to lose on a rules error. Bigger shame for a game in Stillwater vs CMU Chippewas to be close enough that the call cost the game. Teams that don't show up should lose. Wish Georgia and Clemson had also gotten the losses they deserved.

Some anonymity is fine at this stage, all the pressure is on Michigan next week - the Buffs are playing with house money.
I understand the argument, but no way this is a low-pressure game for the Buffs. From the coaching staff to players to fans, everyone knows this game may reveal whether the Rise is real or just talk. Don't mean we have to win this game to prove ourselves, but we need to compete and be within sight of winning.

Some anonymity is fine at this stage, all the pressure is on Michigan next week - the Buffs are playing with house money.

I wouldn't say "house money". Not like we've gotten lucky and won something the odds were against. Buffs have done what they were supposed to do (though the level of play they are at may be above our expectations).

Yep. Nothing to lose, IMO. They're going to be at least double digit dogs. Play loose and play to win on every possession.
Opened 20 point dogs and I'm assuming it'll move more through the week. I think a big performance this week and we really open some eyes nationally.

I understand the argument, but no way this is a low-pressure game for the Buffs. From the coaching staff to players to fans, everyone knows this game may reveal whether the Rise is real or just talk. Don't mean we have to win this game to prove ourselves, but we need to compete and be within sight of winning.
Pressure maybe to show well, but there is zero pressure on the Buffs to win this one, hence all the pressure to win this game is on Michigan.

With about 60 college games every weekend, it's also pretty clear that most college football fans around the nation aren't going to move heaven and earth to find a Pac12 Mountain Network to witness The Rise first hand.

Think of these 2 votes as a little telegram to some bumpkin in SEC country who hasn't thought about Colorado since ESPN's 30 for 30 piece on Bill McCartney.
You can have your telegram, I won't begrudge it to you. I'll wait for them to show the rise in Ann Arbor on national television.

Pressure maybe to show well, but there is zero pressure on the Buffs to win this one, hence all the pressure to win this game is on Michigan.

This is exactly true. If the Buffs play smart, discplined football, this will not be a blow out and we will show plenty well. This should no longer be like it's been where if we caught a few early bad breaks, all would cave in, We quit getting blown out a few seasons ago. We got a lot of guys who've matured and lived (not to mentioned started games) thru that cycle.

We are past the point of wanting to show well. That is a given.

You can have your telegram, I won't begrudge it to you. I'll wait for them to show the rise in Ann Arbor on national television.

It's on the B1G network. The CSU game on ESPN had more national reach.

This is what I got for my /r/CFB poll (our placement ahead of Nebraska and Baylor was totally unintentional). I'm the only CU voter of 332 voters so I had to represent.
ALfrMlw.png

A&M at 9, really? Why?
Where would you place them? I don't particularly like them at 9 but I think everyone outside of the top 5 is looking pretty garbage, and if I try to heavily use resume then Texas A&M has actually beaten somebody as opposed to most. Wisky has beaten someone too but I was more impressed with A&M.

Where would you place them? I don't particularly like them at 9 but I think everyone outside of the top 5 is looking pretty garbage, and if I try to heavily use resume then Texas A&M has actually beaten somebody as opposed to most. Wisky has beaten someone too but I was more impressed with A&M.
14, slide everyone up a slot and drop them there. Depends does UCLA fall off this year, that's what I'm thinking.

UCLA losing in OT at Texas A&M is going to look better and better on the resume as this season goes on, I think.

You should throw out some tags if you really want to get noticed...

(keep the poop thread out of it please)

It's all about the Buffs earning respect. This is a prime opportunity to open some eyes. Including those in BuffNation who may want to write Saturday off as one of those "no hoper" matches.

Harbaugh, Big House, Running QB, blah, blah, blah.

The Buffs couldn't be off to a stronger start. Mac's team are putting up eye popping numbers in all phases.

Michigan fans should disrespect CU at their peril.

Beat Michigan and we could be in. Otherwise undeserving. P12 appears to be a mixed bag this year so after M there might not be many quality win opportunities.

I would guess we'd be ranked in the 16 to 21 range if we pulled off the upset. Michigan would only drop to about 14 because reasons.

I would guess we'd be ranked in the 16 to 21 range if we pulled off the upset. Michigan would only drop to about 14 because reasons.

If CU wins at Michigan, that would be the most impressive win any team has on its resume this season. I don't know how anyone in good conscience wouldn't rank CU in the Top 10.

Back