What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PSU AD charged with perjury, ex-DC indicted on felony sex crimes against minors

Did Tom Osborne's name come up in the obstruction charges? I mean, if heads are gonna roll anyway, is it wrong to dream?

I'm just wondering if Penn St. is a leader in child molestation cases, or just a legendary place for molesters to work. Allegedly of course...

I'm just wondering if Penn St. is a leader in child molestation cases, or just a legendary place for molesters to work. Allegedly of course...

excellent....

This case started because a HIGH SCHOOL reported the allegations to police.... NOT PSU..... CRAZY!

This really sucks. My dad played for Paterno. (he was a backup lineman that only played 10 minutes of actual game time) But I did meet Paterno in 1997. He was a nice guy and he still remembered my dad. I hate this.

This really sucks. My dad played for Paterno. (he was a backup lineman that only played 10 minutes of actual game time) But I did meet Paterno in 1997. He was a nice guy and he still remembered my dad. I hate this.

Yep. This sucks.

On the other hand, without knowing more information, it still appears that some folks at PSU were in a position to protect protect children, but instead made the more comfortable decision. I'll be very surprised if this doesn't get worse, and shine a light of cowardice and shame on Penn State's Leadership.

I have a hard time blaming an institution. There clearly are many people here who work for the institution that have soiled their reputation and unfortunately, the university's reputation.

I did not like the fact that CU was dragged through the mud because the actions of several people. CU got rid of the athletes involved yet the story carried on because of many allegations....

PSU needs to basically clean house. Get rid of those involved and carry on.....

I hope this doesn't kill the 2nd Mile foundation. It sounds like they got rid of Sandusky at the first report and are 100% cooperating with investigators. If in fact they are running a good program and have done all they can to be out in front on this protecting kids and helping to catch the bad guys, then I'd hate to see this charity destroyed through association.

Sandusky was allegedly around the program and working out in university facilities last week.

This just plain makes me sick. ****ing animal.

To lawyers on the board:

Could Joe Pa be sued in Civil Court, and be found liable for all kids assaulted by Sandusky after 2002? Since he knew about the incident and did not report the crime to the authorities which allowed Sandusky to remain free and able to commit more crimes?

To lawyers on the board:

Could Joe Pa be sued in Civil Court, and be found liable for all kids assaulted by Sandusky after 2002? Since he knew about the incident and did not report the crime to the authorities which allowed Sandusky to remain free and able to commit more crimes?

there must be precedent for criminal complicity in this as well. I am no lawyer tough.

To lawyers on the board:

Most likely not since the DA is on the record saying that Joe followed the law by reporting this to his superiors. If anyone can be held liable for civil damages, it would be the 2 people charged so far.

there must be precedent for criminal complicity in this as well. I am no lawyer tough.

There is a PA state law that requires this type of crime be reported to the police. The 2 administration officials that violated that law are being prosecuted.

There is a PA state law that requires this type of crime be reported to the police. The 2 administration officials that violated that law are being prosecuted.

If I understand that right, wasn't JoePa just required to report it to his supervisors, but Curley and Schultz were high enough ranking officials that they were required to report to police once it reached their level? Am I understanding that right?

To me JoePa still had a moral obligation to report it to law enforcement once he saw that the University was sitting on it, but no legal obligation, right?

Most likely not since the DA is on the record saying that Joe followed the law by reporting this to his superiors. If anyone can be held liable for civil damages, it would be the 2 people charged so far.

I understand what you are saying, but I also know there is a difference between criminal and civial law (i.e. OJ was innocent in criminal court but guilty in civil court). If Joe Pa was aware of his past behavior, and he knew he was in a position to have contact with young boys on a regular basis, could joe Pa be found guilty of something (not sure what the exact title of the crime would be but along the lines of aiding and abetting).

If my kid were to have been assaulted by Sandusky after 2002 I would be going after every dollar Joe Pa made post 2002.

I understand what you are saying, but I also know there is a difference between criminal and civial law (i.e. OJ was innocent in criminal court but guilty in civil court). If Joe Pa was aware of his past behavior, and he knew he was in a position to have contact with young boys on a regular basis, could joe Pa be found guilty of something (not sure what the exact title of the crime would be but along the lines of aiding and abetting).

If my kid were to have been assaulted by Sandusky after 2002 I would be going after every dollar Joe Pa made post 2002.

To be liable in a civil court, JoPa must have had (1) a legal obligation to do something about it, and (2) been in a position to actually prevent it. For example, in states that have good Samaritan laws, if you walk past a Fusker on the sidewalk who is on fire and do not piss on him after you have downed a six pack, you could be liable. But if he was in the middle of 28th Street in rush hour or you had just emptied your bladder to make a piss bomb, then you wouldn't be liable.

From what I gather, the law that requires the assault to be reported only applies to certain officials and JoPa was not one of them, so any suit again him would be summarily dismissed.

To be liable in a civil court, JoPa must have had (1) a legal obligation to do something about it, and (2) been in a position to actually prevent it. For example, in states that have good Samaritan laws, if you walk past a Fusker on the sidewalk who is on fire and do not piss on him after you have downed a six pack, you could be liable. But if he was in the middle of 28th Street in rush hour or you had just emptied your bladder to make a piss bomb, then you wouldn't be liable.

From what I gather, the law that requires the assault to be reported only applies to certain officials and JoPa was not one of them, so any suit again him would be summarily dismissed.

moral of this story is to ALWAYS refill your piss bombs....

In the paper, JoePa's quote was something to the effect of "He fooled all of us." It made it sound like he didn't know anything. Confusing.

they should go after Pedo State U...deeper pockets

Back