What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

promoted QB Davis Webb Transferring to COLORADO from TTU (Committed to COLORADO)

The QB position will go from a hope and pray to definite ability and promise. Sefo is not the answer. He has had 3 seasons to prove he is more suited for MWC type football. Montez is a who knows? Apsay is same boat as Sefo. Noyer is somewhere in the Montez to Apsay area I believe. Davis Webb and Sheriron Jones gives us a definite upgrade immediately and for 4 years. It is about time. Now get 2 last name Davis Webb and then some OL to cover his rear end.

There are so many definitive statements in here, it's hard to know where to begin, but I have to ask why Montez is a "who knows?" and Jones is a "definite upgrade" when we've seen the same amount of football from both of them?

The QB position will go from a hope and pray to definite ability and promise. Sefo is not the answer. He has had 3 seasons to prove he is more suited for MWC type football. Montez is a who knows? Apsay is same boat as Sefo. Noyer is somewhere in the Montez to Apsay area I believe. Davis Webb and Sheriron Jones gives us a definite upgrade immediately and for 4 years. It is about time. Now get 2 last name Davis Webb and then some OL to cover his rear end.

Agreed. I think Apsay has a lot of promise, but I am equally unsure he will be able to be the game changer CU needs next year. Montez, although he has tools, reportedly, is in the same boat. Webb, OTOH, is a playmaker.

I want this one so badly.

Pac-12 South looks wide open in 2016. This could give the Buffs the 2nd best QB in the division after Rosen. If MacIntyre, Chev and Lindgren can convince Webb to come here, I'll get suddenly very bullish on our bowl chances this season.
+1

There are so many definitive statements in here, it's hard to know where to begin, but I have to ask why Montez is a "who knows?" and Jones is a "definite upgrade" when we've seen the same amount of football from both of them?

Yes. All we know is that we've got 2 big dudes with big arms who can run and juke competing to be the QB1 of the future. That excites me, but I don't think it's honest to say that one is ahead of the other based on how heralded they were coming out of high school 2 years ago.

I am really encouraged that CU *may* finally have an average to above average P12 QB for the next four years. This is very unusual and exciting.

I have also tempered my excitement with the fact that it is probably just as likely that Webb may not sign and neither Montez or Jones will pan out.

But there is hope right now, and that's more than I've had since that 4.5 40 was changed on Sefo's recruiting profile four years ago.

I want this one so badly.

Pac-12 South looks wide open in 2016. This could give the Buffs the 2nd best QB in the division after Rosen. If MacIntyre, Chev and Lindgren can convince Webb to come here, I'll get suddenly very bullish on our bowl chances this season.

3rd best possibly. USC has two studs competing for #2 behind Rosen.

Montez could be the guy. He could be as good as Jones. I like the promise of Jones because he had a recruiting list that was filled with Power 5 teams. Montez was not. We need more than the Sefo's and Apsay's to go from below average to at least average.

It is very fair to question both of them given they have no college track record. We do know that Jones excelled against vastly superior high school opponents so it would be fair to have higher expectations of him.

I meant the QB position in general. Read the whole statement. The position gets a definite upgrade with the Jones transfer in 2017 and Webb would make 2016 that way. That is fact! Ability and promise isn't anointing these guys sure fire Pac 12 champ QBs but it hits on all adjectives used.

I meant the QB position in general. Read the whole statement. The position gets a definite upgrade with the Jones transfer in 2017 and Webb would make 2016 that way. That is fact! Ability and promise isn't anointing these guys sure fire Pac 12 champ QBs but it hits on all adjectives used.

David Fales essentially got MacIntyre the CU job. Maybe Webb can get MacIntyre an extention at CU.

Would be nice to add someone who can compete for the starting job right away. We would have Webb, Jones, Gehrke, Apsay, and Montez for Spring practices. In the fall we would have; Liufau, Webb, Gehrke, Apsay, and Montez competing for the job while Jones and Noyer redshirt. Have to assume that 1 or 2 of those scholarship QB's won't be here by then. Its a crowded field.

impressive

The main things I like are how quickly he goes through his progressions, the accuracy to hit guys in stride or back shoulder, and the decisiveness. And that was from his 2013 RS-Frosh season. Got to assume his football IQ has increased since then or at least not gotten any worse.

Would be nice to add someone who can compete for the starting job right away. We would have Webb, Jones, Gehrke, Apsay, and Montez for Spring practices. In the fall we would have; Liufau, Webb, Gehrke, Apsay, and Montez competing for the job while Jones and Noyer redshirt. Have to assume that 1 or 2 of those scholarship QB's won't be here by then. Its a crowded field.
Webb won't transfer until the summer.

The main things I like are how quickly he goes through his progressions, the accuracy to hit guys in stride or back shoulder, and the decisiveness. And that was from his 2013 RS-Frosh season. Got to assume his football IQ has increased since then or at least not gotten any worse.
He is also more mobile than he gets credit for....

agree and he has some velocity when needed.

That would make things a bit more interesting then for spring practices. If Gehrke stays, then we are probably ok, if not, camp arms are going to be limited.

We'll have Apsay, Montez, Jones and Patterson even if Gehrke isn't there.

Agreed. I think Apsay has a lot of promise, but I am equally unsure he will be able to be the game changer CU needs next year. Montez, although he has tools, reportedly, is in the same boat. Webb, OTOH, is a playmaker.

+1

CU doesn't have enough of the rest of the pieces of the transmission to make this car go with or without Webb. To me the move is insurance against Sefo's injury and his inability to do X Y or Z in a game.

200.gif

Back