What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projecting Next Week's Top 25 (CU mentioned)

If we beat Michigan, we will vault between #13-18 in the polls.

If we have a good showing vs Michigan and beat Oregon (who will be coming off a loss to the Nubs), we will see a ranking between #19-25.

If we beat both, we will be close to the #10 mark two weeks from today

Dominant? Oh Okay. I am hoping the defense is the truth. The offense has a long way to go. I too am hoping for the upset. I believe they will cover the spread. Yup the players gotta play great. And the coaches from the top down need to quit dreaming and continue get the team totally ready from all aspects. One can expect some player errors, but coaching errors in preparation and in game decisions are not allowed.
You're hoping Mac falls on his face so you can say "I told ya so!!" But you are hedging in case he doesn't. That's my read on your posts.

Offensive line remains a question mark. RBs have a low ceiling as well, but aren't bad.. WR's look like a strength. QB is above average. Conclusion: looks like an average to good P12 offense. Let's see how that OL looks against Michigan.
We will have to lean on our defense a lot.

Good question. Feel like his receivers have bailed him out a fair amount during the first two games, hopefully the accuracy improves somewhat.
Hmm. I think a good QB relies on good receivers to make plays vs a defender. That means relying on your receiver to win the battle and "bail you out." I guess I'm trying to think where his receivers have bailed him out.

Rankings Schmankings.

Play the game.

All this talk is delusional at best wishful thinking maybe. Polls blah blah blah.

Buff look okay against weak competition.

I expect the Buffs to beat the spread and actually have a chance at the end.

This game don't mean crap.

Just a high intensity practice. Real games start next week.

Buffs

Why do you type like Donald Trump speaks?

Bobo's catch against CSU was not an example of Sefo being bailed out by his receiver. That was probably the best throw we've seen through two games. Have there been some good catches by the WR corps? Yes, but I don't see how that means Sefo has been bailed out by them.

I think Duff means the receivers have had to adjust to catch balls thrown a bit high/low/behind them. Now, it is the receivers' job to catch passes thrown their way, but those throws slightly off the mark limit YAC opportunities and are the kinds of plays that can lead to tips and interceptions.

He seems fairly accurate for a college QB to me. Not a lot to complain about in his first two games this year. Also, while he is a pretty decent runner, I'm not exactly sure why we run him as much as we do.

We haven't dominated teams like this in the past 15 years
In the interest of accuracy, I'm pretty sure we dominated Nicholls and UMass last year in a similar manner (combined score 96-14). Problem was that Hawaii and a close CSU game were also mixed in, confirming that dominance over Nicholls and UMass were solely based on their incompetency.

I certainly agree that this Buff team has thus far played two optimum games with just about the best results we could possibly have had, hopefully because we're a much better team than last year, but am waiting for Saturday to see whether this is the case. Speculation is running wild, and this is going to be a crazy week on AllBuffs. Fun to be in this position though, anticipating the breakthrough we've been waiting for over the past decade.

I could actually see a scenario where we lose but pick up more votes. Lose by a small amount and be in the game right up until the end and we look a lot better than many other one-loss teams that are ranked.

If the season ended today, Matt Brown of SBNation would have us in the playoffs. I like the way you think, Matt Brown. :D

WEEK 2

No. 1 No. 2 No. 3 No. 4
Alex Kirshner Bama Clemson FSU Houston
Bill Connelly Bama Ohio State FSU Houston
Bud Elliott Bama Clemson FSU Ohio State
Dan Rubenstein Bama Ohio State Michigan FSU
Godfrey, Steven Bama Houston Texas FSU
Jason Kirk Bama FSU Ohio State Houston
Jeanna Thomas Bama Clemson Ohio State FSU
Luke Zimmermann Bama Wisconsin Texas FSU
Matt Brown Bama FSU Houston Colorado
Morgan Moriarty Bama FSU Clemson Ohio State
Ryan Nanni Bama Houston FSU Texas
Sarah Hardy Bama FSU Clemson Houston
Spencer Hall Bama FSU Clemson Ohio State
Wescott Eberts Bama Texas Houston FSU

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...48/ncaa-football-playoff-rankings-week-3-2016

I'm pretty sure we dominated Nicholls and UMass last year in a similar manner (combined score 96-14).

The scores were somewhat similar, but the actual way the game played out - especially the UMass game - was decidedly not like the way we have dominated the first two games of the season this year.

Reddit Poll:

Rank

Change
Team Points
1 -- Alabama Crimson Tide 6126
2 -- Florida State Seminoles 5597
3 +1 Ohio State Buckeyes 5304
4 +1 Houston Cougars 5117
5 +1 Michigan Wolverines 4993
6 -3 Clemson Tigers 4498
7 -- Stanford Cardinal 4314
8 +4 Louisville Cardinals 4013
9 -- Wisconsin Badgers 3957
10 -- Washington Huskies 3791
11 -- Texas Longhorns 3474
12 +2 Iowa Hawkeyes 2794
13 -- Michigan State Spartans 2716
14 +5 Tennessee Volunteers 2564
15 +1 Texas A&M Aggies 2523
16 -1 Oklahoma Sooners 2233
17 -9 Georgia Bulldogs 1903
18 +3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 1631
19 +1 Ole Miss Rebels 1462
20 +3 Oregon Ducks 1452
21 NEW Arkansas Razorbacks 1255
22 +2 Baylor Bears 1216
23 -1 LSU Tigers 1005
24 NEW Florida Gators 927
25 -- Miami Hurricanes 744

Next 10: Utah 615, Pittsburgh 448, Boise State 398, Nebraska 377, Colorado 272, West Virginia 234, Arizona State 214, San Diego State 208, UCLA 194, North Carolina 114

Reddit Poll:

Rank

Change
Team Points
1 -- Alabama Crimson Tide 6126
2 -- Florida State Seminoles 5597
3 +1 Ohio State Buckeyes 5304
4 +1 Houston Cougars 5117
5 +1 Michigan Wolverines 4993
6 -3 Clemson Tigers 4498
7 -- Stanford Cardinal 4314
8 +4 Louisville Cardinals 4013
9 -- Wisconsin Badgers 3957
10 -- Washington Huskies 3791
11 -- Texas Longhorns 3474
12 +2 Iowa Hawkeyes 2794
13 -- Michigan State Spartans 2716
14 +5 Tennessee Volunteers 2564
15 +1 Texas A&M Aggies 2523
16 -1 Oklahoma Sooners 2233
17 -9 Georgia Bulldogs 1903
18 +3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish 1631
19 +1 Ole Miss Rebels 1462
20 +3 Oregon Ducks 1452
21 NEW Arkansas Razorbacks 1255
22 +2 Baylor Bears 1216
23 -1 LSU Tigers 1005
24 NEW Florida Gators 927
25 -- Miami Hurricanes 744

Next 10: Utah 615, Pittsburgh 448, Boise State 398, Nebraska 377, Colorado 272, West Virginia 234, Arizona State 214, San Diego State 208, UCLA 194, North Carolina 114

The computer poll voters love us.

If the season ended today, Matt Brown of SBNation would have us in the playoffs. I like the way you think, Matt Brown. :D

WEEK 2

No. 1 No. 2 No. 3 No. 4
Alex Kirshner Bama Clemson FSU Houston
Bill Connelly Bama Ohio State FSU Houston
Bud Elliott Bama Clemson FSU Ohio State
Dan Rubenstein Bama Ohio State Michigan FSU
Godfrey, Steven Bama Houston Texas FSU
Jason Kirk Bama FSU Ohio State Houston
Jeanna Thomas Bama Clemson Ohio State FSU
Luke Zimmermann Bama Wisconsin Texas FSU
Matt Brown Bama FSU Houston Colorado
Morgan Moriarty Bama FSU Clemson Ohio State
Ryan Nanni Bama Houston FSU Texas
Sarah Hardy Bama FSU Clemson Houston
Spencer Hall Bama FSU Clemson Ohio State
Wescott Eberts Bama Texas Houston FSU

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...48/ncaa-football-playoff-rankings-week-3-2016
Love this comment:

I for one welcome our new Colorado overlords. Go Buffs, Pepsi please.

by 12PAC on Sep 13, 2016 | 9:30 AM reply

This is all playing out perfect for us. Win this weekend, then go beat the ducks, and we will be in the top 10...When was the last time we even got to think that, much less been there?? Lots of Buff fans were either being dragged around in daddys nut sack, or ****tin in diapers.

I think Duff means the receivers have had to adjust to catch balls thrown a bit high/low/behind them. Now, it is the receivers' job to catch passes thrown their way, but those throws slightly off the mark limit YAC opportunities and are the kinds of plays that can lead to tips and interceptions.
Sefo gets a lotta shoe lace hikes.

Back