What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Detroit has a new Mayor

RSSBot

News Junkie
This draft has first round talent in the second round. - Jay Bilas

BuffNation's wait last night was a little longer than it should've been. Still, better late than never, the Detroit Pistons spent the 38th overall pick, 8th of the second round, on CU's very own Spencer Dinwiddie. K-BOOSH!
If you spent any amount of time over the last few years watching Colorado Basketball, you know that Spencer Dinwiddie is a first-round caliber talent. That much is undeniable. The Pistons certainly agree, as GM Jeff Bower was quoted as saying: “We felt he was a first-round talent. I know it’s a cliché, but we had him targeted as a player we were impressed with. It’s a good night for the organization.” A stacked draft and an untimely injury, however, conspired to push him into the second round of the 2014 NBA Draft. Such is life.

For his part, Spencer seems nonplussed over the slide. From the BDC: "As for not being picked in the first round, things happen for a reason; it is, what it is. I'm can't wait to get started." Considering that the Pistons are a very good spot for his talents, I'm not surprised that Dinwiddie is taking everything in stride. The Mayor was Detroit's lone pick last night for a first year coach. The organization clearly sees him as an opportunity to get out-sized impact for their slot. Further, since the Pistons are very light in the backcourt, I would expect plenty of early opportunities to see the court for the rookie.

At the end of the day, the Pistons are getting one hell of a player in a position of need, one who will make plenty of other GMs rue the day they passed on him. Congratulations to Spencer! I look forward to watching you rip up the East (other than My Bulls) over the coming years.
VEr2hRciDXw

This draft has first round talent in the second round. - Jay Bilas

BuffNation's wait last night was a little longer than it should've been. Still, better late than never, the Detroit Pistons spent the 38th overall pick, 8th of the second round, on CU's very own Spencer Dinwiddie. K-BOOSH!
If you spent any amount of time over the last few years watching Colorado Basketball, you know that Spencer Dinwiddie is a first-round caliber talent. That much is undeniable. The Pistons certainly agree, as GM Jeff Bower was quoted as saying: “We felt he was a first-round talent. I know it’s a cliché, but we had him targeted as a player we were impressed with. It’s a good night for the organization.” A stacked draft and an untimely injury, however, conspired to push him into the second round of the 2014 NBA Draft. Such is life.

For his part, Spencer seems nonplussed over the slide. From the BDC: "As for not being picked in the first round, things happen for a reason; it is, what it is. I'm can't wait to get started." Considering that the Pistons are a very good spot for his talents, I'm not surprised that Dinwiddie is taking everything in stride. The Mayor was Detroit's lone pick last night for a first year coach. The organization clearly sees him as an opportunity to get out-sized impact for their slot. Further, since the Pistons are very light in the backcourt, I would expect plenty of early opportunities to see the court for the rookie.

At the end of the day, the Pistons are getting one hell of a player in a position of need, one who will make plenty of other GMs rue the day they passed on him. Congratulations to Spencer! I look forward to watching you rip up the East (other than My Bulls) over the coming years.
VEr2hRciDXw

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back