What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Random Thoughts & Observations

ASU fan again. Not here to gloat, but since this is about observations:

Your players don't look like our players. You have a significant talent problem. I'm guessing you all know this already, but from the outside looking in it's pretty apparent.

The microcosm of the season for this game to me was with 9:40 left in the 2nd quarter, ASU gets flagged for PI in the end zone. We get the ball 1st & goal from the 2, and we have to burn a time out because the OC can't get a ****ing play call in to the QB. We must have had trouble because the OC couldn't find a play for 1st & 2 on his script.

Also, the screen pass is always going to be open as a check option for any team we play as long as we opt to never feint a blitz. Every time the LBs approached the line as if they were going to blitz, they blitzed. That makes it awfully easy for the offense to audible into a screen and burn us for as many yards as they'd like to have.

I really enjoyed how they talked about how the team worked on tackling fundamentals really hard during the bye week, and then we saw those fundamentals in use on, I think, one play in the 1st quarter to an uproarious cheer. We then never saw those tackling fundamentals again. Glad those lessons are taking hold.:rolling_eyes:

This X1000000. I noticed this especially vs Fresno State. We would show blitz, Carr would audible out, and we would still blitz and get burned

I'm curious why people keep saying the Orms penalty was BS. I watched the replay at home and it was blatant.

Is Wood injured?

He didn't play last night. He didn't play against UCLA. I don't think he played against Washington State (official stats show he played on defense??)

He played against Fresno State. He played against Sac. State (1 play). I don't believe he played against CSU.

If he is healthy it would be nice to see him in the game with the game on the line. Although, I doubt his play makes a whiff of difference these next few weeks.

I'm curious why people keep saying the Orms penalty was BS. I watched the replay at home and it was blatant.

This as well. I only saw the end up Webb's personal foul, but he came off the field so pissed and almost hit Embree with his helmet

My own observations:

• The team has no chance of winning with the poor QB play we have seen this season. I was hoping that Webb would be a little better than TH (not a high expectation) but that is not the case. Webb is not very accurate. The 4.5 yards per attempt is horrible. If Webb is the best then how bad are the rest. This killed CU more than the Kickoff return - too many 3 and outs.
  • Josh Ford looks to me to be our best running back (since Powell is not around) - do not know why he does not play more. I watched him block on pass plays and he did okay.
  • The oline looked better IMO.
  • I agree the linebackers seem lost out there last night. I also think the D just got wore down mentally with no help from the O. It was discouraging to see the team take the series off after Daigh got hurt.
  • Orms has been tagged by the refs as someone to watch out for on late hits...the one personal foul was a joke - no impact on the game but an observation.
  • Having the east stands half empty at the start of the game due to the students not showing up is tiring.
  • The ASU fans have become my KSU of the PAC12. I always thought the KSU fans showed the least class in the Big 8/12 - I did not consider them a rival but loved to see them lose. ASU fans I met were lacking class on so many fronts - their team losing in the future will always be a weekend bonus for me.
  • Since we stayed until the bitter end we had no problem getting out of the parking lot - the other 30 people in the stadium at the end must of parked in a different lot.

If I was Embree I would start building for the future at the QB position, let someone else take some snaps that are meaningful, maybe we will get a surprise.

The only thing I can think is that Josh Ford must be the worst practice player in the history of sport to keep him so far off the coaches radar most of the time. Every time we've seen him in game situations and they've put the ball in his hands, he's shined.

KSU has higher academic standards than ASU, so I'm not sure what you really expected from them. It is a university whose undergrad population is made up primarily of mouth breathing troglodytes and bleach-blonde Barbies from southern California who have no business attending college, but their parents have the money to pay for them to have a college experience. University of Phoenix is more selective than ASU.

I would like to see them build for the future at QB at this point as well, but so help me God if they burn Dillon's redshirt at this point I'm going to blow a gasket. Put in Hirschman and Wood and get them reps. We've all seen what Webb can do at this point.

This as well. I only saw the end up Webb's personal foul, but he came off the field so pissed and almost hit Embree with his helmet

Webb's was a bad retaliation penalty. I understand that he was frustrated because the ASU player was antagonizing him well behind the play, but you can't retaliate...particularly not when you are 5 feet away from the ref.

On the Orms penalty, I didn't think it looked particularly bad on replay in the stadium, but the play happened so far from me that I didn't know when the whistle had blown. It didn't appear to be malicious, it just seemed like he was trying to drag the guy out of bounds.

My own observations:

• The team has no chance of winning with the poor QB play we have seen this season. I was hoping that Webb would be a little better than TH (not a high expectation) but that is not the case. Webb is not very accurate. The 4.5 yards per attempt is horrible. If Webb is the best then how bad are the rest.

• Agreed. He throws a terrible deep ball. Overthrows his receivers every damn time he goes deep. The defense knows this, so they can just play tight coverage and take away the short stuff. Same story as when Cody was here, although Cody threw a better deep ball, he just didn't have the arm strength.

From where I sat in the stadium it did not appear to be blatant and the replay did not show anything. I have not watched it on TV - it may appear different.

From where I sat in the stadium it did not appear to be blatant and the replay did not show anything. I have not watched it on TV - it may appear different.

It was. Orms continued to try to take down the receiver while out of bounds, at least a couple of seconds after whistles had blown.

The only thing I can think is that Josh Ford must be the worst practice player in the history of sport to keep him so far off the coaches radar most of the time. Every time we've seen him in game situations and they've put the ball in his hands, he's shined.

I'm not sure the staff can evaluate ANY talent. The O-Line was supposed to be the strength, Jones was supposed to be a stud, Powell wasn't good enough to start. Seems like they figure it out based on either coin flips or game experience. For whatever reason, clearly EB doesnt think much of Ford

Back