What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quote from Sefo

Take your own advice and put them on ignore.
On a side tangent, putting someone on ignore is much easier now. I have Tini there right now, and had the 90's CU player there for a bit, until I found out he was a NC Buff. That lets someone get to say what they want IMO, so he came off the ignore list. And then I liked his posts better with the new context.

On a side tangent, putting someone on ignore is much easier now. I have Tini there right now, and had the 90's CU player there for a bit, until I found out he was a NC Buff. That lets someone get to say what they want IMO, so he came off the ignore list. And then I liked his posts better with the new context.

I haven't used it yet but with the buffscoooop invasion I'm not sure how much more I can take without leaving this place.

Just click on my name and a box pops up with info, one of the choices is 'Ignore'. Easy peasy. Borracho has made it there too. Allbuffs is much better without some of the newbies with agends and Tini's blind 'cup is overflowing and self-filling' optimism. I like him, but shouting down all the people last week who were worried and then still correcting their misguided ways this week meant I needed a break from his posts for a bit.

Just click on my name and a box pops up with info, one of the choices is 'Ignore'. Easy peasy. Borracho has made it there too. Allbuffs is much better without some of the newbies with agends and Tini's blind 'cup is overflowing and self-filling' optimism. I like him, but shouting down all the people last week who were worried and then still correcting their misguided ways this week meant I needed a break from his posts for a bit.
I'm not ignoring you, I like you. But thanks for the shortcut advice.

It's a good thing if he blames himself. I have no doubt about his desire. His ability worries me.

I think he has "ability." I just don't think he has that intangible that great QB's have. I'm not sure how you even describe it. That "It" factor or "football IQ" thing. Decision making under duress, maybe.

this is actually good to hear.
He didn't blame coaches or the refs or anything else.
He knew he didn't deliver. that's the first sign of a leader....take responisibility for everything that you can control.

I'm actually thinking that we need to wait and see what happens over the next three games before losing our collective minds.
However, I think we're going ot have a real rough time with CSU again this year.

I think he has "ability." I just don't think he has that intangible that great QB's have. I'm not sure how you even describe it. That "It" factor or "football IQ" thing. Decision making under duress, maybe.
I fear the same the same thing. I would really like to see us focus on the run. Have him be a Pesavento-type QB that's not asked to do too much.

I actually do question his desire. Somebody with actual desire wouldn't have let what happened last Thursday happen. Somebody with a drive to win would have had a much better sense of urgency to win and make plays. Sefo still just goes through the motions. Need 10 yards for a first down? Take 8, you'll always have another shot, right?

Infuriating.

I sure want my starting QB taking big and unnecessary shots in the first game the season.

Can't wait to see Gehrke!

I sure want my starting QB taking big and unnecessary shots in the first game the season.

Can't wait to see Gehrke!
Don't want to show too much in the preseason - these games don't count anyway right? We'll start playing for real when the conference games start.

I fear the same the same thing. I would really like to see us focus on the run. Have him be a Pesavento-type QB that's not asked to do too much.
That sounds great in theory, but do you see this OL moving anybody around to create a running lane? Me either.

this is actually good to hear.
He didn't blame coaches or the refs or anything else.
He knew he didn't deliver. that's the first sign of a leader....take responisibility for everything that you can control.

I'm actually thinking that we need to wait and see what happens over the next three games before losing our collective minds.
However, I think we're going ot have a real rough time with CSU again this year.

The problem is this is not the first time that he has had the it's my fault press conference due to a poor performance.

Let's be honest-the ability he has shown to date is average. And he lacks the "it" factor like you say. Not a great combo.

A poster on rivals does a good job of play breakdowns for games. He did the first two series and last series of the Hawaii game.

I think Sefo did a good job on getting yardage with his legs in the game on the times protection broke down. However, we did an exceptionally horrendous job of reading blitzes. So many times we had guys running wide open with simple read and reaction. Some of this had to do with the type of pressure Sefo was getting, so not all his fault. However, simple reads on the blitzes everyone could see see coming needed to be made. Just baffling and I hope it is fixed right away, or we will lose the next game. I fully expect Umass to implement the same game plan on D.

And on top of that, they've had a LONG time to prep for Umass, so there's no excuses to repeat what we saw last Thursday night.

There were no excuses for what we saw last week. Seeing it again would just be rubbing salt in the wound.

A poster on rivals does a good job of play breakdowns for games. He did the first two series and last series of the Hawaii game.

I think Sefo did a good job on getting yardage with his legs in the game on the times protection broke down. However, we did an exceptionally horrendous job of reading blitzes. So many times we had guys running wide open with simple read and reaction. Some of this had to do with the type of pressure Sefo was getting, so not all his fault. However, simple reads on the blitzes everyone could see see coming needed to be made. Just baffling and I hope it is fixed right away, or we will lose the next game. I fully expect Umass to implement the same game plan on D.

I am one who for some reason likes punishment, so I re-watched the game using the slow motion on DVR (huge advantage over live game speed). When watching the replay, I came up with a few questions:

- Is Sefo being taught to do a pre-read of the defense?
- Is Sefo able to communicate route adjustments with WR/TE based on the defensive look?
- Once the play is called, is that play set in stone?

As I watched, Sefo seemed to focus on the formation of the buffs, without seeming to give a good look as to what the defense was doing. Case in point on 3rd and 6, with Hawaii showing heavy blitz on his right, Sefo focuses on getting the RB on his left. At the snap a jail break of Hawaii D-line men come charging from the right, and just behind them Devon Ross is jumping up and down waiving cause he is un-covered. Sefo rolls left without ever looking right and is tackled as he throws the ball. Had he focused a bit on the pre-read, he should have seen that if all the Hawaii blitzers come Ross was going to be alone.

There are several other examples, of similar things where the pre-snap read should have shown him what to key on, and then adjust based on what happens.

Another thing I noticed is that early on (1Q) it looked like Sefo was trying to force the ball left. I'm not sure if this is due to all the reports that he isn't as good throwing left as he is right, and wanted to come out and prove he could. On several plays in the first 3 series the read / hot route was to the right, and the whole time he focused left causing him to miss wide open receivers.

Like a Montana, Brady type it, I agree that he doesn't. Also agree with Duff that his ability is average. His deep ball is lousy.

Back