What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Putting the tinfoil hat on for a second

Buffarino

Math - how does it work?
Club Member
Was I the only one that noticed Devenney was MIA for almost the entire first half? Am I crazy to think that might have been his punishment for the "finally we will have a real QB competition" quote?

Was I the only one that noticed Devenney was MIA for almost the entire first half? Am I crazy to think that might have been his punishment for the "finally we will have a real QB competition" quote?

I didn't notice he wasn't in there, to be honest. If Geer is healthy, Devenney should be splitting time at #2 with Deehan, at best. But if he didn't play at all for a long stretch at the start, it is interesting....

BTW, make sure to mention TBD's name to your new haberdasher. He might get some kind of discount for referring new customers... :smile2:

I didn't notice he wasn't in there, to be honest. If Geer is healthy, Devenney should be splitting time at #2 with Deehan, at best. But if he didn't play at all for a long stretch at the start, it is interesting....

Geer and Deehan played most of the first half. I didn't see Devenney out there until the second half. Geer is obviously the #1, I agree there, but there were quite a few 2 TE sets where Deehan was out there instead of Devenney.

I was actually looking for it because I had a feeling something like that might happen.

Deehan was a 4* recruit that ended up being our #1 tight end for a good chunk of last season as a true freshman. We'll also be counting on him to be "The Man" for us in 2010. He needs to be our #2 this year if he is good enough and from what I've seen he is at least the equal of Devenney.

Deehan was a 4* recruit that ended up being our #1 tight end for a good chunk of last season as a true freshman. We'll also be counting on him to be "The Man" for us in 2010. He needs to be our #2 this year if he is good enough and from what I've seen he is at least the equal of Devenney.

Deehan is also listed #3 on the depth chart. And Devenney played most of the 2nd half.

I'm not saying it did happen, but the timing is awfully coincidental if it didn't.

Deehan is also listed #3 on the depth chart. And Devenney played most of the 2nd half.

I'm not saying it did happen, but the timing is awfully coincidental if it didn't.

Good point.

Another point I forgot to mention is that Hansen's got to be a lot more comfortable with Deehan. The coaches have said the QB1's opinion is a factor in PT for the receivers. That may have also had something to do with it.

At the end of the day, I don't mind Deehan playing at all. Kid is a player and will eventually be a stud, IMO. I just thought the timing was weird, especially after Devenney's comments last week.

Deehan is a more complete player at the position, more of a multi-dimensional player than Devenney. With TH in there it seems like they mixed up the offense better, Deehan's skills let them do more of this.

Also agree with Buffnik that Deehan needs to be developed as he will be the man next year at the position.

That all said, I would not be surprised if Hawk held his comments against him.

Back