What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rammies not looking good in scrimmage

Looks like the csu football team saved their hitting for the streets of Fort Fun.

Notice the "" around "rival". Who else is our rival? We don't play NU anymore. We all will forever hate NU, but it's tough to consider someone our rival when we rarely play anymore. The CSU fans, all 13 of them, have made it somewhat of a rivalry.

I see your point. But the problem for me with the CSU game is that I never feel like a win is a big deal except that it avoided a loss... which is horrific for us in this series. I'll celebrate any Pac-12 win a lot more than I will a CSU win.

Was anyone here as fired up after we beat CSU last year as he was after the Arizona or Utah wins? Wasn't even close for me. That makes it really hard for me to think of it as a rivalry.

I see your point. But the problem for me with the CSU game is that I never feel like a win is a big deal except that it avoided a loss... which is horrific for us in this series. I'll celebrate any Pac-12 win a lot more than I will a CSU win.

Was anyone here as fired up after we beat CSU last year as he was after the Arizona or Utah wins? Wasn't even close for me. That makes it really hard for me to think of it as a rivalry.
I was only fired up after because the dumb bitch that got in my face on the lightrail shut the **** up but no, I despise the game and agree it does us no good.

Apparently the 2 victims are pretty busted up. It'll be interesting to see how McElwhine handles this. Set an example or let it fly?

I consider CSU a rival. However, it rarely feels like a 'big' win... it is more a sense of relief that we didn't blow it.

That being said - There is plenty of emotion in the game for me.... I have plenty of family and friends who have gone to CSU. That, and the fact that both teams vie for the Denver market drives up the stakes.

Will be very curious how coach McElwain handles this latest incident.... two of his best players involved again - Orakpo and Capi. That is 2 major 'fights' in 2 months. The first was a KNIFE FIGHT on St. Patty's. The second is this one last night (allegedly).

[video]http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1552002884001[/video]

Damn, CSU football is sliding ever faster toward rock bottom. Things would be ugly in the Fort if anyone cared.

What annoys me - and I realize this is petty - is the fact that the Denver Post hasn't run an article on it, just like they didn't run an article on the St. Patty's day knife fights.

Wow, that guy flat sold it out. I thought Capi could leave this behind by getting out of Orlando. I am disappointed he could not.

What annoys me - and I realize this is petty - is the fact that the Denver Post hasn't run an article on it, just like they didn't run an article on the St. Patty's day knife fights.

Not petty at all. Our players' transgressions are displayed prominently in the paper. The same standard is not applied to CSU. It could be that we have a higher profile program, but I'm not convinced that's the only reason.

It is annoying. Sipili and Kotoa both had their exploits prominently displayed in the media (and they deserved it). A little consistentcy would be nice.

From what I am seeing, it appears that the assault that occurred on Friday was a planned retaliation by the football players against the kids from the St. Patty's day incident. In the SEC this would be business as usual, gonna be interesting to see how CSU handles what should be at least a season long suspension against these players when they know they desperately need them for any prayer against their most hated rival on opening day.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/261646/339/Police-look-for-suspects-in-Fort-Collins-assault

It is annoying. Sipili and Kotoa both had their exploits prominently displayed in the media (and they deserved it). A little consistentcy would be nice.

Sipili and Katoa continue to have their exploits prominently displayed in the local papers years after the fact.

On the bright side their QBs may live through the next scrimmage. :lol:

If it is truly retaliation, then these guys need to be booted from school

CSU has little to no claim to any market.

looking at their attendance figures and the fact that nobody watches them if they are on TV.

They have a small core of fans who are as rabid as any team has but that core is to small to support a D1 team. The rest of their "fans" basically only care if CSU is playing CU, otherwise they can't be bothered. For their supposed long-time rival Wyoming they had an announced attendance of 17,000. Their own core fans estimated that there were less than 10,000 in the stadium, this including Wyoming fans who may have been half the people there.

If the CU game is a "home" game that game may equal their attendance for the rest of their home schedule. This game is that important to them because they want to pretend like they are a big time program. Without the CU game they have no games that can get the attention of their fans or anyone else in Colorado. They also are completely dependant on the money they get from the game. They aren't making money on home ticket sales, their media revenues are between 2-3 million. If they can make $300,000 on the CU game that is a critical piece of their budget.

CSU in on the verge of being pushed down into the FCS level. Their attendance continues to decline, they don't have the money or other resources to reverse their slide. They have three straight 3-9 seasons in a bad league. That league is falling apart around them and despite their wishfull thinking they aren't getting invited to join the Big XII or any other AQ level league. The CU game is part of their last grasp to stay a BCS level program, at least in name.

Holy crap - these kids got their ass beat

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...rt-Collins?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Four CSU freshmen are recovering from injuries they say they suffered at the fists and feet of fellow students and university football players following a late-night party in Fort Collins."It wasn't really much of a fight. It was basically just a beating," said freshman John 'JD' Haley, 19, who suffered a black eye, cuts and bruises while trying to protect his friend during the attack. "I've never seen anyone so mad, so violent. The kid was on a rampage."

bilde

Back