What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: On Game 6 of the World Series

RSSBot

News Junkie
I enjoyed myself immensely last night. What a game, what an evening of baseball.

But there's Joe Cowley and his tired, bitter ilk, bitching and moaning about the quality of the game. It wasn't a well played game before the late-inning dramatics, the ratings are still going to be crap, the sport has been ****ed by management who don't seem to know what they're doing, football will wash the memories of October 27th away before November even sets in, yadda yadda yadda.

Who the **** cares? Isn't the point of watching sports to be entertained, to be drawn into things you really have no right to care about? I have little to no reason to actually care about this World Series, other than the fact that I really like baseball, yet I sat in breathless anticipation as the extra innings of Game 6 unfolded. I imagine I experienced exactly what past generations felt when consuming Game 6's from '75 and '86; an overwhelming sense of mirthful disbelief as baseball proves again that anything, truly anything, can happen if you watch it long enough, and I better not go anywhere.

What could possibly be more entertaining than two consecutive innings featuring a team coming back from the brink of a 2-strike count with 2 outs and the season on the line? That someone dropped a fly-ball in the 4th is of no concern when a team refuses to die in the 9th, 10th, and 11th.

Game 7 could suck terribly, a blowout with no inherent drama, and it will do nothing to diminish the magic that I immersed myself in while watching Game 6. Save it for the time capsule, I'll want to see all of that again someday.

God bless this little sport.

8030839680057503187-1410351555056971142

YM2apqDl_88

More...

Back