What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ralphie Report Fundraiser

If you did it here on allbuffs, how much would that run?

We could set up an online donation link to pay for it.

It really depends on what a client wanted done, and what level share of voice the client wanted. The primary cost comes from buying media, I could probably get the infrastructure set up and tested for a client like the AD in 2-3 days and it would take probably $500-$1,000 to test it out and optimize it properly. From there at the $500 a month level I could grab all the easy low hanging fruit on the social side. I'd also recommend some sequential marketing and basic control of search terms, depending on the client's current traffic levels that could be similar in cost for the testing and maintenance.

The advantage we have going in is that I've already tested most of this **** out on this site so I'd have very little optimization to do specific to CU athletics and could fairly easily get things off the ground, from there it is just a question of what do they want to commit to it.

they really need Jens to tech them how to be conversational on social media.

THIS. They have never even acknowledged me (@RalphieReport) on Twitter. What about you guys?

By all means, CU, ignore the guy that might have a few CU followers of his own. Drives me nuts.

THIS. They have never even acknowledged me (@RalphieReport) on Twitter. What about you guys?

By all means, CU, ignore the guy that might have a few CU followers of his own. Drives me nuts.

we've been acknowledged a couple times by CU accounts, but I don't ever think by the main account.

It really depends on what a client wanted done, and what level share of voice the client wanted. The primary cost comes from buying media, I could probably get the infrastructure set up and tested for a client like the AD in 2-3 days and it would take probably $500-$1,000 to test it out and optimize it properly. From there at the $500 a month level I could grab all the easy low hanging fruit on the social side. I'd also recommend some sequential marketing and basic control of search terms, depending on the client's current traffic levels that could be similar in cost for the testing and maintenance.

The advantage we have going in is that I've already tested most of this **** out on this site so I'd have very little optimization to do specific to CU athletics and could fairly easily get things off the ground, from there it is just a question of what do they want to commit to it.

wow the cost of hiring kids in Bangladesh has really gone up in recent years.

$1360 in just a few days. I would love for this to hit $5k or so by the end of the month just to show the AD what could be possible if they would develop any type of fundraising plan.

$1360 in just a few days. I would love for this to hit $5k or so by the end of the month just to show the AD what could be possible if they would develop any type of fundraising plan.

I am also worried they will half ass something because it is so easy to get money.

I am also worried they will half ass something because it is so easy to get money.

Make no mistake, it will be half ass, but half ass is better than no ass

halfassed.jpg

but they already do nothing. How do you half ass nothing? And it isn't easy to get money. It's hard. As it stands, we've raised about 2 weeks of Ralphie's yearly budget. How does that stand against the football budget? Or the facilities fund? We did a kick ass job, and will continue to push the effort, but let's not pretend that this is a major fundraising push. It isn't, and wasn't meant to be. It's a modest push to show that the AD can and should do better. This and all the commente will be sent to the new AD, or maybe to Ceal. That's the point

but they already do nothing. How do you half ass nothing? And it isn't easy to get money. It's hard. As it stands, we've raised about 2 weeks of Ralphie's yearly budget. How does that stand against the football budget? Or the facilities fund? We did a kick ass job, and will continue to push the effort, but let's not pretend that this is a major fundraising push. It isn't, and wasn't meant to be. It's a modest push to show that the AD can and should do better. This and all the commente will be sent to the new AD, or maybe to Ceal. That's the point

Fundraising is especially hard when you appear to be a vision-less rudderless organization....

This needs another goal. Like $2500 by Sunday. Ralphie organizer should coordinate a different "prize" if we reach $2.5k, 5k etc

This needs another goal. Like $2500 by Sunday. Ralphie organizer should coordinate a different "prize" if we reach $2.5k, 5k etc

Or run an other $1000 goal for Track and Field; an other for Soccer, or a specific scholarship, or whatever.

That'd be a big improvement compared to our current set up: Phil DS on a corner with an empty bucket and a cardboard sign that reads "It's the fans fault".

Is that Phil on the corner of Baseline and Broadway? I always avoided eye contact.

Is that Phil on the corner of Baseline and Broadway? I always avoided eye contact.

Not enough info. Are you talking about the ineffective beggar over the overturned car on the sidewalk with a bottle of Jim Beam on the dashboard.

Basically, CU needs to fund a kickstarter campaign.

With the amazing job that CU_Video does, I think they could make one hell of a campaign video for the facilities upgrades. I don't know why they haven't been brought in to help... well... I know why, it just still doesn't make any sense to me.

It would take just 1,000 people paying $1,000 each to raise $1 million.
It would take just 2,000 people paying $500.00 each to raise $1 million.
It would take just 4,000 people paying $250.00 each to raise $1 million.
It would take just 8,000 people paying $125.00 each to raise $1 million.
It would take just 10,000 people paying $100.00 each to raise $1 million.

And if there are 50,000 people at Folsom Field paying $20.00 each, that's $1 million!
And if there are 100,000 living alumns, it would just take $10.00 each for a cool million.

And if you do this every month, that's $12 million easily raised right there! If that same 50,000 people donated $20.00 every two weeks, that's nearly $25 million raised in one year!!! Wouldn't that $25 million cover the annual bond payments to build all those facilities?

What's my point here in addition to other people on this board? Make it EASY to donate to a SPECIFIC thing. Convince the people that if they gave up a small amount of money in a specific time frame, raising that amount of money would be so easy you couldn't believe it!

That is how Obama was able to raise money when he ran for president in 2008.

Back