What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

"I am sorry and disappointed this happened. At the time the situation occurred, I thought I was doing the right thing," Tressel said in a school statement.

Doing the right thing by trying to brush a possible NCAA violation under the rug ? What a class act.

God tressel is such a snake. and the Gene Smith says that tOSU decided to self report today, REALLY, would you have if yahoosports didn't already break the story?

Bingo. Are we really supposed to be impressed that Ohio State decided to give Tressel a slap on the wrist because some yahoosports writers exposed a cover-up?

Did Tressel say ANYTHING of value? Despite him saying he brought notes so he didn't talk in circles, seems to me that he DID talk in circles.

Bingo. Are we really supposed to be impressed that Ohio State decided to give Tressel a slap on the wrist because some yahoosports writers exposed a cover-up?

and he has this clause in his contract :lol:

Under section 4.1d of Tressel's latest contract, he is bound to report any possible violation of Big Ten or NCAA bylaws immediately.

and he has this clause in his contract :lol:

Under section 4.1d of Tressel's latest contract, he is bound to report any possible violation of Big Ten or NCAA bylaws immediately.

supposedly the word "any" is underlined in the contract. I can't believe he said it seemed like a good idea at the time.

NCAA made a point of saying they didn't like being lied to this year with Bruce Pearl. I bet he gets slapped a bit more. Be interesting to see what impact this has on the players suspensions.

Cowherd spoke of a 'major program' getting ousted by a sporting news publication last week for recruiting violations. Then the ducks story hits and now OSU. It there any tie in among these three or is another shoe yet to drop?

I hope the NCAA slams OSU.

what exactly is "suspended"? Does he do practices all week and just now show up for games? Does he do a video conference at halftime?

Double the suspension at least and make it for conference games or GTFO NCAA.

the ghost of woody hayes wants to slap you ohio state haters right in the mouth. tressel is as pure as the driven snow. ohio state is the gold standard of playing by the rules just ask them. except when they aren't playing by the rules...

dirtbags, the lot of them.

Hilarious stuff OSU, i've already called everyone back there to give them crap. My father-in-law says everyone does it and ohio state is cleaner than most schools...um okay...

This is great news, it almost assures those 5 players will remain suspended for the CU game.....then they're off to lincoln to reintroduce those starters into the lineup

This is great news, it almost assures those 5 players will remain suspended for the CU game.....then they're off to lincoln to reintroduce those starters into the lineup

I soooo want a CU win vs OSU, I would have a field day....

I have to think the player in those emails where they said "no surprise here" was Mo Clarett.

He said he didn't suspend the players when he found out because they had, "worked too hard." Or something along those lines... Nice excuse:rolling_eyes:

Dez Bryant lies about talking and spending time with Deion Sanders and gets suspended for a year, Coach Tressel lies that he didn't know about his players selling their equipment for cash and yet Ohio State suspended him for 2 games and fines him 250k. The NCAA's gotta be on crack if they let Ohio State fly by with that suspension. Look at what happened to USC with Reggie Bush, they got their *****es handed to them. What kind of message would the NCAA be sending if they don't come down on Ohio State hard...

Dez Bryant lies about talking and spending time with Deion Sanders and gets suspended for a year, Coach Tressel lies that he didn't know about his players selling their equipment for cash and yet Ohio State suspended him for 2 games and fines him 250k. The NCAA's gotta be on crack if they let Ohio State fly by with that suspension. Look at what happened to USC with Reggie Bush, they got their *****es handed to them. What kind of message would the NCAA be sending if they don't come down on Ohio State hard...

that was just the self-imposed sanctions by tOSU... ncaa has yet to rule...

I agree. I'm really eager to find out what the NCAA will do with OSU. is there anything comparable to this? I know bruce pearl got suspended for 10 games for essentially misleading the NCAA after hosting some recruits at his house...is this roughly comparable in terms of "severity of the crime"?

guys so what if he lied. It is not like the kids got extra powerbars in their lunchboxes.

I'm trying to take away what I've learned about college football this year:

So if Jeremy Bloom had his father get him endorsements for skiing without his knowledge, he'd have been fine.

Had he gotten paid without letting anybody know except his coach and done the same thing for Dusty, Stephone and the gang, he would have been able to play in the conference games.

Conclusion: Hide all financial moves/decisions and just ball

Back