What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PSU AD charged with perjury, ex-DC indicted on felony sex crimes against minors

@BuffLuke, I wondered the same thing. Thank God I've never been confronted with such a situation, but if I were, I would like to think I would intervene on the spot....

Sandusky spoke at 2007 Penn STate commencement

University Park, Pa. -- Penn State's University Park campus will hold its spring 2007 commencement ceremonies for approximately 7,604 associate, baccalaureate and graduate degree students May 18-20.

-- 3 p.m.: The College of Health and Human Development commencement ceremony in the Bryce Jordan Center. Jerry Sandusky, founder of The Second Mile, will speak.

http://live.psu.edu/story/24106

Great response in the comments section that sums up my opinion of the NCAA:

Well, reportedly some of the anal rape victims were given gifts and promissed to be welcomed walk-ons. At the very least there are recruiting violations. So I'm certain the NCAA will not rest until these kids are permanently stripped of collegiate eligibility.

HEY!!!!,

You stole my post earlier in the thread!!!!! Page 4 # 58

See him engaging in anal sex with a child and you just go tell on him? Fine, if you dont wanna put a stop to it yourself, should have called the cops from the nearest phone. Its like people forget right and wrong when they work for a big company or university. ****ing makes me sick.

Thanks for that, JimmyBuff. This case will just keep growing.

And as for the question about civil responsibility, there would be none for anyone that didn't actually participate, facilitate the harm. The post about pissing on the Fusker was very entertaining. But basically one doesn't have any liability at all to save anyone else. There are a few exceptions. Say there is a bad auto accident and someone is in the street, hurt. If a doctor comes to that person's aid but administers medical assistance that falls below a standard of care, and the assistance actually further damages or harms the person in the street, there may be some liability, although most juries would be tough on these facts.

Thanks for that, JimmyBuff. This case will just keep growing.

And as for the question about civil responsibility, there would be none for anyone that didn't actually participate, facilitate the harm. The post about pissing on the Fusker was very entertaining. But basically one doesn't have any liability at all to save anyone else. There are a few exceptions. Say there is a bad auto accident and someone is in the street, hurt. If a doctor comes to that person's aid but administers medical assistance that falls below a standard of care, and the assistance actually further damages or harms the person in the street, there may be some liability, although most juries would be tough on these facts.

As I posted earlier I don't know about Pennsylvania law. I know that in Colorado I am a mandatory reporter, this means that if I have any reasonable reason to suspect that a child or children are at risk or in danger I have a legal responsibility to insure that the information makes it to the appropriate authorities, normally child protective services. This applies not only on the job but 24/7 and failure could cost me my license and make me legally liable if a victim were to sue.

Based on the charges against the two primary individuals from PSU I am assuming that Pennsylvania has a similar law that applies to all university staff. In this case it would be concievable that Paterno, with the information we have heard about, would be responsible for failing to report and follow up.

I would also assume that failure to comply with the law, resulting in damage to any further victims, could easily put Paterno in line for liability if the victim and/or his family decided to sue.

This whole thing is just getting started and the end is going to be ugly for a lot of people, as it should be considering the allegations.

How about the GA who is now an assistant coach for Penn State. Shouldn't he had a responsibility also to have reported the incident when it appears nothing further was happening to it except the ban on bringing kids to Penn state that was imposed?

it just p*ss me off that everybody has knowledge did not feel the moral responsibility to report it to the police or any child welfare agency

Last edited:
How about the GA who is now an assistant coach for Penn State. Shouldn't he had a responsibility also to have reported the incident when it appears nothing further was happening to it except the ban on bringing kids to Penn state that was imposed?

it just p*ss me off that everybody has knowledge did not feel the moral responsibility to report it to the police or any child welfare agency

I think the question you asked in the second sentence is answered in your first sentence.

It's one of those details that makes this whole think look like a calculated cover-up.

Sandusky was reportedly using the workout facilities at Penn State as recently as this last week--still benefitting from his retirement agreement. Seriously?

Even if Paterno is claiming dementia and he didn't know any specifics of what happened, you know McQueary has probably been running into Sandusky on a semi-regular basis for the last 9 years while Sandusky's using the treadmill in the weight room. Why the hell is that guy holding onto Penn State while he sees Sandusky have free rein of the facilities? I know Penn State's a great program, but that's some weird loyalty there. He should have either taken a bat to his Sandusky's head, or left the program, and he did neither. That's weird in itself.

I just think there's gotta be a very wicked web of cover-up for all this to have been kept under wraps since 2002, and it's gotta go beyond just a couple conversations with the AD, that VP, and Paterno.

The ****ed up part to me is that if this **** would have been reported to the police when it was supposed to, many of these disgusting crimes would have been prevented, and these victims would have been saved. How can you live with yourself knowing that kids were raped because you didn't want the football program to get in trouble. Reading that timeline and seeing the amount of victims there were made me sick.

pretty disappointing. every person i've known almost without fail who went to or was affiliated with Penn State speaks to the quality of that institution. in intelligence, professional capacity, loyalty. this is horrible ****.

Penn State is going down. Hopefully not on any more children.

It was a sincere post. Sorry for the confusion.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Your concern for the children is noted. I apologize for assuming that humor was intended. Clearly it was not.

I've been super tied up with work, so I hadn't followed this story until this morning. Holy ****! Anyone who knew about this and didn't go straight to the police should go to prison for a long ****ing time. Oh, and that grad as needs to get his ass kicked too for not doing something on the spot. No excuses.

I'm not gonna read 12 pages and if this has been said - oh well. IMO - just because Joe Pa reported it and did nothing further knowing that the higher-ups kept it quiet makes him guilty in the cover-up as well. If I were in his position, at the very least, I would inquire why he was still around after being reported.

I've been super tied up with work, so I hadn't followed this story until this morning. Holy ****! Anyone who knew about this and didn't go straight to the police should go to prison for a long ****ing time. Oh, and that grad needs to be promoted to a paid coaching position for keeping his yap shut.

FiFY

Back