What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Props to Kelly and the Ducks

It was actually Revanche du Canard...revenge of the duck. I believe it had ties to French political satire but I'm too buzzed and lazy right now to look it up. Nevertheless, the OG RdC was cool. Take it as a compliment canard.

Kelly is head and shoulders above ASU's Erickson in my book.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this, at least for now. Erickson's shown plenty of doucheness in the past, but hasn't at ASU, or maybe I just haven't paid enough attention. And we know Kelly's cheated at recruiting, if executed rather poorly. Maybe I'll change my mind after this week if Erickson pours it on us.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this, at least for now. Erickson's shown plenty of doucheness in the past, but hasn't at ASU, or maybe I just haven't paid enough attention. And we know Kelly's cheated at recruiting, if executed rather poorly. Maybe I'll change my mind after this week if Erickson pours it on us.

Someone must have forgotten the last time we played at asu.

Yeah that. I haven't been able to shake the memory of CU's last sweltering hot trip to the desert and watching an ASU coverage guy clobber our punt returner before he had a chance to catch the ball.

There was some ugly personal fouls in that game.

Yeah that. I haven't been able to shake the memory of CU's last sweltering hot trip to the desert and watching an ASU coverage guy clobber our punt returner before he had a chance to catch the ball.

Clotheslined him, and then laughed when watching the replay. **** Erickson and his thugish thugs.

agree with nik. This could have been a lot more ugly than it was. Oregon's 3rd or 4th team at skill positions would start for us.

I don't think anybody disagreed with Nik. Don't try and act like your **** dont stink and you are the only one who thinks something like you always do

With the talent disparity as we rebuild compounded by tons of guys out and trying to get a lot of reps for young guys before they're ready to compete on this level... Oregon could have named its score today.

Lot of class to let off the gas once they had the game well in hand. I wasn't an Oregon supporter going into this game, but I won't be rooting against them any more and will definitely be on their side when they're playing in the non-conference from now on.

It's going to take a few years until we get to the point where a true freshman is only playing if he's a special talent, but we'll get there. I look forward to the matchups with the Ducks once we're back and we hold up our end of making the game fun and competitive.

Super great post-Nik

It might also have something to do with Oregon's Offensive Coordinator not wanting to embarass kids that he helped coach and recruit while at CU.

It might also have something to do with Oregon's Offensive Coordinator not wanting to embarass kids that he helped coach and recruit while at CU.

why did he leave cu anyway? according to a quote in the daily camera, he said he thought 2009 was the best chance for hawkins to turn things around, but that's also the year he left. doesn't seem to make sense. wouldn't you want to stick around if you felt that things would improve quickly? maybe he knew well before cu's administration that hawkins wouldn't be successful.

Some good fans, so I don't want to generalize.

With most fan bases that visit, the vast majority are there to have a good time, enjoy seeing a different stadium, have a beer and talk football with fans of the other team. There are always a few assholes and students are usually going to get a little out of hand when they've been drinking. A lot of Oregon fans came in with an attitude. Reminded me a lot of Raiders or Steelers fans in an opposing stadium. Not friendly. Mostly confrontational.

I don't get the Nub fan comparison. Those are mostly boring people who think they invented football and see Husker football as something that makes them classy themselves. Oregon fans weren't knowledgeable, weren't boring, and their arrogance was more along the lines of Duck football being something that gave them license to be a douche.

This past summer I was at a family wedding and one of my OU fan relatives told me how disappointed they were when Utah and Colorado joined the PAC 12. He felt long time football power house schools like Boise State and Fresno State would have been much better schools to chose rather than Utah and Colorado. My attempt to suggest otherwise fell on deaf ears.

There was an old poster on the Cal boards who used to post under "Revanche du Canard" when Oregon was middle of the PAC and humble. He was pretty cool. Then a new bandwagon Whoregon fan showed up posting under a similar name with the recent success your program is enjoying. He sucked, couldn't spell and posted out of his ass. Calling you canard is my way of giving you old school props a la the original Revanche du Canard. The fact that you are Canadian makes it more apropos. Profiter de la partie:

canard nm. duck
canard à l'orange nm. duck in orange sauce
canard sauvage nm. wild duck
canard domestique nm. domestic duck
canard boîteux nm. lame duck
manchon de canard nm. duck wing
magret de canard nm. duck breast
gigolette de canard nf. duck stew

I recognize the name Revange du Canard and I have no idea where it was from. I guess I will accept the name Canard because as a Duck fan there are a million worse names for me lol
Both of you jokers are good value. Stick around. Nice win yesterday Canadian guy.

I thought it happened about 4 times that game. Should have been some ejections.

There was an old poster on the Cal boards who used to post under "Revanche du Canard" when Oregon was middle of the PAC and humble. He was pretty cool. Then a new bandwagon Whoregon fan showed up posting under a similar name with the recent success your program is enjoying. He sucked, couldn't spell and posted out of his ass. Calling you canard is my way of giving you old school props a la the original Revanche du Canard. The fact that you are Canadian makes it more apropos. Profiter de la partie:

canard nm. duck
canard à l'orange nm. duck in orange sauce
canard sauvage nm. wild duck
canard domestique nm. domestic duck
canard boîteux nm. lame duck
manchon de canard nm. duck wing
magret de canard nm. duck breast
gigolette de canard nf. duck stew

Liverflukes - you missed an obvious one:

Dégoûtante putain canard. nf. Filthy Duck Whore

Liverflukes - you missed an obvious one:

Dégoûtante putain canard. nf. Filthy Duck Whore

Oui….je suis désolé.

smiling-bear.jpg

why did he leave cu anyway? according to a quote in the daily camera, he said he thought 2009 was the best chance for hawkins to turn things around, but that's also the year he left. doesn't seem to make sense. wouldn't you want to stick around if you felt that things would improve quickly? maybe he knew well before cu's administration that hawkins wouldn't be successful.

I don't think these kinds of statements are always sincere.

Oh, I thought we were talking about coaches.... That was Erickson's 2nd game or so with ASU, so he didn't recruit that kid. I don't know if he disciplined him, do you? The final score wasn't pretty, but again, he was trying to see what the team had. It's pretty clear that Erickson has earned a lot of disrespect for other stops, but I don't think he's done anything outrageous at ASU, and that's all I was referring to. For example, he took a lot of steam out of Burfict, who was simply amazing when he was super emotional, and has calmed down into just a really good player. Okay, I'm done defending Erickson now. :)

...Must be time to attack Kelly, though. I missed the game but just read that Hansen was sliding QB style, but was given a concussion by not one but two Ducks that hit him anyway. So by the logic here, that makes Kelly a ***** person.

...Must be time to attack Kelly, though. I missed the game but just read that Hansen was sliding QB style, but was given a concussion by not one but two Ducks that hit him anyway. So by the logic here, that makes Kelly a ***** person.

I didn't think it was a dirty play. Hansen slid late.

I didn't think it was a dirty play. Hansen slid late.
Once a QB begins to slide it is illegal for him to be hit. Two Oregon defenders came in after he had slid and hit him, one of which looked like a helmet to helmet.

Once a QB begins to slide it is illegal for him to be hit. Two Oregon defenders came in after he had slid and hit him, one of which looked like a helmet to helmet.

I'll give you that one appeared to be helmet to helmet but both defenders were already diving for the tackle when Hansen went to slide. Hansen isn't Tom Brady and won't/shouldn't get a call for a late hit in that situation.

But maybe I should watch it on TV. The replays at Folsom didn't lead me to believe it was dirty.

Better to pin the blame on Allbuffs. Someone in game chat called Hansen a pussy for sliding too early on one of the prior plays.

Hansen made an adjustment to please his critics and slid a little later. The rest is history.

Chip Kelly was an innocent bystander in all this.

I'll give you that one appeared to be helmet to helmet but both defenders were already diving for the tackle when Hansen went to slide. Hansen isn't Tom Brady and won't/shouldn't get a call for a late hit in that situation.

But maybe I should watch it on TV. The replays at Folsom didn't lead me to believe it was dirty.
The first defender was fine because his momentum carried him into Hansen but the second one was blatantly late and a cheap shot and the lack of the flag on the play just adds insult to injury, literally.

Oh bull****! We played 'em almost even the last three quarters! Yeah, baby!

Back