What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RR Ralphie Report: The Colorado fan’s guide for betting during Buffaloes versus UCLA

RSSBot

News Junkie
Colorado v Arizona State

Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Some of Vegas’ odds look mighty tempting for CU fans

The Buffs return to action for the first time in two weeks today when they head to the Rose Bowl to face UCLA. Coach Prime and his team are the most bet on college team in the country, so let’s take a look at some of the lines and props. A couple of the lines that Vegas has set look very tempting to throw a couple bucks on, so I’ll walk you through what I think would be some good bets to make before the game

Tip 1: Stay away from CU moneyline if possible.

Truthfully, I don’t think it’s worth it to bet on Colorado moneyline at +350. UCLA is the 23rd best team in the country and I think there's a very low chance the Buffs actually come away with the victory. CU don’t match up very well against the Bruins. UCLA has an elite defense that should make it difficult for quarterback Shedeur Sanders to move the ball. Colorado likely won’t be able to establish a strong run game, meaning they’ll be fighting an uphill battle all game. Buffs moneyline is just a bit too risky and there's plenty of better things to bet on that are less risky.

Tip 2: Bet the under.

As of now, the over/under is set at 61.5 points. I think betting the under is a slam-dunk option. 61.5 points is ridiculously high for this game. Colorado’s offense will be facing off against an extremely good defense, which should greatly reduce their scoring capabilities. UCLA has allowed the seventh least points of any team in the entire country. As for UCLA’s offense, they don't even have a quarterback. After quarterback Dante Moore got banged up last week, the Bruins are unsure who is going to start behind center. Unless Colorado’s defense absolutely collapses like it did against Stanford, they should be able to hold UCLA to around 30 points (hopefully). If I was to bet on anything for this game, It’d be the under on total points scored.

Tip 3: Don’t bet on any Colorado running back to score a touchdown.

The Buffs’ running back room has been pretty turbulent this season. Between Dylan Edwards, Anthony Hankerson, and Alton McCaskill, you never know who Deion is going to give the touches to until the game starts. The Buffs use all three running backs a good amount, so betting on one single back to score a touchdown is a big risk. Against Stanford, Colorado’s RBs all got about equal touches. Putting your eggs in one basket with these running backs is just a bad idea. To add to that, UCLA’s run defense is top notch. The Bruins are ranked second in the country in rushing yards allowed, so expect more passing than usual.

Tip 4: Bet on Michael Harrison to score a touchdown.

Instead of betting on CU’s running backs, this is where you should put your money. Colorado’s tight end has developed a knack for finding the end zone. Harrison has scored four touchdowns so far this season and that +250 anytime scorer line looks very friendly. Harrison wasn’t super involved in that Stanford game, so expect him to be ready to get back into the mix against UCLA. Harrison anytime scorer prop is one of the sneaky good lines this week, so get in on it while you can.

Tip 5: Bet the over on Shedeur passing touchdowns.

Some sports books have the over/under for Shedeur Sanders passing touchdowns as 1.5, which is ludicrously low. There’s only been one game so far this season that Shedeur has thrown under 1.5 touchdowns and it was in their blowout loss to Oregon. Their is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Colorado quarterback will throw at least two passing touchdowns. Sanders had a rough second half against Stanford and a full two weeks of rest, so he should be on his A-Game against the Bruins. Fanduel has Shedeur throwing over 1.5 touchdown passes at a line of -188, so take advantage of the sports books sleeping on the Buffs’ QB.

BONUS: Wyoming moneyline is a very enticing.

The Wyoming Cowboys are currently pegged as underdogs to Boise State with a +170 moneyline. So far this season, Wyoming has been the ultimate trap game for a lot of teams. The Pokes beat Texas Tech at home and gave the Texas a run for their money. Boise State isn’t as good as people think, as they lost in embarrassing fashion to CSU a couple weeks ago. Vegas is greatly over estimating Boise State and underestimating Wyoming, as their moneylines should honestly be flipped. If I was going to bet on another game other than CU vs. UCLA, this would be it.

by RylandScholes
Continue reading...

Back