What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie is in EASports NCAA Football 2012

I haven't bought a football game since EA signed the exclusive NFL and NCAA contracts. I hated Madden on the old Xbox. I was a hard core 2K Sports player from the original NFL 2K on the Dreamcast through NFL 2K5 on Xbox (which I still play from time to time). The controls were so much more responsive compared to Madden. On 2K I felt almost like I was really playing instead of just calling plays. The graphics were much better, too. The player models and motion capture looked so much more natural. Maybe I'll rent 2012 to see what has changed over the last few years.

2K Sports decided to sell NFL 2K5 for just $19.99. It got great reviews and put a major dent in EA's Madden sales. EA responded by eliminating the competition instead of putting out a better product or lowering their price. Now there is a class action lawsuit in progress.

From the 2K5 Wikipedia page:

I hope the suit is successful.

I hear ya...Madden easily could have been better but I will defend EA Sports on the college football series...they have done A LOT of work on that series and I personally feel that NCAA FB series is the better football game of the duo.

I want to clear one major misconception about the EA Sports exclusive license: The NFL approached the EA Sports about the exclusive deal not EA Sports approaching the NFL. Football gamers should be angry with the NFL not EA Sports.

I received an email the other day about the class action suit letting me know i was a party in it. I'll take my $0.18 check to the bank!

I want to clear one major misconception about the EA Sports exclusive license: The NFL approached the EA Sports about the exclusive deal not EA Sports approaching the NFL. Football gamers should be angry with the NFL not EA Sports.

Source?

Not what I heard. and frankly, EA has increased NCAA at a snails pace compared to Madden. The gameplay languishing year after year (or just being completely redone with new ways of having the same problem) is driving me nuts

Not what I heard. and frankly, EA has increased NCAA at a snails pace compared to Madden. The gameplay languishing year after year (or just being completely redone with new ways of having the same problem) is driving me nuts

Having not played any other football games, I have no idea what you are talking about. How is gameplay better in madden?

You can look that up yourself...that was confirmed by Peter Moore who is the president of EA Sports in countless interviews. The NFL ultimately made the decision to grant that exculsive license and the NFL deserves the blame in that situation.

The good news is that it seems like the MLB exclusive deal with 2K Sports will not be renewed so hopefully it remains open and EA Sports is doing a MLB game for Facebook. Sony is still allowed to make their own MLB games for the Playstation line of game systems.

Having not played any other football games, I have no idea what you are talking about. How is gameplay better in madden?

Madden gameplay is generally far more advanced in NCAA. a year or 2. Things like QB accuracy being divided up into short, medium, and long etc. have been on madden for 2 years now and still have not come to NCAA.

You can look that up yourself...

Okay. Here is the first story I found.

The deal, one EA admits to having lobbied for over the past few years, is an exclusive five-year licensing deal granting EA the sole rights to the NFL's teams, stadiums, and players.

The notion that EA wasn't lobbying for this as soon as they started to perceive NFL2K as a real threat is laughable. I have always blamed EA and the NFL. I hate all anti-competitive deals such as this.

Another Video
[video]http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ncaa-football-12/video/6309619/ncaa-football-12--college-presentation-improvements-trailer[/video]

This, I like to hear. Apparently, we have a FOOTBALL czar now!:
"Fundamentally, you'll see improved collisions, and significant improvements to the defensive AI," Weber said, and indeed, the AI tuning and these collisions - less of the "suction" tackles caused by certain animations - have been touted for Madden's Tiburon sibling, NCAA Football, which Weber also oversees. "We've also done a lot of work on how players perform throughout the game; we're diving deeper into how they perform as the momentum of a game changes. You'll see a ton of improvements in our Franchise and Superstar modes. And we'll have a new feature in how our players play the game online as well. But I can't get into more detail than that."
Twice as many people will be working on core gameplay for both games. Madden and NCAA retain their own teams of designers, producers and animators, focusing on the features that differentiate them.

Pretty excited to see the next few years of the franchise.

http://kotaku.com/#!5794980/ea-sports-football-czar-opens-with-a-two+month-drill

You can only imagine what EA Sports can come up with for the Playstation version of NCAA FB thanks to the bluray disc unless they offer a downloadable version of the game over both PSN and XBL.

NCAAFB12ColoradoRalphie.jpg

Hmmm, don't like that. At least the team on the field (in the game) will be improved over last year (83 overall/85 O/79 D)

Better kick ass year 1, cause years 2 and 3 are gonna be PAINFUL until the new recruits come in. Just like real life :lol: :cry:

Weak. Isn't the * system based on recruiting?
Yeah, it's just an EA Sports shoot from the hip, here's what we think observation-type thing. But we were 3 stars last year, and I think we were 5 stars years ago when the game first included recruiting.

Thanks, Hawk.

Yeah, it's just an EA Sports shoot from the hip, here's what we think observation-type thing. But we were 3 stars last year, and I think we were 5 stars years ago when the game first included recruiting.

Thanks, Hawk.
Yet another reason to hate him, was awesome seeing CU be a 4/5* prestige program in the NCAA 2000's...

I'm flat out impressed with the work that EA Sports has put in for this year's game.

* Customizable leagues
* Customizable conferences
* Many other things

I'm picking this game up on July 12th for sure and I have called off buying more PS3 games because NCAA FB 12 will be taking up all that playing time so I will focus more on buying games through the Playstation Store once it is back on this coming Tuesday.

I get our letter grades, but the 2* thing is a fraking travesty, especially considering some of the schools they gave 3*s to (South Florida, Illinois, Syracuse, SMU, Cinniati, on and on). Pissed.

Back