What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quote from Player

azbuff

Club Member
Club Member
Take it for what its worth, from a second party, 'player' leaving Dal Ward after the Wyoming game:

"Its ****ing ridiculous, no one even listens to what he says anymore."

That was after a 24-0 win. :sad1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Quote from a player

Just curious and trying to gauge the seniors' opinion: Was 'player' initally a Barnett contact when he was still in high school? Wonder if he was reluctant but wanted to sign anyway because of loyalty/proximity rather than the Dan's sales pitch.

It's past time for Mike Bohn to take action! Hawkins has lost the football team. Let's go Mike, it's time to see the elephant in the room. Goodbye donations, goodbye revenue. Goodbye to the prestige of the University of Colorado. People will no longer think the that the University of Colorado cares about quality in any of its programs as long as it tolerates Dan Hawkins. This is serious stuff. The only coach who has a lower winning percentage than Dan Hawkins in over 100 years of Colorado Football history is Chuck Fairbanks. Fairbanks was 7-26 in three years for a 0.212 percentage. Hawkins is 14-27 in three-plus years for 0.341 percentage. If Hawkins is given enough time he might challenge Fiarbanks for the worst winning percentage in Colorado Football history. What are these guys (Bohn and DiStefano) waiting for?

Just curious and trying to gauge the seniors' opinion: Was player initally a Barnett contact when he was still in high school? Wonder if he was reluctant but wanted to sign anyway because of loyalty/proximity rather than the Dan's sales pitch.

He signed in 2005 when Barnett was still the coach. He is a Colorado kid.

this **** is why they hate us internet sCUm at Dal Ward. However, not blasting you for posting it. Just hope it doesn't hurt 'player'. He had a bad game v Toledo, but I love the kid!

Its fine, SnowBuff, I know the post sucks. I just didn't want it to get buried at the end of some other post.

GO BUFFS!

this **** is why they hate us internet sCUm at Dal Ward. However, not blasting you for posting it. Just hope it doesn't hurt the player. He had a bad game v Toledo, but I love the kid!

It's alright. The players read netbuffs.

Take it for what its worth, from a second party, player leaving Dal Ward after the Wyoming game:

and out of context, we don't know if he was talking about his history professor or Glen Beck, do we?

It doesn't matter what he said or who he was talking about. It may not have anything to do with football. But I'll stand by my comments above.

Take it for what its worth, from a second party,player leaving Dal Ward after the Wyoming game:

Not loven you putting a player on the hot seat. Might be better in you said that a player said it and not refer to him by name. IMO

Just an FYI - I am pulling out the players name. Since this is rumor, unoffical, and out of context, I figure that we should protect the player from blowback a bit.

why remove the quote though if the name has been removed? If things are this ****ed up then its obvious something needs to take place here.

No problem AZ. Just figured that it wasn't really fair to the player in this case

So who said this?

And for once I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I would appreciate if someone would PM me on who said it. I know a lot of players on the team and have heard some of my own things, I just want to know if it is from someone new or someone I had already heard from.

EDIT: Got it. Thank you to the two who responded.

Last edited:
Back