What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Question for the board - Answers will be discussed on BuffStampede Radio

BuffStampede

Club Member
Club Member
Greetings AllBuffs! We are going to talk about Andre Roberson's decision to go pro and its effects on the CU program for an entire hour on BuffStampede Radio starting in less than a half-hour at 3 pm (MST). We encourage callers at 805-669-0218.

I also wanted to ask the board two questions, and your responses will be discussed during the show. We'll be sure to give a shout out to AllBuffs.

1.) Following Roberson's decision, what are you expectations for next season's team (wins and/or how far they will go in the post-season)?
2.) How different would you expectations have been if Roberson decided to return for his senior season?

Thanks!

Here is the link to listen to the show: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/buffstampede/2013/04/29/roberson-to-the-nba

1.) Following Roberson's decision, what are you expectations for next season's team (wins and/or how far they will go in the post-season)?
I expect us to have a very similar WL record

2.) How different would you expectations have been if Roberson decided to return for his senior season?
I would have expected a run at the PAC XII title and make it to the Sweet 16.

1) Round of 64, top 3 P12 finish, 25 wins.
2) Round of 32, top 2 P12 finish, 26+ wins.

The reason they are so close? Tad freaking Boyle.

1) 25+ wins. Sweet 16. 2nd in the Pac-12 behind Zona.

2) My expectations don't change at all. The 23-point win over Oregon without Dre showed me that Jelly and XJ adjust their games in very positive ways when Dre isn't on the court. As Tad said, we probably won't have a single guy challenge for the national rebounding lead but we're likely to make up for the stats by committee. The big thing we're missing is that we won't have a versatile lockdown defender who can handle any guy on the other team. Like with rebounding, help defense and general team defensive principles are going to need to progress a step to make up for the loss. I think Tad will get this from next year's squad -- so, again, no changes to my expectations.

1. I am still thinking this team wins 25 next year, top 2-3 in the pac and gets to the sweet 16. I cannot wait for the match ups with AZ next year as that is a rivalry that is just getting started.

2. We will miss his leadership early but I think we will replace the production. The void in leadership will be picked up by the Mayor and we may not miss a beat. Not a change in my expectations at all. Top 15 team by the tourney.

Back