What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

question for the group

buffs6236

Club Member
Club Member
i read in my email that Hansen is now going to go for a redshirt. I was a Hawk supporter from day one but my patience is all but gone. my question is will the success of the Hawkins experiment come down to Cody? Would we be better off had Cody gone to Boise State? I know he is his son but i think Hawk is putting far too much at stake on his sons back.

And say we make it through the season without having Cody get injured. (lets face it that's the only way we get a QB change here) and next season comes around and its time for the annual "QB" competition for the starting position. Do you really think Dan will sit his son his senior year? i mean we haven't seen it yet so why would we see it next year. It is my opinion that Cody is going to be Hawks downfall. I honestly think had Cody gone elsewhere we would have a true QB competition and the better player would win.

What are your thoughts?

If his son had gone to play somewhere else, I'm not certain if we could have landed a blue chip QB right away or not? It might be safe to say that Tyler would be the QB now if that would have happened.

I think we would, meaning the BUFF nation, would've all been better off if COdy would've gone to BSU, YES.

IMHO, We would have landed Landry Jones, and Jordan Wynn. It is the belief of a great deal of fans that Cody should've never followed his father to CU. Of course hindsight is 20/20.

I think some of you guys are way to hard on Cody. He may not be great, but he isn't bad. He really hasn't had much of a receiving corps for the last two years.

I think he would have benefitted more at BSU. He and his father wouldnt be scrutinized the way they are at CU by everyone.

Cody is merely the poster child to most of us for problems that, imho, go beyond that one position. The FSU Miami game last night reiterated the fact that the entire offensive scheme and strategy is completely stupid.

I think some of you guys are way to hard on Cody. He may not be great, but he isn't bad. He really hasn't had much of a receiving corps for the last two years.
Cody did not play bad. How many ball were droppped for first downs? He did a good job of keeping the ball away from csu defenders, our receivers cant catch the damn thing. The question is still our O line, that seams weak at best. If we can not open holes against csu we are in trouble against everybody else we play. The game clock management was terrible!!!! With around 8 minutes left in the game when we need all the time we can get we are snapping the ball with 1 second on the clock, on every play!!!! Zero sence of urgency, bothers me.

If his son had gone to play somewhere else, I'm not certain if we could have landed a blue chip QB right away or not? It might be safe to say that Tyler would be the QB now if that would have happened.

Or Ballenger?

Not knocking Cody, just saying we don't know who would have come to CU and who would have stayed if they felt they'd get to play.

Or Ballenger?

Not knocking Cody, just saying we don't know who would have come to CU and who would have stayed if they felt they'd get to play.

Agreed, if you were a top QB recruit and CU wanted you, would you come here? NO WAY! You are going to go were you know you will get a chance to play. We will not get a top QB recruit for another year or 2.

Cody only had a few bad plays, and I thought he made some very good throws that were dropped by receivers. how many drops did Scotty have? Geer? Cody genuinely should have had more time in the pocket against a team that registered only 9 sacks total last year and got four on CU. The running game was not established, and the clock management was horrific. We got outcoached badly and outphysicaled.

This loss is not on Cody.

Agree with the general consensus. It's becoming abundantly clear that our problems go WAY beyond Cody. It's not fair to Cody to blame this mess on him.

Keep this in mind: most observers at practice have felt that Cody is the best quarterback on the team.

Cody did not lose the game, but he sure as hell isn't helping the situation. Almost every pass is a roll out and he's throwing on the run. He doesn't do that well. I understand he has to roll out so his passes aren't knocked down, but at least have him stop during the roll out and set his feet so he has a chance to complete the pass. They are still very young and inexperienced as 8 guys made their first start. My son commented that it's not the lack of talent or experience that killed them, it was the coaching. Dead ball penalties, using the whole play clock to run a play, not using timeouts in the first half and having to use two of them in the second to avoid a delay of game penalty, no adjustments on either side of the ball in the first half-those are coaching issues. It starts at the top and if our coaches had no clue what to do on Sunday how is a young team supposed to know? I'm sick of this ****. Fix it or get out, Hawk.

Cody did not lose the game, but he sure as hell isn't helping the situation. Almost every pass is a roll out and he's throwing on the run. He doesn't do that well. I understand he has to roll out so his passes aren't knocked down, but at least have him stop during the roll out and set his feet so he has a chance to complete the pass. They are still very young and inexperienced as 8 guys made their first start. My son commented that it's not the lack of talent or experience that killed them, it was the coaching. Dead ball penalties, using the whole play clock to run a play, not using timeouts in the first half and having to use two of them in the second to avoid a delay of game penalty, no adjustments on either side of the ball in the first half-those are coaching issues. It starts at the top and if our coaches had no clue what to do on Sunday how is a young team supposed to know? I'm sick of this ****. Fix it or get out, Hawk.

He throws on the fun because our oline sucks balls and he can't stand in the pocket or he will be killed - like last year. Remember?

He throws on the fun because our oline sucks balls and he can't stand in the pocket or he will be killed - like last year. Remember?

You're missing my point. I know he has to roll out, but roll him out to a designated spot then stop-set his feet and then throw. He is constantly throwing as he's running and he's not good at it. Hell, it might not make a bit of difference if he did that, but even the great QBs set their feet before throwing. If that doesn't help then we might as well use Hansen and run the ball every play.

IMHO, We would have landed Landry Jones, and Jordan Wynn.

I think we probably would have landed one or the other, but not both. If Jones is here, I really don't see Wynn signing. His chances of playing early wouldn't have been that much better than the situation he saw....

Cody is a player that does give his all...the problem is that just simply giving your all isn't good enough in the Big 12.

Back