What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Speedy is finally going home

RSSBot

News Junkie
The 2009 trip to Toledo was supposed to be a special one for star CU running back Rodney Stewart. As I sat there in the Glass Bowl stands (yes, I was in attendance that night), I found myself surrounded by a bunch of his friends and family who had taken over the CU section in hope of seeing the diminutive running back perform once more in his home state. However, it was not to be as a thigh strain kept him out of action.

I felt terrible that his supporters, all clad in supportive T-shirts, wouldn't get the opportunity to see their Ohio hero play. While Speedy went on to have a strong sophomore campaign, which he followed up with a stellar junior season, I think everyone in attendance that night would've liked to see him play.

But, that is not the end of the story. This weekend, Speedy has another bite at the homecoming apple. The Columbus, OH native is truly coming home to play in front of friends and family. This time, injuries aren't a concern, and Speedy is the focal point of the offense, both as a proven runner, and as a receiver.
Speedy, who starred as a high school running back in Columbus, finally gets a chance to play in front of friends and family this weekend. From: Rivals
I have no doubt that Speedy will be ready to shine in the Horseshoe, to show the Buckeyes what they missed when they ignored the homegrown tailback out of high school. I hope he has the game of his life on Saturday, and that he enjoys the homecoming that's 2 years overdue.
8030839680057503187-2275400784844262390

7qshtiTKd7I

More...

Back