What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Damiene Cain may still be in the picture

RSSBot

News Junkie
About the only piece of bad news to come out of Buffs camp this fall was the announcement by PF recruit Damiene Cain that he wouldn't be playing basketball at CU afterall. Cain was expected to help bolster the forward corps, while potentially clearing the way to allow for a redshirt year from Ben Mills. For him not to play, as a highly touted recruit, was a big blow to the program.

... or maybe not...

Rumors started swirling yesterday evening that Cain may still end up playing hoops for CU. Today Coach Boyle acknowledged the possibility, saying "The jury's still out," but that "We've had some conversations."

Cain originally left the program saying that he wanted to focus on academics. With no solid evidence to the contrary, I'll accept that story at face value. While I would hope that he continues to realize what's truly important about the collegiate experience (the whole going to class thing), should he really want to come back, and be totally dedicated to the team he once turned away from, I think it would be in CU's best interests to take him back. He's a good talent, and you should be allowed to struggle with big decisions as an 18 year old.

If he's not 100%, and I mean 100%, then the program should encourage his academic career while continuing to move forward without his services.

8030839680057503187-3130948685038273953

_zn1tcYHS8w

More...

Back