What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

The NCAA sent a message all right, if you are big enough, you can cheat all you want without any real ramification...the trick is figuring out if you are one of the untouchables or not....

There's no real trick to that. The untouchables are very few in number. Texas, USC, ND, OSU, Michigan. USC got reamed because they showed no contrition. Had they done so, their penalties would have been far less severe, IMO.

It's now on the ESPN mainpage.
Athletic Director Gene Smith insisted at a Monday afternoon news conference that there was no "systemic" problem at Ohio State, which has admitted to having several players involved in different NCAA violations over the past 10 months.
He blamed it all on the athletes, former coach Jim Tressel and a booster who on Monday was banned from further contact with the Buckeyes.
"These failures are individual failures: failures of individual athletes, and as you know unfortunately a previous coach, and a booster," Smith said when asked if the latest violations will lead to more serious institutional charges of lack of control and failure to monitor from the NCAA. "So it's not a systemic failure of compliance. I'm optimistic and I'm confident that we will not have those charges."

Nice

Okay, maybe I'm slow, but if you have a coach, players, and boosters all doing things they shouldn't, doesn't that mean the institution is failing to control things?

I can't believe that Gene Smith still has a job?

So with the latest violation does the NCAA really step up and take away 2 scholarships from OSU, or are they still busy beating the crap out of the Boise athletic department.

I'm starting to think that Tom Osborne is behind a lot of this. He's crafty...

Back