What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rams Message Board: "Puffs" are soft, Pete says he's gonna shred us

Let them talk. They've earned it. Remember, they kicked the dog out of us last year. They have scoreboard. Until proven otherwise, CSU is the better team.

1. Good strategy, I assume Rex Ryan is their defensive coordinator?

2. Their RBs went from their worst unit to their second best by moving a guy to WR? Sweet.

3. SF probably is a better game day coach.

4. Considering we didn't even offer their 1st team QB, I hope this isn't true.

5. Well that doesn't sound pleasant. Luckily we have been working on the little things like which route to run and things of that sort.

6. Hawk should be fired on the spot if that is true.

7. I don't think our post Toledo D was average at all. It was pretty good imo. As long as Brown didn't take that defense with him to Arizona, we should be able to confuse the almighty Pistol Pete.

8. This is probably true, if we're down 14-0 after the first quarter I'll definitely be setting fire to the bandwagon before jumping off.

9. Well jeez, what's the secret? Obviously this offseason we somehow got worse, slower, and less talented from last year.

#9 Is just dumb...but whatever.

And funny they should mention bandwagoners jumping off. they are only 18 days away from being strictly Bronco fans whether they win or lose against CU.

That entire post is actually pretty damm funny.

I'm trying to figure out why Rammie fans think Fairchild is such a great coach. He's coming off 9 straight losses from a team that was filled with senior starters, including the most experienced OL in the country. By the end of the year, it had gotten so bad that they lost to that Wyoming team we handled so easily.

I think most realized that the recruiting had gotten so bad under Sonny that it was just going to take time to get the roster back in decent shape. I can only speak for myself, but I actually see a 2-3 year window opening starting next season based on recent recruiting results whereby CSU can get back into the top half of the conference and possibly compete for a conference title soon. If that doesn't come to pass - I think Fairchild will start taking some heat.

This.

It's a standard tactic employed by a lot of teams. OU would do this all the time. They'd take a penalty on the first series by absolutely blowing up the other team's QB. The QB wouldn't be worth squat after that. Ir only works against young QBs, though. Try that stuff against a Jr or Sr and not only will you give up the 15 yards in the penalty, but you'll just make the guy mad.

It would be how I would approach the game. Send Sipili on a blitz and just freaking bury the kid. Don't worry about it being a late hit, just hit him - HARD.

No doubt, lower the boom on his ass. Id say knock his ****ing helmet off but that happens 25 times a game in football these days lol.

They think fairchild is a mutton loving god because he won their one game season.

The goats are delusional. Too bad our idiot coach only added fuel to their fire last year. Somehow, I think the players pull off a win despite the crappy coaching staff (Cabral and others excluded, of course).

Petey has a LOT to prove before I will give him any credit other than being the kid CU didn't want. Anyone who saw the scrimmage last week in person can easily see that Hirsh is the real deal and will have a birght future at CU (and we have the luxury of redshirting him barring a major catastrophe).

I am definitely stupified at the confidence of the Rams at this point. No memory of the 9 game skid against some pretty bad competition in the Moutain West (and some good) at all? If anyone knows the bad that can come from losing seniors and starting inexperienced kids it is us Buff fans. Granted, the ineptitude of our coaching has made the past few years MUCH worse than it had to be IMHO, but there is a lot of truth to the fact that experience helps.

i saw the scrimmage last week and i don't know if Hirsch is the "real deal" or even what "real deal" means....is unclear to me. he looked OK. in a year or two he could be a legit BCS QB. not sure he's Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy who were good as FR. He's not that. But, he's got a chance. to me that sounds more like "the real deal". He's no threat to beat you with his legs, tell you that much. He's in the Bobby Pez mold, there.

When I say real deal - I mean he is obviously a talented QB and looks to be much more polished than anyone we have had come in as a QB in quite some time. He obviously is well trained and you can see that he will develop into a very solid QB for CU. I agree - he is a pocket passer based upon what we saw, but I saw him show some patience and saw him going through progressions. A pretty damn good start but he will benefit greatly by having a few years of learning in a BCS program.

I haven't seen Petey play yet, but I am very happy with what I saw from Hirsch and have confidence that the coaches made a good decision.

Keep in mind that last year was the year that Dan thought we were so advanced it was time for player groupings. Gawd that ****ed us in the first few games. Wouldnt be surprised to see it again. We should be able to kick lammie ass straight up without the tricks, but Dan probably has some hare-brained scheme to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Bump

I'm bored. There is no one here today so I decided to look at last years conference expansion articles. I didn't find one but I did find this. It made me laugh.

Pete actually made 33 completions. I did not realize - but he truly did "shred" us.

Unfortunately all of his passes were for like 3 yards each.

Bump

I'm bored. There is no one here today so I decided to look at last years conference expansion articles. I didn't find one but I did find this. It made me laugh.

you could have bumped the clock thread since that clock is now a classic collector's item... the value of thay clock just skyrocketed!

Bump

The CU game is the start, end, and all important for them. It is their season. Had they beat the Buffs last year and still gone 3-9, for most Rams fans it would have been a good and satisfying season.

They start the season at New Mexico, a terrible team but playing at home against a bad CSU team a likely loss for the Rams. Two weeks later they have the Buffs game which will then get their full attention. It would be hilarious if they overlooked their game against UNC and got beat. UNC is a middle of the road FCS team but they may be looking at CSU as a chance to gain credibility and notice in Colorado. Lots of their players will have a chip on their shoulders because they thought they should have been recruited by CSU. In short this game sets up for CSU a lot like the CSU game sets up for the Buffs. One team with a lot more talent but a lot less to play for against a team with less talent but a lot to play for.

What kind of disaster would it be for CSU to lose to UNC?

The CU game is the start, end, and all important for them. It is their season. Had they beat the Buffs last year and still gone 3-9, for most Rams fans it would have been a good and satisfying season.

They start the season at New Mexico, a terrible team but playing at home against a bad CSU team a likely loss for the Rams. Two weeks later they have the Buffs game which will then get their full attention. It would be hilarious if they overlooked their game against UNC and got beat. UNC is a middle of the road FCS team but they may be looking at CSU as a chance to gain credibility and notice in Colorado. Lots of their players will have a chip on their shoulders because they thought they should have been recruited by CSU. In short this game sets up for CSU a lot like the CSU game sets up for the Buffs. One team with a lot more talent but a lot less to play for against a team with less talent but a lot to play for.

What kind of disaster would it be for CSU to lose to UNC?

Is Parker Orm's brother still UNC's QB?

Is Parker Orm's brother still UNC's QB?

Yes, he will be a senior this year. Given a chance, UNC has the tools to put a hurting on CSU. Orms can throw it and they have some undersized but very fast recievers. They get back their most dangerous reciever after he missed all last year with an injury from the first game against Kansas and also should have another very good reciever back who missed last year for non-injury reasons, I'm guessing academic. They have a big enough O-line to push around the undersized CSU D given a chance. Their biggest problem will be that they are undersized and lack d-line depth.

I'm not predicting a win for the Bears but with CSUs history of overlooking FCS teams and their focus on CU this could be funny.

If CSU loses to UNC, there will be a half empty Invesco Stadium the following week. It'll be all CU fans and a few friends, family, and random vagrants that were handed free tickets on the East side of the Stadium.

If CSU loses to UNC, there will be a half empty Invesco Stadium the following week. It'll be all CU fans and a few friends, family, and random vagrants that were handed free tickets on the East side of the Stadium.

In comparison to if CSU wins the above plus the 5,000 CSU fans other than the die-hards that will show up anyways. The only time the CSU fans really show up for anything is those rare occassions that they Beat the Buffs. Then they spend a year running around in their CSU gear running their mouths despite whatever else is happening to their team.

unleash the beast, i think our defense may play alot tougher with these coaches and the loss in the secondary will be more than covered with monster man obi crushing buses

Phil Steele has csu in his most improved list. I would love to see UNC beat them!

It's all a matter of perspective. Going from "gawd awful sucktitude" to "almost mediocre" is a pretty remarkable improvement. They still suck, though.

Anyone see there wiki page? :lol:
CSU Wiki

They are however by in wide the worst fans in college football. They get up for one game a year against CU and if they do win, they act as if they have won the Super Bowl and pound their chests and go back into hiding until the next Rocky Mountain Showdown. They sport a record against CU of 21-61-2. The also sport a record against Wyoming of 55-42-5 and a record against Air Force of 19-29-1. They are also coming off of back to back 3-9 seasons which will lead to more chest pounding in the 2011 season.

Your work, tini? :lol:

Back