What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Question on Recruiting....

PhillyBuff

no longer awaiting CU football's return... we here
Club Member
Do we have restrictions or rules in place that are more stringent than the Big 12?

Do the Regents have a say in who we can and can not recruit?

Are we on a level playing field with the rest of the Big 12?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

that is a great point, one that is always in the back of my head. it really seems like it. i would guess that the admin. is not lenient at all. im sorry to say but there needs to be tracks for guys that can play D1 football. and if the school is really as openminded as they think they are they should give kids from tougher backgrounds opportunities.

I think we are on a level playing field in terms of high school kids. Where it gets tricky is with JUCO transfers as we don't accept D's or credits for classes like P.E. (I guess KSU accepts this?).

To my knowledge, Regents do not get involved.

Do we have restrictions or rules in place that are more stringent than the Big 12?

Do the Regents have a say in who we can and can not recruit?

Are we on a level playing field with the rest of the Big 12?

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

I think the only real problem is the Juco issues...CU won't accept Ds and we don't have a phys ed major so a lot of credits do not transfer into CU.

No the regents do not have any say on who we recruit. They are not involved in the day to day operations of the University.

When Barnett was here there was an academic committee that had to approve who we could recruit (result of the scandal). I do not know if that is still in place or not. I suspect not since we signed 3 nonqualifiers.

that is a great point, one that is always in the back of my head. it really seems like it. i would guess that the admin. is not lenient at all. im sorry to say but there needs to be tracks for guys that can play D1 football. and if the school is really as openminded as they think they are they should give kids from tougher backgrounds opportunities.

Katoa got in and he had some serious issues.

I know I read that one of the conditions of Hawk taking the job was that the recruiting restrictions that GB had, be lifted so Hawk didn't have to pay for the problems of the previous regime. That was a main selling point at the time, because we got Hawk for less than market value back then.

Football and basketball players have easier admissions requirements than a regular student, so CU is giving a break on that. But even our lower ones are higher than the rest of the Big XII, except for Texas, especially in the North.

Back