What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

QB play

It's f*cked up to call him sh*t. He's a warrior. He's not a good quarterback but he's the best we have.

I appreciate & respect the Hawk love, but are you kidding me: Cody Hawkins is a downright piss poor qb. He's a hard worker and a warrior, but all that gets you in D1 Big XII football is a juicebox and orange slices

And who will you play at QB?

One of the three guys who couldn't beat Cody out? That makes a lot of sense.

Nope keep playing cody and keep losing. Hansen is redshirting and according to you,can't play in this offense so I don't know how the hell we are suppose to improve the qb play.

I wouldn't say he's the best we have, let's atleast put in the other guys and give them a real shot at some game time and see what they can do.

Halfway decent QB play tonight and the Buffs are winning by 2 touchdowns.

Cody Hawkins just is not a very good QB right now.

Your nuts.. Little Hawk isn't good, but you are betting that are defense is going to stop WVU with the game on the line.. Wasn't going to happen.

this game was nothing but a scrimmage for WVU and their players.

Your nuts.. Little Hawk isn't good, but you are betting that are defense is going to stop WVU with the game on the line.. Wasn't going to happen.

this game was nothing but a scrimmage for WVU and their players.

I didn't say CU would win the game - but a decent QB and CU would have been winning by 2 TDs in the 1st half. There were at least a couple wide open TD's that Cody Hawkins just couldn't complete the pass (or threw an INT).

I appreciate & respect the Hawk love, but are you kidding me: Cody Hawkins is a downright piss poor qb. He's a hard worker and a warrior, but all that gets you in D1 Big XII football is a juicebox and orange slices

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but do you really believe Hansen or Evans or Lobato or whoever is going to come out there and play lights out? We saw Hansen last year... not good. Evans is apparently not at all ready for prime time. Lobato is a freaking walk on. Enough said.

I didn't say CU would win the game - but a decent QB and CU would have been winning by 2 TDs in the 1st half. There were at least a couple wide open TD's that Cody Hawkins just couldn't complete the pass (or threw an INT).

Yeah, I can turn around and say if WVU doesn't fumble the ball around they are up by 14 points too..

Little Hawk isn't the answer, but this program has many more glaring problems than him (WR, a defense with players that can run, a kicker)

Hansen can come in and make a difference. He just needs some PT under his belt. Come on, it's not like it can be any worse. :smile2:

Halfway decent QB play tonight and the Buffs are winning by 2 touchdowns.

Cody Hawkins just is not a very good QB right now.

With the full game under his belt, I don't know how you play Cody next week. He had some moments, but overall, his decision making was right up there with Jamarcus Russel, and accuracy is about the same.

Hansen can come in and make a difference. He just needs some PT under his belt. Come on, it's not like it can be any worse. :smile2:

Yeah he came in last year and was replaced when he stunk up the joint against Missouri and aggy. .

Why? He couldn't make a difference in practice.

All these people wanting Hansen just crack me up. He isn't good enough to beat Cody Hawkins but somehow he is going to turn the offense around. That makes zero sense.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but do you really believe Hansen or Evans or Lobato or whoever is going to come out there and play lights out? We saw Hansen last year... not good. Evans is apparently not at all ready for prime time. Lobato is a freaking walk on. Enough said.

That's the key. We have no one at the QB position better than Cody. Hansen's recruiting rankings were lower than Cody's. Everyone acts like Hansen is this burner, but his 40 time is actually slower than Cody's. Of all the people on the roster or coming in, the one who appears to have the best arm & mechanics is Nick Hirschman, who is currently a senior in high school. We need to recruit a JUCO QB, who will probably have to take 38 classes starting right now to get in.

All these people wanting Hansen just crack me up. He isn't good enough to beat Cody Hawkins but somehow he is going to turn the offense around. That makes zero sense.

Bingo.. We have no quality QB's.. Little Hawk was only supposed to be a stop-gap until Hawk got a big time QB.. Hasn't happened..

Think about it: this season is done. Over. No bowl. Garbage recruiting class. Put in one of our freshmen qbs and get them game experience for next season, so at least we're not in this same horrible position next year.

Clearly Cody can't play ball. Enough. Time to move on.

Except that the coaches said they were neck and neck. That means he graded the same as Cody in practice, doesn't it?

Fact is, Hansen doesn't fit the offense we run.

if we ran an offense where the QB's feet were a weapon - he'd probably be a nice QB. But with this offense, he's a liability, not a weapon.

any offence can use a guy that can make plays with his feet. Even in a drop back if everyone is covered you can make some big plays by taking off.

Have always heard that Coach Dayan is a numbers guy...looks hard at stats...Over the long term...The numbers just dont add up...Buffs have had lowest QB rating in Big XII three seasons running...To add insult...Of the pittance of offense that CU puts up in the passing game most of it is McKnight...Coach Dayan, Coach Dayan there are 9 other guys on the offensive side of the ball....has to be at least one other playmaker.

Y'all can talk all you want bout Hansen not fitting the offense, and not being better than Cody.

Fact is, the staff thought enough of Cody's play and Hansen's ability that he WAS going to start this week. He certainly can't be much worse.

Hansen won't learn the reads on the bench. We are now officially playing for next year.

Cody cannot execute the screen pass. He had Sumler for a large gain and 1st down in 3Q and can't execute. Too many wobblers.

Hansen may be a step back, but we got to see if one step back can eventually mean 2 steps forward.

I'm with Jimmy on this. If Hansen was the answer he would have won the job. Hawk does NOT tailor his offense to his players strengths. Of the possible replacements Clark Evans is the only pocket type quarterback with the skill set that Hawk covets. I don't think he's ready for prime time but if you want a change so bad then what you're asking for is that we burn Evans' red shirt and get him in there. This would be a situation where he either comes out as a Matt Ryan type rookie phenomenon (10% chance) or comes out and gets his confidence beat out of him like David Carr (90%) chance. Still want to do this?

Back