What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quit respecting CAL!!!

No "academic insecurities" wasn't exactly the reason to prefer CU over Texas. We like you because you fit well into our master plan to create an all-hippie conference. We add Michigan and maybe a college up in Humboldt County and we can dump Stanford, USC and the rest and split off to form our own league.

p12 needs to pick up Reed College

The one I used is the most popular, right or wrong. It's not like I selected some little known poll to prove a point.

You know Baylor is not an accredited research institution, right?

Its easier to learn intelligent design than molecular biology or physics at **** Baylor.
That "school" graduates lawyers who practice in the state of Texas. And it's a Baptist BYU where coeds major in MRS while collecting a useless diploma as an elementary school educator, which would't be used if they married right.

USN&WR obviously hates science and succumbs to the will of loudmouth lawyers with degrees from Waco.

Had to laugh at this Gem of a post on the Cal board:

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by CalGoingToRoseBowl2014CU fans calling Cal a secondary school? lol the irony is real.

Originally Posted by Going4Roses
i thought CAL was running back u lol

CU alum seem very keen on grouping themselves with elite schools like Cal and distancing themselves from B12 schools and looking down on SEC schools.
However, the USN report rankings, for what it's worth, maybe paints a different picture. CU is tied with Alabama and Denver U at #88. Baylor ranked #71. Cal ranked #20. Stanford ranked #4
Old SWC schools ranked ahead of CU: Rice, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, SMU & Baylor
I think these rankings are mostly bogus, but many people pay attention to the rankings.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/page+8

I'd say almost completely bogus. If you look at the algorithms they use for these rankings, you see what crap they are.

That said, Cal does have some alums that pay too much attention to these rankings and are overly sensitive about them. And depending upon your major and field, a lower ranked school may be a helluva lot better choice than a highly ranked one.

I don't worry about rankings or others that poke fun at Cal, I know Cal is a great public school and that's all I need. And CU has been a fantastic education and experience for my daughter. Everyone's situation, experience, needs are unique, and there are many good schools that the rankings don't judge fairly.

I'd say almost completely bogus. If you look at the algorithms they use for these rankings, you see what crap they are.

That said, Cal does have some alums that pay too much attention to these rankings and are overly sensitive about them. And depending upon your major and field, a lower ranked school may be a helluva lot better choice than a highly ranked one.

I don't worry about rankings or others that poke fun at Cal, I know Cal is a great public school and that's all I need. And CU has been a fantastic education and experience for my daughter. Everyone's situation, experience, needs are unique, and there are many good schools that the rankings don't judge fairly.

dammit.

We need to try harder.

I bet you didn't even get a rejection letter from Stanford. You just got an e-mail with a :rofl2: on it. amirite?

Getting back on subject, the fact CU is underdogs as much against Cal as we were against a MUCH better Arizona State team is a joke. We all know LVH is ran by a CSU Lamb boy and he shows CU no respect. Keep betting on Cal idiot Californians so you can bring more money to Vegas! Buffs are going to trounce the 3 Little Bears.

You know Baylor is not an accredited research institution, right?

Its easier to learn intelligent design than molecular biology or physics at **** Baylor.
That "school" graduates lawyers who practice in the state of Texas. And it's a Baptist BYU where coeds major in MRS while collecting a useless diploma as an elementary school educator, which would't be used if they married right.

USN&WR obviously hates science and succumbs to the will of loudmouth lawyers with degrees from Waco.

You realize I did not create the ranking methodology, right?

dammit.

We need to try harder.

I bet you didn't even get a rejection letter from Stanford. You just got an e-mail with a :rofl2: on it. amirite?

Oh hell no, why would i apply to Furd? Their program sucks in my profession, compared to Cal. I did apply to Wisconsin and CU though....
I could have joined a country club if i wanted after I got my education, no need to go to the Robber Baron's one for school.

Oh hell no, why would i apply to Furd? Their program sucks in my profession, compared to Cal. I did apply to Wisconsin and CU though....
I could have joined a country club if i wanted after I got my education, no need to go to the Robber Baron's one for school.
Who has hotter chicks?

Back