What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rammies not looking good in scrimmage

I really hope Mtn is cutting and pasting his CSU posts by now.

No, just lobbying in the wrong place.

I don't wish ill on CSU, I did grad school there. I just think that the only thing keeping them in BCS level football is stubborness.

I would like to see them do well, it isn't going to happen on this level. I have no doubt that they could save millions of dollars to put better places and be a very successful program at the FCS level.

No, just lobbying in the wrong place.

I don't wish ill on CSU, I did grad school there. I just think that the only thing keeping them in BCS level football is stubborness.

I would like to see them do well, it isn't going to happen on this level. I have no doubt that they could save millions of dollars to put better places and be a very successful program at the FCS level.

They aren't in BCS level football.... they're clinging to the collapsing MWC

Holy crap - these kids got their ass beat

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/2...rt-Collins?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

bilde
[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Denyability is pretty well gone at this point. Will the court take the decision out of McElwain's hands. Even if they don't does the school tell him that the involved players are gone. In his favor he is still new enough to blame this stuff on the past staff and let it be another excuse for this years bad record.

They aren't in BCS level football.... they're clinging to the collapsing MWC

We know that but they aren't willing to admit it. They are still thinking that if they build a 45,000 seat stadium on campus all their problems will magically dissappear.

If they get the stadium then they will move onto the next magical thing to make themselves important and big-time.

I don't see how they can stay on the team. A knife fight a month ago, and then assault? I think Orakpo was suspended last year for some off-the-filed incidents as well (or maybe it was Sisson, not sure)

If you read the article, you can see that these 4 guys actually feared for the life of the dude on the right. Apparently some vicious assaults on the head. I mean, this sounds like felony level stuff right here. Similar to Lynn Katoa.... and he was off the team in the blink of an eye.

As I said - we are going to get a really good sense of the values and priorities that McElwhine and their AD have as they sort through this.

I don't see how they can stay on the team. A knife fight a month ago, and then assault? I think Orakpo was suspended last year for some off-the-filed incidents as well (or maybe it was Sisson, not sure)

If you read the article, you can see that these 4 guys actually feared for the life of the dude on the right. Apparently some vicious assaults on the head. I mean, this sounds like felony level stuff right here. Similar to Lynn Katoa.... and he was off the team in the blink of an eye.

As I said - we are going to get a really good sense of the values and priorities that McElwhine and their AD have as they sort through this.

And it is bad enough that it may force itself into a more prominent place in the Denver media. If Buffs players had done this . . . . . . ? The CSU hard core fans love to talk about the thugs and criminals in Boulder. This is going to be a hard pill to swallow if it gets even some of the attention it deserves.

Saw this on Ramnation and got a chuckle

#2 - this type of stuff would NOT result in 12 game suspensions at UCB
our sister flagship BCS school. Remember we saw 3 Fball
players "maime & do brain injury" to a fellow student who was taking up
for a femaile student... and the starters got suspended for a few games
each. The non-starter got more punishment.

Saw this on Ramnation and got a chuckle

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Sipili missed an entire season. Kotoa never played. Duren was kicked off the team. Givens was kicked off the team. All were related to drinking, fighting, etc.

In support of the Ram fans on Ramnation, most of them are appalled and think the kids should be tossed.

You've got to think the players involved will at least be suspended for the opener. That's all I really care about.

You've got to think the players involved will at least be suspended for the opener. That's all I really care about.

Yeah - losing their 2 best players will pretty much neuter their team. If they are gone, I would expect a game like we had 2 years ago. Brutally boring, where the Buffs cruise to a workmanlike victory.

In support of the Ram fans on Ramnation, most of them are appalled and think the kids should be tossed.

Agreed.

This story is starting to get legs now that the severity is starting to become clear. I don't see how the 3 players involved could possibly avoid major punishment for this, I think this is getting past the point where the HC can keep it "in house".

Yeah - losing their 2 best players will pretty much neuter their team. If they are gone, I would expect a game like we had 2 years ago. Brutally boring, where the Buffs cruise to a workmanlike victory.

I'm thinking we win 44-3 this year.

So, the "holier than thou" university seems to have the same problems as the rest of the world. Imagine that.

So, the "holier than thou" university seems to have the same problems as the rest of the world. Imagine that.

Historically, CSU has much more trouble keeping their players out of trouble than CU does. They had something like five players arrested last year after that goofy pool party went awry.

Historically, CSU has much more trouble keeping their players out of trouble than CU does. They had something like five players arrested last year after that goofy pool party went awry.

But the Denver media pretty much ignored the Frosty Rucker situation and some other events that would have had Buffs on the front page or leading off 9News.

But the Denver media pretty much ignored the Frosty Rucker situation and some other events that would have had Buffs on the front page or leading off 9News.

They also ignore UNC, Mines, etc. That tells me that the Denver media puts CSU on just about the same level as those other schools.

I'm not sure either school really wants to get into the "which school has had more issues with the law" debate.

(It is funny to see some of the more sanctimonious members of that fanbase struggling though)

Sounds like roid rage to me. Bunch of players all juiced up trying to get bigger in the offseason, someone makes a stupid comment and the players explode with violence. the NCAA needs to test those players right away.

Sounds like roid rage to me. Bunch of players all juiced up trying to get bigger in the offseason, someone makes a stupid comment and the players explode with violence. the NCAA needs to test those players right away.
Lot of supposition.

Back