What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PSA: Our football team could be playing in a Hurricane

Or we can schedule another FCS team

Would have to be after the Utah game as there aren't any Bye weeks and they wouldn't do that.

Also, scheduling another FCS team wouldn't do anything for us. Only 1 win against an FCS team counts toward bowl eligibility.

One week away I'm not afraid of any hurricane warnings. Odds of that are super remote. Just experiencing ****ty rain on the underhand seems likely...

Here is what my friend posted today from Chinatown (downtown)
image.jpg

Would have to be after the Utah game as there aren't any Bye weeks and they wouldn't do that.

Also, scheduling another FCS team wouldn't do anything for us. Only 1 win against an FCS team counts toward bowl eligibility.
We got a waiver in 2013 for the two wins to count to bowl eligibility. Didn't need it, but nature cancellations can alter ncaa decisions on that stuff.

Not necessarily true. Long travel and it being the first game of the year I'm not sure that gives us a really good read on what kind of team we have if we lose.
we started the Embree regime losing to hawaii....

CU Football officially went to **** with the cyclone delay against the...well, against the cyclones, in 2005.

We need a good hurricane to erase that ****ing tornado and usher in a new era of CU Football!

CU Football officially went to **** with the cyclone delay against the...well, against the cyclones, in 2005.

We need a good hurricane to erase that ******* tornado and usher in a new era of CU Football!

This. Effing THIS. Screw the hurricane. In fact, other than the fact that it would really help things if we were playing Miami in a hurricane, the same way we were playing Iowa State in the middle of a tornado, I definitely think this is the way to get that monkey off our back.

I was at that game in Ames, BTW. Man, that sucked.

1. if the game in Hawaii gets cancelled, does CU also have to cancel a home game? reference link 17.9.5.2, specifically says "games played", not "games scheudled" implying that if the games isn't played, the exemption doesn't apply
2. i actually attended a college football game in a hurricane once. took the wife, got on TV. came home to an email from my dad who saw us, "I can't believe you got Mags to attend a football game with you in a hurricane!"

Don't know how long they expect the hurricane to stick around but since this is a Thursday night game if the Buffs got there and the weather was to dangerous to play we would be able to reschedule for Friday or even earlier Saturday and still return for a full work week next week.

At some point you need to prove you're a better team by beating the teams put in front of you. No schedule shenanigans etc. Go down to Hawaii and kick their ass, come back to Boulder and look to take care of the Minutemen.

Amen

50% chance of rain, wind 9 mph on game day. On Tuesday, mostly sunny, wind 18 mph. Wednesday has a 60% chance of rain with wind at 11 mph.

No. He will definitely lose it. Fortunately, he will find it again soon thereafter.

I played a Jr. high game and a varsiy HS game in tropical storms. running game was key. It was the 80's, it was a different time. Now they won't even drive the busses here if the winds are over 35 mph.

The 10 day forecast has changed. Wind doesn't look too bad, but there is a STRONG chance we will be playing in rain on a very wet field.

From Weather.com
Another Hawaii Threat?

Although the official track takes Ignacio in the direction of Hawaii by early next week, this is still several days out and a lot can change. With that said, the forecast position from the National Hurricane Center for Monday has Ignacio coming close to or passing just north of the Big Island.

The computer model forecasts have displayed a large amount of variability recently. After initially trending northeast of Hawaii early next week, some forecasts Thursday night shifted back to the south, taking Ignacio closer to the Big Island. As of Friday morning, the track has changed again to bring Ignacio north of the Hawaiian Islands.

Several tropical systems have threatened Hawaii over the past few weeks, but most of them changed course and/or weakened before directly impacting the islands. A weaker Ignacio could be favored to take more of a southerly track, whereas a stronger and more organized hurricane would probably tend to track more to the north.

Climatologically speaking, virtually all hurricanes near the Hawaiian Islands since 1950 have approached from the southeast, south or southwest.

http://www.weather.com/storms/hurricane-central/ignacio-2015/EP122015

Last edited:
At this point I am more concerned about the air travel aspect of it, if there are flight delays and hours spent sitting around as well as an extremely long flight this could make for a very real fatigue issue. If the Buffs are unable to board the plane and keep a somewhat close to normal travel schedule I hope they cancel it.

update: http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/...-east-pacific-could-threaten-hawaii-next-week

8679446_G.gif

looks like the big concern will be travelling... should be gone one way or another by gameday.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...HFO&textField1=21.304&textField2=-157.855&e=1

Monday Night
Tropical storm conditions possible. Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 76. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday
Tropical storm conditions possible. Showers likely, mainly before 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Tuesday Night
Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 76. Breezy, with a northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
Scattered showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 86. Breezy, with a west wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday Night
Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 76. Breezy, with a southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Thursday
Scattered showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Breezy, with a south wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Trying to remember who got screwed by the original schedule change, but they should look at changing their tickets now. A lot of airlines will waive change fees for the days surrounding weather events like this.

I think they should be able to squeeze in the game between Ignacio and Jimena. The biggest impact is going to be the humidity. Prior to this summer, I used to say that Hawaii summers were more pleasant than what I had experienced along the front range. This has been the hottest and most humid summer in the 12 years I have been here. Talking to locals who were born and raised, they say this is the hottest summer Hawaii has had in anyone's memory.

By Thursday the problem won't likely be bad weather (lots of wind and rain). Based on the storm track above I bet that by thursday things will still be soggy but the sun will be out.

The problem is that the game may still get cancelled on Thursday because the power is still out. After Iniki hit we had rolling black outs for about 5 days before everyone was back on a stable grid. It all depends on how bad the storm hits the islands.

By Thursday the problem won't likely be bad weather (lots of wind and rain). Based on the storm track above I bet that by thursday things will still be soggy but the sun will be out.

The problem is that the game may still get cancelled on Thursday because the power is still out. After Iniki hit we had rolling black outs for about 5 days before everyone was back on a stable grid. It all depends on how bad the storm hits the islands.
Play in the day! Better for me.

This is a grand literary gesture for CU football. We died in a cyclone in Ames, Iowa ten years ago. Now, after a tumultuous decade, we will find ourselves washed up in the winds and rains of Hawaii. And we will be good again.

Back