What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rams think they are getting invite to B1G

I hope they win this weekend, despite their dip**** fans. If we struggle in conference play again this year, it would be better for recruiting / confidence / trajectory if the Rams went on a win streak starting now.

How so? Our recruiting and long term confidence is not remotely based on beating a MW team. The direction of this program is tied much more to conference results. When selling recruits on progress, do you think MM is talking about how he beat a MW team led by a first year head coach, or how CU led in multiple conference games last season in the 4th quarter versus being blown out in previous years?

I think CSU is going to come out hungry. Pissed they lost their most important game of the year. I bet they roll against UTSA.

I think CSU is going to come out hungry. Pissed they lost their most important game of the year. I bet they roll against UTSA.
I cannot decide if this is the better outcome, or if them losing a letdown game is better. Either way, **** CSU.

I cannot decide if this is the better outcome, or if them losing a letdown game is better. Either way, **** CSU.
If we were actually GOOD and had a shot at something, I would root for them to keep winning to make us look better (in the early/mid 90s I rooted for Nebraska to be as good as possible by the time we played them - either way, it made us look better). The ONLY thing that's going to make us look better right now is winning. And believe me, I would be SO much more pissed if they got into a bowl game and we didn't.
1. We win the rest of our games and they lose the rest of our = Best case
2. We win the rest of our games, they win the rest of theirs = Whatever
3. We don't make it to a bowl, they do = I lose my mind!

How exactly did CSU end up playing a game in San Antonio? I hope for their sake that's a 2 for 1.

Appears to be a home and home with the Roadrunners.
Based on the attendance figures it would make more sense for it to be a 2 for 1 in favor of UTSA

In UTSA's 4th year of play, UTSA opened with a 27-7 win over Houston in the opening of new TDECU Stadium. UTSA, however, finished with a disappointing 4-8 overall record and 3-5 in conference play. For the season, UTSA averaged 27,576 fans per game, including a season high of 33,472 against Arizona

CSU hasn't averaged 27k in years they won 10 games. Recently they have had years below 20k

CSU will take care of UTSA.
UTSA has some good wins and they are playing at home, but CSU isn't a bad team at all, and they're going to NEED a win to stay relevant this year.

I think they rebound well and take care of their business.

Interesting that they had a 43% jump and still were both in the lower third of attendance and far short of selling enough tickets to fill their new projected stadium. Where does that number go when they fall back to winning 3-6 games a season.

The other thing that those statistics don't factor in is revenue per seat. It is important to fill seats but making money is more important. How much did the tickets sell for, seat donations, concessions and other revenues, etc. all factor in.

Our attendance last year didn't drop a huge amount but I'd bet our revenues dropped a lot more. Even with that I know that on a per seat basis we are way ahead of CSU in that area.

Ok we are in season mode. Can this thread be moved???? This thread and the rams are no longer relevant to us.

Had a HVAC repair guy over that the house yseterday. As he was leaving he made a comment about my CU hat. I asked why he would talk smack after they lost, his response: "We both know how that game should have ended"

He was a really good guy actually, but the ability for Little Bro to spin any narrative about the game cracks me up.

Had a HVAC repair guy over that the house yseterday. As he was leaving he made a comment about my CU hat. I asked why he would talk smack after they lost, his response: "We both know how that game should have ended"

He was a really good guy actually, but the ability for Little Bro to spin any narrative about the game cracks me up.
So strange.

Did he get his hvac repair guy degree at csu?

I hope you don't start getting a nasty stench from your central air/heat system soon.

Wow talk about delusional.

Just on missed points overall 3tds for us (2 for fields and 1 for keeney), two FG misses that's 26points for CU. For CSU 3 FG misses 9points, I cannot recall any blatent missed TDs for them. And even if that last FG blocked by TT had not been tipped it was an ugly hit and I dunno if it had the aim to be good.

I really don't know how the game could have ended any other way. But whatever helps them sleep at night.

Back