What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

I hope there is a CU alum on the infractions committee investigating Gene, Jim and the boys. :wink2:

How are our chances now that the sweater vest will not be on the sideline along with the 5 star starters??

How are our chances now that the sweater vest will not be on the sideline along with the 5 star starters??

Better but still not good. Still a talent mismatch which goes beyond 5 guys. I think this team needs to put up a respectable showing to keep recruiting momentum.

Better but still not good. Still a talent mismatch which goes beyond 5 guys. I think this team needs to put up a respectable showing to keep recruiting momentum.

I think that we are going to be at interesting point when playing OSU. If they beat "The U" the week before us they are going to have some confidence and may already be looking to Michigan State in conference play. If they lose to Miami they will definitely be looking to avenge that loss. If we can get our run game going by the time we go to Columbus, it will be very interesting on the 24th. 2nd Brick game of the season.

While still light, a five-game suspension for both Tressel and the players is decent enough IMO.

:thumbsup: My first fark...hope I didn't do too badly...LOL.

The_Wild_Vest.jpg

Last edited:
Why isn't this clown fired?

10 seasons, 106-22 record, 7 Big 10 titles, 8 top 10 finishes in the polls, 1 national title, 9-1 against Michigan

When you achieve that level of success, you're teflon. You might even be able to get away with hiding guns for players to keep the police at bay.

Has to be legends. As in, was. Or formerly. And at the rate this is going, used to be will describe him quite well.

No way. Leaders. He was definitely leading the pack in NCAA non-compliance and leading OSU towards serious sanctions.

Holy crap! If true, he is basically caught not only lying once, but lying again saying he wanted to keep it confidential. Oh please be true, because if so tOSU HAS to fire him to minimize the upcoming sanctions which may make the USC sanctions look like a slap on the hand. Excellent, excellent.

Tressel also had his star quarterback, Ray Isaac, get caught receiving improper benefits at Youngstown State. Then there was Maurice Clarrett, the star running back who helped win Tressel a national championship but got the Buckeyes into trouble with the NCAA. This was followed by Troy Smith, his Heisman-winning QB who got suspended for taking money from a booster. Then there was this report:

In May of 2009, The Columbus Dispatch reported that since 2000, Ohio State had reported to the NCAA more than 375 violations — the most of any of the 69 Football Bowl Subdivision schools that provided documents to the newspaper through public-records requests. Most of the infractions were minor and resulted in little or no punishment.

Currently, we have a handful of star players headlined by star QB Terrelle Pryor suspended over receiving improper benefits.

Here is the info on the Youngstown State infractions:

Tressel's coaching record on the field at YSU was impeccable. He won four 1-AA National titles during his stay there.

His run to greatness began with the signing of Youngstown local Ray Isaac, a QB who could run with the best of them, and better than the rest of them when it came to 1-AA. Isaac also had problem bending NCAA rules and for a player of his caliber, he was in the right place at the right time.

A good friend of Tressels during his time at YSU was Mickey Monus. Monus was the head of the board of trustees, the CEO of an up and fast-coming pharmacy chain, and was on the sidelines for all of Youngstown State's games. It was Tressel who set up the first meeting between his star player and Monus.

The record states over the years Monus gave thousands of dollars to Isaac. The record also states Isaac used cars provided by Monus.

A few years later, Monus came up on Federal fraud charges for "bookkeeping irregularities" and all of the stories of Monus' relationship with Isaac came to light. At the time the NCAA ordered an investigation in which Tressel denied any knowledge of any wrong doing.

http://hotpz.com/2011/03/source-jim-tressel-safe-at-ohio-state-despite-reported-violation/

It's been an open secret for a long time that Tressel is one of the dirtier coaches in college football. He wins so much that he has been protected. Eventually things caught up with Pete Carroll. Looks like they're finally catching up with Jim Tressel. Look for Gene Chizik and Lane Kiffin to be next on the NCAA's hit list.

I forget, is forwarding incriminating e-mails the province of the leaders or the legends?

The question has been asked.......

I say Legend, as in what used to be. Wispy says Leader, as in Al Capone.

Well, it is the off-season, and a few days from a NYC semi-final.

Does this call for an AB Poll????? What say you, minions?

The question has been asked.......

I say Legend, as in what used to be. Wispy says Leader, as in Al Capone.

Well, it is the off-season, and a few days from a NYC semi-final.

Does this call for an AB Poll????? What say you, minions?
toys365+018.jpg

was Monus the pharmor guy that was involved with the Rockies?

Yes, he was the head of and money behind the origional ownership group. The Monforts stepped in when it looked like the franchise would be lost after Monus was indicted for multiple counts of fraud related to the drugstore chain. At the time it was reported that the Monfort's were looking to be a transitional ownership stablilizing the franchise and then selling it, making a little extra in the process since they could buy in at a firesale price.

Clay Travis has been all over this scandal. He just tweeted this:

The Tressel scandal is going to deepen to the point where AD Gene Smith and President Gee's jobs are in danger too.

Please let the part about Gene Smith be true!

Back