What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pundits' Way Too Early 2012-13 Predictions

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
Wilner is sold on Tad Boyle

http://twitter.com/wilnerhotline Finalizing Pac-12 bball projections for next season. 1 Az, 2. Colo, 3. UCLA, 4. Stan. Will undoubtedly revise after spring rcrtng, attrition

Wow, you win a bunch and get a top 25 class, and all of a sudden you are listed as the 2d best team in the PAC in the preseason...

Which is just weird. I think we are behind UCLA and Stanford.

I want to see how UCLA finishes recruiting (Shabazz?) and where some of the potential transfers go. I think 4-6 range is realistic right now.

Do not dissagree on the position behind UCLA and Stanford but it sure is nice to see that the program and Tadd are getting the respect. Our expectations should be continually rising with this program but I do think we are 1 year away from getting to the top 25 program we want.

I have to say, I was liking going into the season with mediocure expectations, then blowing them away.

With Tad getting some respect we are going to be getting a few underachieving years.

Not that I am complaining becuase we are doing much better than I would have ever hoped for.

Also we are the Pac-12 Champions. Any body that wants that title will have to take it from us. That is a very new feeling.

Arizona's a clear #1.

After that, there are a number of teams you could pick.

On talent, you'd go with UCLA.

On coaching, you'd go with Colorado.

On returning players, you'd go with Stanford.

If you wanted to pick a darkhorse, you might go with Oregon or Washington.

I think Wazzu, USC, ASU and Utah all improve but not nearly enough to challenge for the conference.

Oregon State was an interesting sleeper pick if Jared Cunningham decided to return to the Beavs. But yesterday their fans got some bad news: http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2012/04/oregon_state_beavers_basketbal_102.html

“I’m going to go at it full-throttle,’’ said Cunningham, who said is close to signing with an agent. “I’m happy right now.’’

Exactly Shldr2Shldr!!! One of the top 32 teams in the land, Pac-12 champs, losses about 25-30 points a game, and some senior leadership. However, I think the buffs got a lot tougher with the latest recruiting class, plus I think we make up those 25-30 points pretty easily with a couple studs coming in. CU now adds a real center in top 50 recruit, 6-10 Josh Scott. Top 60 recruit, wing player Xavier Johnson can guard outside and bang inside. Wesley Gordon and Shane HarrisTunks should provide good depth for frontcourt rotation. Not to mention Roberson who's the best rebounder and defensive player in the conference.

It will be nice to see CU whooping up teams on the inside, rather than getting beat up, i.e. the Stanford games. I can't wait to see the difference on the court. Only thing I'm worried about is who turns into the go to guy when we need a basket. I'm guessing Josh Scott, Dinwiddie, or Booker will have to turn into the man. But it'll be interesting to see how having big men in the post (that can score) frees up our perimeter guys.

1. CU
2. Arizona
3. Stanford
4. Oregon

It was already going to be another year of a pretty weak Pac-12, now given the departures from Washington, Oregon State, etc. it's downright weak. Not shocking to see us picked 2nd.

Back