What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: What to do with Pac-12 "bye" weeks

Where do you most want to see the Buffs play?

• Duke

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Illinois

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Kansas

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • San Diego State

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Syracuse

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • UNLV

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Say Below)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

RSSBot

News Junkie
In case you haven't noticed, there is no Thursday night game this week. The Buffs are taking a week off before playing Utah on Saturday. With the current "travel partner" set-up in Pac-12 scheduling, CU will see that twice a year.

Some teams, like UCLA, are using the "bye" week as an opportunity to play a nationally televised game with a nonconference opponent (in this case, UCLA vs St John's on CBS). Coach Boyle would like to see the Buffs face a similar "bye-week" schedule in the future, saying yesterday:

"I kind of wish we had (a marquee nonconference matchup) this week. I think that would be good for our league, especially with our disappointing nonconference slate." -link

I hate to break it to Coach Boyle, but that kind of made-for-TV, mid-February matchup is probably out of reach for this program until it starts going to the Tournament on a regular basis. Benefit to the conference's national perception aside, it's just not going to happen.

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Rumblin's post (which is a good read, so everyone read it) combined with this tweet from Pachoops, made me wonder -- who is your most wanted matchup for the Buffs? Duke? North Carolina? Kentucky? Another shot at Kansas? Maybe a team from where you grew up. Post 'em and I'll turn it in to a poll later today.

Kansas, but it'll be 10 years before we can make that a reality.

Also, I believe I'm on record hoping for a trip to Champaign-Urbana to play Illinois as part of the Pac-12/BiG scheduling cabal. It'd give me an excuse to see a side of the family not visited in a decade.

my dream would be to play Cuse but that would not a smart move, i think a team along the lines of Pitt, St John's, Villanova( when they are down like this year) or even Wake Forest would go a long way in promoting our program on the east coast. playing west coast teams is great and all but you need to play and be competitive with the east coast if you want national respect.

Exposure on the East Coast is exactly what we need. Flying across the country during the 'dog days' of February isn't ideal, but having a home/home with an ACC (or Big East) opponent would be great.

Last edited:
SDSU - If they can hold the program performance up. Right now it would be a great match up with a recent power in the area we want to recruit. This is a question for us but for one school int he Pac this is a great opportunity. BYU/Utah should fill this hole.

Stick to our recruiting bases. Southern California and Texas. Since we already play in SoCal, we should find a way to get inside the state of Texas once per year.

i agree that we should play in Texas or a texas team once a year but if we want to become a tournament team we have to start playing and winning against teams from the NYC/Philly/DC area. A home and home series against a team from that part of the country( Top 100 RPI) would do us more good in the eyes of the selection committee than another game against a team from California.

Boulder. Let the Duke's and North Carolina's of the world come to the new deadliest home court in the country.

To go the distance with the Jayhawks and give them competition for the top spot in the conference was what we should have always strived to do before the Big 8/12 as we knew it was killed via mostly football reasons. Now that Tad and MB have CU thinking serious about basketball long-term we should re-establish the rivalry, except now we need to prevent blue from ever becoming the dominant color in the Keg again on gamedays. I think we're in a much better position to do that and measure ourselves yearly against the top program historically between Bloomington and Westwood. And while I don't particularly miss that school or their fan base I believe the rare years we could beat them showed the potential Buff basketball could have.

Perhaps some of those elite-tier teams sometime down the road. For the short term? My vote would be for ......

Texas.

WAIT!! WAIT!! Put the guns down and hear me out !

We don't really have any connection to the east coast and central powers. We do, however, have a few with the ten-gallon hat state. We recruit heavily there. We have alum's there. The travel would be relatively easy and affordable.

Perhaps some of those elite-tier teams sometime down the road. For the short term? My vote would be for ......

Texas.

WAIT!! WAIT!! Put the guns down and hear me out !

We don't really have any connection to the east coast and central powers. We do, however, have a few with the ten-gallon hat state. We recruit heavily there. We have alum's there. The travel would be relatively easy and affordable.

aTm would be much more do-able considering the relationships between the ADs if we want to make a Lone Star trip.

Back